27 April 2006

The Doctors. .......again

Not much to report on the visit. She was fairly keen for me to try another type of pill but when I told her how ill Prozac had made me before, she thought maybe it would be best to just up the dosage of the ones I'm on now to 75mg for two months more and see how I get on. I told her how sleepy these are making me in the mornings, so if it gets too bad, then stick to the 50mg dose. If I feel no better within about 6 weeks, then I am to wean myself off them, so that they are out of my system for a week, before I can try something else. That was about it really then, came away armed with my prescription and another one for my migraine pills. Took Emma round the park before lunch for a change. Went and bought my tv licence which runs out on Sunday, £131 now, breaks your heart doesn't it? But I couldn't be without my telly.

Today has been really sunny but a cold northerly wind, but lovely if you could sit in a sheltered bit - I am so glad I moved my wooden bench. I sat outside and ate my lunch for the first time this year. I also did two loads of washing, which dried good enough to put away instead of stuck on airers in front of the rads. Also finally got enthusiastic enough to put in my tomato plant seeds that mum gave me when I was down there in February, and also the runner beans (did 12) and the geranium ones that she gave me too. Don't suppose they will all come up, don't know what I'd do with 14 tomato plants or 12 runner beans for that matter. I've had to put the tomatoes and geraniums indoors as it will be too cold for them at night yet, they are on my desk in the bedroom! And to round the day off, I actually summoned some more energy to cut the grass. I did the front yesterday with the push mower, as that doesn't take long, but the back and sides I did with the electric. I think I may let the horrible slopey bit in the corner go wild this year, mind you I said that the last two years and then ended up cutting it because it looked so messy. I hate that bit of my garden, its on a 45 degree slope and there's the wire fence, steps, bushes and lumpy bits, it's a nightmare to cut.

One thing of mention, I thought I was losing the plot - now I know I have. I was outside, finished cutting the grass, when White Cheek, the tamish Blackbird appeared. I have three pairs that come here, all feeding youngsters at the moment, and they take sultanas from a little dish I have on the kitchen windowsill. I looked and it was empty, so I said, "hang on fella, Mummy will get you some more!" OMG, Mummy! I mean I know I am the dog's mummy, and even my budgie's mummy, but surely not wild birds! lol.

Nothing much else to report, oh apart from I put my two guinea pigs out on the grass before I cut it for a couple of hours - their first ever excursion into the big wide world. They were pretty scared at first, but soon realised that grass is yummy stuff, and were skipping around in the enclosure. I didn't leave them too long although they were in a sheltered spot, but it wasn't overly warm if the sun went behind a cloud.

Nothing on tv tonight, bored already. Time to go and shut my birdies in though now. Yippee, Lost is back next Tuesday, with a two episode start. Although I've already seen these, can't wait to see it again, the first one of Series 2 is Fantastic!

Smudge

Soot

White Cheek on my windowsill

Comments:
awww he is saying thanks Mum!!!!
 
Glad all went well at the doc's Jan. Lovely for the guinea pigs too!
 
The piggies look so well Jan, and are really enjoying the grass.
I m sure you ll feel better soon with the warmer weather, and the tree s are starting to look nice now with all the new leaves coming, I love the beach trees in spring, with the lime green ones.
 
Aw, cute piggies!!!

Must put mine on the grass while it's nice weather.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++