02 January 2006
Monday 2nd January 2006

Well here we are in 2006. I haven't written or posted any photos for a few days, due to the fact that the weather has been hideous. Rain, rain and more sodding rain until today, when hooray, it didn't rain. Nearly a whole 24 hours without rain, it must be a miracle - but I have just let the dog out, and guess what, it's raining.
Yesterday was so awful, I only managed to take the dog for about a 10 minute walk at around 3.30, before we got wet and cold and decided to give the day up as a bad job.
Today started slightly misty, the attached photo shows just a small brigadoon type patch of fog across the village, take at 8.45 am this morning. This rapidly became thick fog, but soon dispersed and by about 12 noon, we had a beautiful sunny day, with blue skies.
The forecast is for more of the arctic weather to return by Friday I believe, so something to really look forward to.
The car is drying out a bit, I went and bought a new fan heater today, so hopefully shall give it another good airing tomorrow. The front seats are still a little damp, not too terrible though, but the front carpets are the worst. I'm sick of driving with the heater flat out already, I had the sun roof open today, it was like summer all over again!