28 March 2006
Wind and Rain
Thought it was about time I did another post. No photos to post though. Have only been shopping lately, nothing very exciting. But I wanted to mention that at tea time tonight it stopped raining. That is the first time for four days almost, apart from 10 minutes or so, now and then. We have been lashed with torrential rain, and gale force, sometimes near hurricane force gusts. One of my fence panels was completely destroyed on Sunday night. Roads have been closed with flooding, council workers are earning their money again for a change - seen the lorries out trying to unblock the drains all over the place. I went to Carmarthen shopping today, and Matalans has been shut since Sunday too, because they have lost some of their roof! The Towy has overflowed as usual all over the fields, alongside the by-pass is just one huge lake. It was milder too, so I have turned down all my storage heaters, and also the oil-filled rad in the bird shed. Now tonight the cloud has cleared and it feels bloody cold. Typical. :o(
Oh well, March is going out like a lion as goes the old saying. Thank christ it will soon be May. Poor lambs being born at the moment, the fields are full of the poor wee shivering things, laying in the mud. I wonder how many have died/will die of hyperthermia? (think I've spelt that wrong, but can't be bothered to look it up)
I think we still have more rain to come for the next few days according to the forecasts, great. I am already sinking four inches into sludge in the garden when I go to do the birds, much more and I will need waders. Great fun too when my new fence panel comes, will be a lovely struggle getting that up on my own, (not to mention pulling down what remains of the old one) But I really don't want to see into the garden of my neighbour (or should I say jungle) or a clear view through to the main road and the Spar shop. Although I guess it could be handy, I can just walk straight across if I need any shopping, save me about 200 yards going round the long way!
Oh well, March is going out like a lion as goes the old saying. Thank christ it will soon be May. Poor lambs being born at the moment, the fields are full of the poor wee shivering things, laying in the mud. I wonder how many have died/will die of hyperthermia? (think I've spelt that wrong, but can't be bothered to look it up)
I think we still have more rain to come for the next few days according to the forecasts, great. I am already sinking four inches into sludge in the garden when I go to do the birds, much more and I will need waders. Great fun too when my new fence panel comes, will be a lovely struggle getting that up on my own, (not to mention pulling down what remains of the old one) But I really don't want to see into the garden of my neighbour (or should I say jungle) or a clear view through to the main road and the Spar shop. Although I guess it could be handy, I can just walk straight across if I need any shopping, save me about 200 yards going round the long way!