11 May 2006
Is someone trying to tell me something????(Part 2)
Another beautiful hot, sunny day. I decided to do some washing. No sooner had the last spin finished, a black cloud appeared and blocked out the sun! No worries, it soon passed over, but there were a few around. So I decided that I would do a quick dash at Morrisons, but make it a trip out and take Emma to Green Castle woods again, to see if the bluebells were out.
I took a picnic lunch, which we ate as soon as we got there, and then headed off for the walk. Took a few more pictures, the bluebells were out, as were some campion which are very pretty. Emma was very hot and panting a lot so I took it steady. Mind you up the slope it was quite easy to take it steady, the extra weight I have put on this year certainly is telling on my stamina.
Anyhow, very nice walk, lots of loud claps of thunder though. Went to Morrisons, left all four windows open as far as I dare, and parked in the shade under a tree, and bought just the basics, whizzed round and out in about 15 minutes I think, bought lots of salad stuff (I've had jacket spud and salad three nights running now, yum) Drove out of Carmarthen and got about halfway home and the sky was black, the roads were wet - yes it had poured with rain, yet none two miles down the road, weird or what. So I came home to 8 soaking wet sweatshirts and t-shirts, plus undies all wetter than when I put them out. It was pointless bringing them in as the heating is off and I hate having wet washing hanging about indoors, this place is so small. But now the good news - it all cleared, the sun came out again about 4.30 and its now a fabulous sunny and warm evening, and it all dried good enough to hang up and put away. :o) I've always had this bad luck with the weather, mum always laughs and remembers when I was taxi driving, I used to have Wednesdays off, and you could guarantee that six days a week were fine and sunny, but Wednesdays it would always piss down with rain. Then I changed shifts, and had Tuesdays off instead, but I wasn't able to fool him up there, it then used to piss down on Tuesdays instead. I'm like that character in the cartoon The Perishers, which I used to read avidly when I was younger, in the Daily Mirror. Marlon, I think it is, always had a black cloud over his head, raining on him wherever he went! Another one from that used to crack me up - Dirty McSquirty, a smelly boy who had a cloud of flies following him, haha!
I am definitely going to come off the antidepressants, I have already cut back down to two tablets instead of three, will do this for a couple more nights, then I'm going down to one, and then off. I was reading the list of side effects today, and I now realise that they definitely are not agreeing with me, apart from not doing what they are supposed to do. I have put on about 4 lbs in weight in the month I've been on them, and am not eating any more than normal. Now I know that doesn't seem a lot, but when I am now about 9 lbs heavier than I was this time last year, its making me even more depressed that all the jeans that I had discarded because they were too big, are now too small, they are killing me round the waist and hips, and it just won't do. I need to do something about it now before it gets out of hand, I am a stone heavier than I want to be. :-(
I was just flicking round to see what's on tv, I want to see the Ray Winstone new football thing at 9 oclock, but I have struck oil and found Russell Watson on ITV3. I fell in love with him on that celebrity singing thingy, and I was going to buy an album of his, (or at least download some tracks *cough* ) and never got round to it. Mum loves him too, so I am recording it and will run her off a video, so far it's brilliant, just a shame its ITV and bloody adverts, have to keep grabbing the remote and trying to cut them out. It's quite an old concert I think the guy said at the beginning it was 2000 and its from Adelaide, outdoors. I love a bit of opera, I guess its in my top three of types of music I like to listen too. I like Il Divo, I bought their first album. If I could have done anything in my life (like be granted a wish) I would have loved to have been an opera singer. I weep buckets at listening to anything by Puccini. I have a brilliant Maria Callas album and enjoy the usual Three Tenors stuff too. I'd love to go to a concert and hear them live, I don't particularly think I would enjoy a whole opera though, just the popular lighter stuff really.
Well time to post some piccies from today. I don't know when I'm going to shut in the birds and clear up tonight, cos this Russell thing goes on until the football thing starts. It's a pain the time it gets dark at this time of year, well awkward, I've always been stuffed like that, when we used to keep lots of chickens, could never go out of an evening in the summer because of shutting them in safe, time they went in, it was too late to go out!
I'll have to try with the pictures later, it wont have it again. I'm getting fed up with this blogger, I may look at using a different one before long I think. It takes for ever to apparently load the picture, and then it's not there, not bloody funny when you want to do about 6 or more. I have tried 5 times now, sodding thing.
Hot dog
Bluebells, the aroma was lovely


Emma just loves to pose.

View across the valley from the top of the walk
I took a picnic lunch, which we ate as soon as we got there, and then headed off for the walk. Took a few more pictures, the bluebells were out, as were some campion which are very pretty. Emma was very hot and panting a lot so I took it steady. Mind you up the slope it was quite easy to take it steady, the extra weight I have put on this year certainly is telling on my stamina.
Anyhow, very nice walk, lots of loud claps of thunder though. Went to Morrisons, left all four windows open as far as I dare, and parked in the shade under a tree, and bought just the basics, whizzed round and out in about 15 minutes I think, bought lots of salad stuff (I've had jacket spud and salad three nights running now, yum) Drove out of Carmarthen and got about halfway home and the sky was black, the roads were wet - yes it had poured with rain, yet none two miles down the road, weird or what. So I came home to 8 soaking wet sweatshirts and t-shirts, plus undies all wetter than when I put them out. It was pointless bringing them in as the heating is off and I hate having wet washing hanging about indoors, this place is so small. But now the good news - it all cleared, the sun came out again about 4.30 and its now a fabulous sunny and warm evening, and it all dried good enough to hang up and put away. :o) I've always had this bad luck with the weather, mum always laughs and remembers when I was taxi driving, I used to have Wednesdays off, and you could guarantee that six days a week were fine and sunny, but Wednesdays it would always piss down with rain. Then I changed shifts, and had Tuesdays off instead, but I wasn't able to fool him up there, it then used to piss down on Tuesdays instead. I'm like that character in the cartoon The Perishers, which I used to read avidly when I was younger, in the Daily Mirror. Marlon, I think it is, always had a black cloud over his head, raining on him wherever he went! Another one from that used to crack me up - Dirty McSquirty, a smelly boy who had a cloud of flies following him, haha!
I am definitely going to come off the antidepressants, I have already cut back down to two tablets instead of three, will do this for a couple more nights, then I'm going down to one, and then off. I was reading the list of side effects today, and I now realise that they definitely are not agreeing with me, apart from not doing what they are supposed to do. I have put on about 4 lbs in weight in the month I've been on them, and am not eating any more than normal. Now I know that doesn't seem a lot, but when I am now about 9 lbs heavier than I was this time last year, its making me even more depressed that all the jeans that I had discarded because they were too big, are now too small, they are killing me round the waist and hips, and it just won't do. I need to do something about it now before it gets out of hand, I am a stone heavier than I want to be. :-(
I was just flicking round to see what's on tv, I want to see the Ray Winstone new football thing at 9 oclock, but I have struck oil and found Russell Watson on ITV3. I fell in love with him on that celebrity singing thingy, and I was going to buy an album of his, (or at least download some tracks *cough* ) and never got round to it. Mum loves him too, so I am recording it and will run her off a video, so far it's brilliant, just a shame its ITV and bloody adverts, have to keep grabbing the remote and trying to cut them out. It's quite an old concert I think the guy said at the beginning it was 2000 and its from Adelaide, outdoors. I love a bit of opera, I guess its in my top three of types of music I like to listen too. I like Il Divo, I bought their first album. If I could have done anything in my life (like be granted a wish) I would have loved to have been an opera singer. I weep buckets at listening to anything by Puccini. I have a brilliant Maria Callas album and enjoy the usual Three Tenors stuff too. I'd love to go to a concert and hear them live, I don't particularly think I would enjoy a whole opera though, just the popular lighter stuff really.
Well time to post some piccies from today. I don't know when I'm going to shut in the birds and clear up tonight, cos this Russell thing goes on until the football thing starts. It's a pain the time it gets dark at this time of year, well awkward, I've always been stuffed like that, when we used to keep lots of chickens, could never go out of an evening in the summer because of shutting them in safe, time they went in, it was too late to go out!
I'll have to try with the pictures later, it wont have it again. I'm getting fed up with this blogger, I may look at using a different one before long I think. It takes for ever to apparently load the picture, and then it's not there, not bloody funny when you want to do about 6 or more. I have tried 5 times now, sodding thing.
Hot dog
Bluebells, the aroma was lovely

Emma just loves to pose.
View across the valley from the top of the walk