17 April 2006

Later the same day....

I just thought of something funny that I wanted to write down, about the place I went to day, the iron gate with the padlock with a combination. The first time I went there, I did the right combination, opened the gate, went the other side and then thought I'd better not leave it open, so I put the chain back round and turned all the numbers on the lock. Fine. When I came back, I couldn't see if I'd got the numbers in the right sequence, my head wouldn't fit through the gaps in the iron rails in the gate so that I could see what was happening. Lol. Talk about panic, I thought I was going to have to jump in the river and wade round, but in the end I managed to scale the 10 feet high cliff a bit further along and get back the other side! What a plonker!

I also forgot to report what birds I saw and heard, I thought I'd start doing that when I'm out. Often there aren't any, but today, I disturbed a Grey Heron who flew off downriver, I saw a pair of grey wagtails, a dipper, song thrush in the meadow, 18 jackdaw nests in the overhead trees with noisy occupants, blue and great tits, and a buzzard. I also heard a bird call which I didnt recognise, a sort of tick tick click noise. I shall have to listen to my cd and see if I can find out.

Seen my first pair of house martins here at home too this teatime. Oh and there are definitely no pipistrelle bats around yet, I stood outside for a while at twilight last night as it was so pleasantly warm and peaceful, and nothing. Just the time when they would have been around normally. I wonder if they didn't make it through the winter.

Comments:
Dipper is a super little bird!
 
lol Jan!!!!
 
That's what I need, a CD! I don't know many bird songs, if I knew them I'd know what to look for.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++