17 April 2006
Easter Monday - Llandysul - The Teifi
Another action packed day for me today, when I could finally drag myself out of bed that is. The pills I am taking are making me very lethargic. Well, that's my excuse, I suppose in truth, I was already.
So I got up, put some washing in, went and did the birds, and for the first time I can remember, cut the grass before lunch. I'm sure that I've never done it before mid-afternoon here before, it's normally too wet, but it's getting that I can't remember the last time we had any rain .....(ssshhhhhhhh!) Then time for a spot of lunch, and took Emma just to the nearby village. It's a lovely riverside walk, alongside the Teifi, where the local canoe club hold lots of events. It's a shame that now the person who has the fields at the end has put up fencing and a padlocked gate, because apparently some kid jumped into the water off the rocks and injured themselves, and tried to sue him. I'm sure that the field has a public footpath running through it, so am not sure he is within his rights to stop access like this, because it has been used for x amount of years.
Anyhow enough waffle, will post some piccies, Emma as usual straight in the water, I'm sure she was an otter in a previous life. She is now crammed against me, snoring, and very damp, despite intensive rubbing with the towel.
This is taken from the road bridge. You can see the post thingies (don't know the right name) that the Canoe Club uses for slaloms. They have quite a lot of big competitions here, with loads of people camping out.
As you walk down the path alongside the river, there are a few nice carvings. This one is obviously of a canoe and paddler! It's nice that people have a bit of respect on the whole for this place and things don't get vandalised.
Another carving of an otter.
Emma posing in front of the bar-b-que area
No comment necessary
The meadow filled with buttercups, no smelly cattle have been in there for a while then.

The rapids ...
Shall I go in again then...?
When I came back I decided to put Mrs Snuffles out with Mr Snuffles (I am still assuming Snuffles is a boy, but really have no idea) So here is a picture of his new luxury pad in-situ.
So I got up, put some washing in, went and did the birds, and for the first time I can remember, cut the grass before lunch. I'm sure that I've never done it before mid-afternoon here before, it's normally too wet, but it's getting that I can't remember the last time we had any rain .....(ssshhhhhhhh!) Then time for a spot of lunch, and took Emma just to the nearby village. It's a lovely riverside walk, alongside the Teifi, where the local canoe club hold lots of events. It's a shame that now the person who has the fields at the end has put up fencing and a padlocked gate, because apparently some kid jumped into the water off the rocks and injured themselves, and tried to sue him. I'm sure that the field has a public footpath running through it, so am not sure he is within his rights to stop access like this, because it has been used for x amount of years.
Anyhow enough waffle, will post some piccies, Emma as usual straight in the water, I'm sure she was an otter in a previous life. She is now crammed against me, snoring, and very damp, despite intensive rubbing with the towel.
This is taken from the road bridge. You can see the post thingies (don't know the right name) that the Canoe Club uses for slaloms. They have quite a lot of big competitions here, with loads of people camping out.
As you walk down the path alongside the river, there are a few nice carvings. This one is obviously of a canoe and paddler! It's nice that people have a bit of respect on the whole for this place and things don't get vandalised.
Another carving of an otter.
Emma posing in front of the bar-b-que area
No comment necessary
The meadow filled with buttercups, no smelly cattle have been in there for a while then.
The rapids ...
Shall I go in again then...?
When I came back I decided to put Mrs Snuffles out with Mr Snuffles (I am still assuming Snuffles is a boy, but really have no idea) So here is a picture of his new luxury pad in-situ.
Comments:
<< Home
lovely photos jan, the wood carvings looked amazing!
I thought snuffs was a boy! Erm sexing hogs...
You need to look at their tummies, if you feel around the fur on their tummies in the centre of its belly...if its a male you will feel its "thing" (lol) if you dont feel anything then its a girl!!!
Good luck tickling his/her tummy!!! Oh Im in stitches now!!!
I thought snuffs was a boy! Erm sexing hogs...
You need to look at their tummies, if you feel around the fur on their tummies in the centre of its belly...if its a male you will feel its "thing" (lol) if you dont feel anything then its a girl!!!
Good luck tickling his/her tummy!!! Oh Im in stitches now!!!
Why don't you just say what you mean Nic, feel to see if he has a willy! lol. We tried this at the vets when I was first taking him, and two of us couldnt do it, he just curled up so tightly, not a hope of feeling for anything, unless we wanted a crushed and pierced finger.
Post a Comment
<< Home
