30 January 2006
The Village Hill Climb!
Another fantastic sunny day (4th in a row now) Freezing cold out of the sun though, the frost never thawed off my grass today, and the road was still white where the sun never reached. It went down to minus 4c last night, so not as cold as it has been. I took Emma for the hill-climb walk this afternoon - one I only attempt when (a) I am feeling fit and (b) it is dry. Its a farm track which for the first part is about a 1 in 3 hill, very stoney, then levels out to grass trackway, but because of the farmers tractor using it, a nightmare if wet, just a load of sludge. Still was a bit muddy. Had to wash Emma's feet in a bowl of warm water when I got back! Fantastic views from the top. Took a couple of pics of the village on the way back down.

The main part of the village, my house is in there somewhere!

The northern end of the village

The main part of the village, my house is in there somewhere!

The northern end of the village