20 May 2006

Busy, busy day....

Emma woke me up at 5.45 this morning, getting on the bed, and then snoring, and I couldn't get back to sleep. Not funny because I didnt got to bed until about 12.35. I ended up making a coffee at 6.30, did my online quiz, and then watched my episode 22 of Lost at 7 am!

I had to get some shopping today, and was nearly out of food for Snuffles, so thought I'd go to Cilgerran and Cardigan Tescos, also meant I could fill up with diesel and get my clubcard points. (Bloody amazing isn't it, have to do a 52 mile round trip to get fuel on your clubcard - I can't wait for the Carmarthen superstore to be open in November, I pray that they have fuel.....)

Anyway, was in the car and away by 10 am, a world record for me, having fed all the birds in the aviary, and done my feeders etc, and washed up from last night, lol.

My red light was flashing on the way to Cardigan, was a bit worried, but made it. Got my shopping (I had a £3 off coupon to use too, which sort of helped towards the travelling) Filled up with diesel - shit me, £42 worth! I remember when we used to fill our twin tanks of our Camper for less than that, not that long ago either. Its 98.9 a litre here now, cheapest. Disgusting.

Then went down to Cilgerran, by the river, where I posted a lot of pictures from before. I did take the camera again, but the bloody batteries were flat AGAIN! They were on charge all day this week, and I hadn't used it, one of them is sodding faulty - have now chucked it in the bin. Lots of poor trees had come down and were laying in the river, bits of branches everywhere too, it's been so windy this week. It was also pissing with rain for some of the time, but luckily the river walk is completely sheltered by the overhead trees, so didn't get wet The path was really muddy though, Emma got plastered.

We sat in the car and had a doughnut and a cheesey pastry thing, and then I went round to Dog Food Dave's for some more sunflower hearts and cat food. Bugger, he hadn't any of the Morrison's foils left, I took a chance on some blank ones, hope they haven't got fish in them, else Emma will have a year's supply of dinners now.

Came home, and unpacked it all, did the bird feeders again, all empty, and then got on with doing my border with the weedblock, planting my little plants, and then doing the gravel. Looks good even though I say it myself. I just have to get some sort of edging strip down the grass side now I think, to stop grass cuttings going in the stones, and also to act as a bit of a windbreak when the dead leaves come down in the autumn, don't want to be picking them out.

All in all, completely knackered on 5 hours sleep, feeling very tired now, so should have a good night's sleep I hope. Now watching the Eurovision Song Contest, I sure am a glutton for punishment, absolute trash, but I am just waiting to see if that crap we have entered actually gets any points, I hope not. I couldn't believe it when it was chosen by the viewers to represent us. Daz is an arrogant prick, and those awful schoolgirls shrieking all through it make me want to kill someone. In fact I went out to shut the birds in when it came on, else I would have had to mute the tv anyway!

To end on a sad note, I don't think my little hamster is going to last a lot longer. She is now very weak, I am handing her little bits of treat foods, like cheese, apple, and she is taking it into her nest, but I don't think she is eating very much of it. She came out just now, and she is very wobbly and shaky, can hardly walk, exactly like my last two have been - I doubt she has many more days left now. Made me well up with tears, because she is still so sweet and tame, and let me stroke her little head, my others would have bitten me if I'd done that when they were in their nests. I have removed the overhead shelf and her wheel now, so that I can keep an eye on her, she wouldn't have been able to climb up the ladder anymore now. Poor little mite, why couldn't she have been a 3 year one instead of a 2?? It's so unfair the length of their little lives. Her cage is now on the end of the sofa in front of the rad, as I expect she will feel cold with so little movement and food inside her. :o(

Little Maisie when she was younger



Some of my ornaments have a nicer place to sit now :o)

Comments:
Your just like me Jan rushing here and there, and I think its the animals, they are a lot of work ar nt they, I m on the phone ordering food, humping it into the car, just so much to do with them.
Sad about your hammy, its awful when you can t do anything for them, I often think of my bunz, and what will become of them, but at least they have had a very happy life, like your hammy.
 
yeah really sad for your hamster jan :(

You have done a smashing job with the border though, really puts my wildness to shame!!
 
Yes, so sad to hear about your hamster Jan, we used to have one and they are dear little things. The problem with having pets is that it is inevitable that they will leave you at some point. I have just lost Moki, however I comfort myself with the fact that she had a good life with us and was much loved.
 
Aw, poor Maisie, so sorry to hear about her. :(

Border looks great btw!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++