10 May 2006
Is someone trying to tell me something????
Today, as mentioned earlier, was a lovely, warm day. It was 21c outside at 12.30, although not really sunny, ideal weather to put my guinea pigs out for a graze. So I got the wire run out of the shed, took out the piggies. Sat down at the patio table and thought, ooooh Chippy would like to be out here, so brought him out in his cage too. Then thought, I'll do a bite to eat and sit out here and watch my pets enjoying themselves. Ate my toast and salad, my apple and made a coffee. Halfway through the coffee I looked up to watch the swifts overhead, and got an eyeful of water (No, not poo!) A rain drop. Within seconds there were a lot of raindrops. And then a torrential lot of raindrops. Sodding hell, ran and put the coffee indoors, ran back and got the guinea pigs, and brought them back in, then ran back and got Chippy, (who was quite enjoying the shower I think) Then the rain stopped. And it turned into a gorgeous afternoon, very hot. I didn't go shopping - too hot. I just took Emma down the local park and for a splash about in the river, then came home and cut the grass ( all of it for the first time, I've been doing it in bits normally) It was really long at the front, and it's only been just over a week too, at least 4inches high.
In between the walk and the grass cutting, as is my norm, I switched on the tv to watch Deal or No Deal. Now please tell me I'm not going mad. Turned on tv, turned on Sky box - picture, but silence. Changed to another channel, still silence. Turned to a normal terrestial channel, still silence. Hell, the tv has lost the sound! Shit. I was on the phone last night from 9 oclock till nearly midnite, my mate Sandi rang, so I had the tv on mute all this time. So of course, assumed something had jammed up. Kept pressing the mute on and off on the remote, then turned everything off, then back on, waggled a few leads. Then gave up and rushed into the bedroom to watch it in there. As it turned out, I should do that more often, because the tv is one of the LCD ones that I treated myself to last year, and hardly use. Great picture, and it was nice to laze on the bed to watch DoND for a change, my bedroom is lovely in the afternoon too, the sun is round there and it's bright and warm. Anyway, after it had finished, I thought I'd take another quick look at tv in living room again, and maybe post a HELP! message on the internet forum I use. So as I switched it on, I just heard the lowest ever sound, pressed the volume button - (insert very embarrassed smiley here)I had turned the volume down, not only muting it last night, but actually turned the bloody volume down. What a stupid cow I am!
Now we are about to have one hell of a thunderstorm by the sounds of things, there were a few rumbles of thunder earlier, but they are getting more frequent now, and the sky is a bit black! Hope we don't lose the power, cos that's what normally happens here - thunder and lightening means electric goes off. Like living in the 60s still you know (or so my mum says) She can't believe we don't have gas here, thinks we are very primitive don't you know!
Oh well, I am just starting to watch Pearl Harbour, not sure if I will stick with it or not, have never seen it and I normally like this sort of film. I am terrible with films though, they have to be excellent to hold my attention.
Oh one bit of birdy news - my little Marsh or Willow tit is back - haven't seen him/her for months, are they migratory I wonder? It's quite tame, flew right past me in the garden to go down to the sunflower hearts I throw under the holly bush (mainly for the dunnocks and robin) Cute little bird. I was convinced it was a Marsh Tit but when I posted the photo on bbf, someone said it was a WT.
I guess my birdies will be going in earlier tonight, as its quite dark here, and it also looks like its about to rain, so will end now and go prepare my hogs food dishes.
This is my Chippy, he's sitting on the peg outside his cage at this moment chattering away, he is the best talking budgie I've ever had, and is very comical.
The Marsh or Willow Tit - anyone any opinions? This is the picture from last year, but its still the same bird (or a very close relative)
In between the walk and the grass cutting, as is my norm, I switched on the tv to watch Deal or No Deal. Now please tell me I'm not going mad. Turned on tv, turned on Sky box - picture, but silence. Changed to another channel, still silence. Turned to a normal terrestial channel, still silence. Hell, the tv has lost the sound! Shit. I was on the phone last night from 9 oclock till nearly midnite, my mate Sandi rang, so I had the tv on mute all this time. So of course, assumed something had jammed up. Kept pressing the mute on and off on the remote, then turned everything off, then back on, waggled a few leads. Then gave up and rushed into the bedroom to watch it in there. As it turned out, I should do that more often, because the tv is one of the LCD ones that I treated myself to last year, and hardly use. Great picture, and it was nice to laze on the bed to watch DoND for a change, my bedroom is lovely in the afternoon too, the sun is round there and it's bright and warm. Anyway, after it had finished, I thought I'd take another quick look at tv in living room again, and maybe post a HELP! message on the internet forum I use. So as I switched it on, I just heard the lowest ever sound, pressed the volume button - (insert very embarrassed smiley here)I had turned the volume down, not only muting it last night, but actually turned the bloody volume down. What a stupid cow I am!
Now we are about to have one hell of a thunderstorm by the sounds of things, there were a few rumbles of thunder earlier, but they are getting more frequent now, and the sky is a bit black! Hope we don't lose the power, cos that's what normally happens here - thunder and lightening means electric goes off. Like living in the 60s still you know (or so my mum says) She can't believe we don't have gas here, thinks we are very primitive don't you know!
Oh well, I am just starting to watch Pearl Harbour, not sure if I will stick with it or not, have never seen it and I normally like this sort of film. I am terrible with films though, they have to be excellent to hold my attention.
Oh one bit of birdy news - my little Marsh or Willow tit is back - haven't seen him/her for months, are they migratory I wonder? It's quite tame, flew right past me in the garden to go down to the sunflower hearts I throw under the holly bush (mainly for the dunnocks and robin) Cute little bird. I was convinced it was a Marsh Tit but when I posted the photo on bbf, someone said it was a WT.
I guess my birdies will be going in earlier tonight, as its quite dark here, and it also looks like its about to rain, so will end now and go prepare my hogs food dishes.
This is my Chippy, he's sitting on the peg outside his cage at this moment chattering away, he is the best talking budgie I've ever had, and is very comical.
The Marsh or Willow Tit - anyone any opinions? This is the picture from last year, but its still the same bird (or a very close relative)
Comments:
<< Home
lol Jan, it was so funny reading about the piggies in the rain, its always the same, you just get nice and cosy, then down come the rain, but the good thing is, its going to make the plant s grow. Loved the pic of Chippy.
Post a Comment
<< Home
