12 April 2006
Re-think Day/Newcastle Emlyn
I've just realised that it would be more helpful to me (and maybe to anyone else who wants to read this rubbish) that I should actually name the daily blogs with the title of the place I went (or didn't as the case may be) rather than the date, which is meaningless in the future, and the date appears above my title anyway. I discovered this fact this morning as I had a read back through the archives to see how witty and hilariously funny I can be (:rolleyes smiley:) - the date was pointless, I wanted to read the day I went to Aberporth for instance, not Tuesday 12th February or whatever... So now will mean a fair old bit of editing. Still it will give me something to do.
How sad am I too, that I took Emma to Newcastle Emlyn, and in the pound shop I bought a hedgehog ornament thingy as a friend for Snuffles, and couldn't wait to get back to photograph it, and write up on this blog. I am really cracking up I think. Also my life now revolves getting back at all costs in time to watch Deal or No Deal on C4 at 4.15. So by the time I got back to the car after the pound shop, Spar Shop, Pet Shop, it was 3.57. And I still made it, a journey that can normally take 20 minutes, I did it in 14. At one stage, there is a very steep hill as you come out of a 40 limit, and there was this bloke in a black number right up my exhaust, just itching to get past. Well I left him for dead up that hill, my turbo injection Citroen was no match for his poxy little Renault thing, I did 80 up that hill and was laughing my arse off, stupid prat, he didn't know he was messing with an ex taxi driver did he? (insert smirking smiley) I really am getting so aggressive though, it's something I must mention to the doc tomorrow!
Anyway I decided to make this into a proper diary, not only photos from now on, as the time will come fairly shortly when I run out of places to photograph, I will have done them all. So now it's just going to be a mixture of rambling, moaning, whingeing and general crap. So if you decide to give up reading, I won't blame you in the least.
I have become such a grump, everything and everyone (well nearly) annoys the hell out of me, or upsets me, or irritates me, or makes me really angry. Or a combination of all of them. It is getting to the stage now where I am almost afraid to go out because I know one of those things is going to occur. Take today, a harmless walk with Emma round the castle at NE. So on the way there, I see yet another piece of farm land being ripped apart for another building plot or two. They had a JCB ripping out about 50 yards of hedge alongside the road. I wonder if there were any nests, not that they would give a shit. Oh and by the way, please excuse my language, but the thing is, this blog should be about how I really am, and I swear a great deal I'm afraid.
Secondly, round the ramparts (think thats the right word) of the castle, last autumn the council in their infinite wisdom decided to rip out all the shrubs, blackberry bushes, gorse etc all the way round, and just left it all laying there in heaps. So today, they have set light to it all. Again, I wonder if there were any nests..... So now I stink of smoke, because the bloke who was doing all the various bonfires was having a great time, stoking and poking, and as I walked past I saw him putting an old tyre on that he had found, and this evil black smoke was billowing across the land for half a mile or so. What an imbecile (decided not to put the word I really wanted to there)
Next I went into the pet shop/garden centre as I'm getting a bit low on millet for my birdies. I took a bunch, priced at 3.25 a kilo. £2.87! F.....ing hell, I nearly told them where to put it, but I just said Good God! lol. She says you don't have to have a whole bunch, you can just have a few sprays. I says well Ive got over 30 birds, so it wouldn't last long. Honestly I bought some in Clares the other day, about the same size, and it was £1.30. I can buy a 15 kilo box in Pets At Home for £16.00 That means on their prices, 15 kilos would be a whacking £48.75 - what a bloody rip-off.
This morning I spent an hour or so buggering around in the front porch as I have decided to go for it and release Snuffles gradually. We have mild weather forecast for the next 10 days, well I'll take that with a pinch of salt, but if I set him up out there, if it does turn cold again, I can always bring him back in, but at least out there he can get some fresh air instead of that stinking damp old cupboard he's been stuck in for the past 6 months, poor little sod. I only hope the barrier I have erected will thwart any escape attempts - I've used an old perspex sheet (it was my shower screen - its 2 feet high, but of course is entirely slippery, so I don't think he can climb it. Will no doubt find out though, hope not, I will be gutted. I am somehow going to try and set up the webcam in there tonight, it will mean I will have to sit in the hall with this laptop whilst I have it on, but will be worth it I hope. I gave him a dish of scrambled egg last night as I broke Stupid's egg when I brought it in (well I accidently hit it against the wall outside actually) and I already had a cracked one in there from a week ago, so I decided to scramble for the birds today, but just see if he liked it. Obviously did, all gone today, as well as his normal huge plate of dog food, peanuts, sultanas etc. I actually managed to see him last night too, I went to replenish the dish about 12 oclock and he was out, and didnt run and hide. I decided to put him out as he appears to have scratched around last night as if he wanted out. It's actually warmer in the porch I think than in that cupboard, and I shall turn his box away from the wind, and I am going to put it in a green plastic sack to make it waterproof, so he should be snug as a bug... the only thing I have to figure out later is to make the opening smaller, in case a cat jumps over in there and decides it wants to take up residence.
Blimey this has turned into a marathon post, and I haven't even started to do any editing. Tea time again, don't know where the time goes, I really don't. Well I do, I don't get up early enough.
Oh yeah, another moan, the bloody electric man came to read the meter at 8.15 this morning, good job I was in my joggers, just going out to let the chickens out. And he informed me Swalec have put their prices up, and he re-set my meter (I have a pre-pay token one) It's already costing me £20 a sodding week, just to run three storage heaters. Greedy bastards. :(
Mrs Snuffles
Stupid - Dark when I'm being polite
How sad am I too, that I took Emma to Newcastle Emlyn, and in the pound shop I bought a hedgehog ornament thingy as a friend for Snuffles, and couldn't wait to get back to photograph it, and write up on this blog. I am really cracking up I think. Also my life now revolves getting back at all costs in time to watch Deal or No Deal on C4 at 4.15. So by the time I got back to the car after the pound shop, Spar Shop, Pet Shop, it was 3.57. And I still made it, a journey that can normally take 20 minutes, I did it in 14. At one stage, there is a very steep hill as you come out of a 40 limit, and there was this bloke in a black number right up my exhaust, just itching to get past. Well I left him for dead up that hill, my turbo injection Citroen was no match for his poxy little Renault thing, I did 80 up that hill and was laughing my arse off, stupid prat, he didn't know he was messing with an ex taxi driver did he? (insert smirking smiley) I really am getting so aggressive though, it's something I must mention to the doc tomorrow!
Anyway I decided to make this into a proper diary, not only photos from now on, as the time will come fairly shortly when I run out of places to photograph, I will have done them all. So now it's just going to be a mixture of rambling, moaning, whingeing and general crap. So if you decide to give up reading, I won't blame you in the least.
I have become such a grump, everything and everyone (well nearly) annoys the hell out of me, or upsets me, or irritates me, or makes me really angry. Or a combination of all of them. It is getting to the stage now where I am almost afraid to go out because I know one of those things is going to occur. Take today, a harmless walk with Emma round the castle at NE. So on the way there, I see yet another piece of farm land being ripped apart for another building plot or two. They had a JCB ripping out about 50 yards of hedge alongside the road. I wonder if there were any nests, not that they would give a shit. Oh and by the way, please excuse my language, but the thing is, this blog should be about how I really am, and I swear a great deal I'm afraid.
Secondly, round the ramparts (think thats the right word) of the castle, last autumn the council in their infinite wisdom decided to rip out all the shrubs, blackberry bushes, gorse etc all the way round, and just left it all laying there in heaps. So today, they have set light to it all. Again, I wonder if there were any nests..... So now I stink of smoke, because the bloke who was doing all the various bonfires was having a great time, stoking and poking, and as I walked past I saw him putting an old tyre on that he had found, and this evil black smoke was billowing across the land for half a mile or so. What an imbecile (decided not to put the word I really wanted to there)
Next I went into the pet shop/garden centre as I'm getting a bit low on millet for my birdies. I took a bunch, priced at 3.25 a kilo. £2.87! F.....ing hell, I nearly told them where to put it, but I just said Good God! lol. She says you don't have to have a whole bunch, you can just have a few sprays. I says well Ive got over 30 birds, so it wouldn't last long. Honestly I bought some in Clares the other day, about the same size, and it was £1.30. I can buy a 15 kilo box in Pets At Home for £16.00 That means on their prices, 15 kilos would be a whacking £48.75 - what a bloody rip-off.
This morning I spent an hour or so buggering around in the front porch as I have decided to go for it and release Snuffles gradually. We have mild weather forecast for the next 10 days, well I'll take that with a pinch of salt, but if I set him up out there, if it does turn cold again, I can always bring him back in, but at least out there he can get some fresh air instead of that stinking damp old cupboard he's been stuck in for the past 6 months, poor little sod. I only hope the barrier I have erected will thwart any escape attempts - I've used an old perspex sheet (it was my shower screen - its 2 feet high, but of course is entirely slippery, so I don't think he can climb it. Will no doubt find out though, hope not, I will be gutted. I am somehow going to try and set up the webcam in there tonight, it will mean I will have to sit in the hall with this laptop whilst I have it on, but will be worth it I hope. I gave him a dish of scrambled egg last night as I broke Stupid's egg when I brought it in (well I accidently hit it against the wall outside actually) and I already had a cracked one in there from a week ago, so I decided to scramble for the birds today, but just see if he liked it. Obviously did, all gone today, as well as his normal huge plate of dog food, peanuts, sultanas etc. I actually managed to see him last night too, I went to replenish the dish about 12 oclock and he was out, and didnt run and hide. I decided to put him out as he appears to have scratched around last night as if he wanted out. It's actually warmer in the porch I think than in that cupboard, and I shall turn his box away from the wind, and I am going to put it in a green plastic sack to make it waterproof, so he should be snug as a bug... the only thing I have to figure out later is to make the opening smaller, in case a cat jumps over in there and decides it wants to take up residence.
Blimey this has turned into a marathon post, and I haven't even started to do any editing. Tea time again, don't know where the time goes, I really don't. Well I do, I don't get up early enough.
Oh yeah, another moan, the bloody electric man came to read the meter at 8.15 this morning, good job I was in my joggers, just going out to let the chickens out. And he informed me Swalec have put their prices up, and he re-set my meter (I have a pre-pay token one) It's already costing me £20 a sodding week, just to run three storage heaters. Greedy bastards. :(
Mrs Snuffles
Stupid - Dark when I'm being polite
Comments:
<< Home
Lol Jan you have made me laugh, I can relate to such much of what you said. Good luck with snuffs! Im sure he will be fine, you will have to start making the hog box next
Post a Comment
<< Home
