21 January 2006

Saturday 21st January

Another fantastic day today, weatherwise. Started off at zero degrees at 9am, but not enough to give a frost or freeze the bird baths. Blue skies, sunshine, not a breath of wind, anyone would be thrilled to have a day like this at the beginning of April, let alone mid-January. Took Emma to Penbryn. Haven't been there for about 18 months since I got a warning "parking ticket" from the NT! This time I decided I'd better park in the official car park and walk down the half mile road to the beach, rather than park at the turning circle only. So goody-twoshoes trudges down, and then finds about 4 other vehicles parked in the turning circle! Never mind, I wanted the longer walk, as I knew the tide would be in and there wasn't an awful lot of sands to walk on. Took the long route back, up the woodland path to the side of the streamlet. Not a wise move, it started off okay with sandy steps, but quickly progressed into a horrible muddy load of sludge, but it was too late to turn back. Emma got smothered. So did my best trainers. Still, we managed to wash off in the stream when we were nearly back to the car park! Then drove to New Quay and had fish and chips sitting on the harbour wall. Had fun feeding a cheeky Rook. Bloody lovely. :o)
Penbryn Beach
Waves breaking up the rocks
Waterfall in the woodland near the National Trust car park
Emma posing nicely near a really interesting branch on a tree, growing at a really weird angle.
Looking down to the stream from the path

Comments:
Thanks Steve, glad you are still looking. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++