15 May 2006
Saturday the 13th - Dayus Horribilus....
Well just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, they sure did today. After my weekend from hell, details of which I can't be arsed to go into in great detail, suffice to say West Ham lost in the cup final, a farmer ripped down all the trees and bushes along my boundary and left me exposed to the elements and prying eyes, and not at all what was told to me by the council, which was supposed to be a laid-down hedge, instead he has just thinned it all out, and still left the thirty feet height which blots out all the sun, and fills my garden with dead leaves by the skip load in the autumn, and worst of all, my little hamster Maisie is on her last days I think, she hasn't moved out of her nest for days, and has hardly eaten a thing, only one or two bits of apple and a bean when I handed it to her. :-(
So today I wake up with one of my bad heads from hell. I am getting these more and more often now, probably at least once a week. Some of them are worse than others. Sometimes, I can take a migraine pill, and it will go away without trace. Sometimes, I need to follow up with a paracetemol Xtra after a couple of hours, and I feel okay. Today was a medium one, where it doesn't go away, and I feel very sick, ache all over, have a sore throat and an upset stomach. The worst ones are the Category 3, when I have all of the above, and I can't do anything at all, cannot even stand up, spend half the day on the loo actually being sick, sweat profusely, followed by shuddering with cold, and it lasts a couple of days, during which time I can't keep anything down, and manage to lose about 4lbs in weight (every cloud has a silver lining...) At these times, I feel like I am dying, and end up wishing I could. So as I said, today was the medium one. I managed to do my birds, clean out the guinea pigs but then had to take to my bed for the afternoon. I thought I may feel better if I had something to eat, but I opened the fridge at lunchtime, and one look at the contents made me instantly heave, so gave up on the idea. Poor Emma hasn't had a walk today, but she doesn't seem bothered, that's the one advantage with this breed of dog, they are happy to walk 5 miles with you, or just as happy to be asleep on your lap.
Today the weather has been attrocious too, it has been raining and misty virtually all day, and turned cold again. The house is freezing, I have had to put the electric heater on in the living room and the oil filled rad in the kitchen just to try and get a bit of warmth in here. That's the trouble with these sodding electric storage heaters I am lumbered with. You have to have them on between midnight and 7 am to charge up, when the economy 7 is on. I have had them turned off for about a week now as it's been warm enough, but of course when it turns cold overnight, you are stuffed. Its better to have them on and open the windows to let it out I suppose, but they cost a bloody fortune to run, I was spending over £20 a week during the winter, its down to about £7 since I turned them off. :-( Have switched them on to come on tonight though, so can guarantee it will turn hot again I suppose, although the forecast isn't good for the rest of the week. Something to really look forward to. So today has been one of my not speaking to a living soul days, I have only been outside about 4 times to do the bird feeders and let out the chickens and shut them back in tonight.
Oh of course, because I had a bad head, the farmer was working with his JCB and caterpillar tractor thing right by my garden for a good hour earlier as I was laying on my death bed.
So today I wake up with one of my bad heads from hell. I am getting these more and more often now, probably at least once a week. Some of them are worse than others. Sometimes, I can take a migraine pill, and it will go away without trace. Sometimes, I need to follow up with a paracetemol Xtra after a couple of hours, and I feel okay. Today was a medium one, where it doesn't go away, and I feel very sick, ache all over, have a sore throat and an upset stomach. The worst ones are the Category 3, when I have all of the above, and I can't do anything at all, cannot even stand up, spend half the day on the loo actually being sick, sweat profusely, followed by shuddering with cold, and it lasts a couple of days, during which time I can't keep anything down, and manage to lose about 4lbs in weight (every cloud has a silver lining...) At these times, I feel like I am dying, and end up wishing I could. So as I said, today was the medium one. I managed to do my birds, clean out the guinea pigs but then had to take to my bed for the afternoon. I thought I may feel better if I had something to eat, but I opened the fridge at lunchtime, and one look at the contents made me instantly heave, so gave up on the idea. Poor Emma hasn't had a walk today, but she doesn't seem bothered, that's the one advantage with this breed of dog, they are happy to walk 5 miles with you, or just as happy to be asleep on your lap.
Today the weather has been attrocious too, it has been raining and misty virtually all day, and turned cold again. The house is freezing, I have had to put the electric heater on in the living room and the oil filled rad in the kitchen just to try and get a bit of warmth in here. That's the trouble with these sodding electric storage heaters I am lumbered with. You have to have them on between midnight and 7 am to charge up, when the economy 7 is on. I have had them turned off for about a week now as it's been warm enough, but of course when it turns cold overnight, you are stuffed. Its better to have them on and open the windows to let it out I suppose, but they cost a bloody fortune to run, I was spending over £20 a week during the winter, its down to about £7 since I turned them off. :-( Have switched them on to come on tonight though, so can guarantee it will turn hot again I suppose, although the forecast isn't good for the rest of the week. Something to really look forward to. So today has been one of my not speaking to a living soul days, I have only been outside about 4 times to do the bird feeders and let out the chickens and shut them back in tonight.
Oh of course, because I had a bad head, the farmer was working with his JCB and caterpillar tractor thing right by my garden for a good hour earlier as I was laying on my death bed.
Comments:
<< Home
Ah Jan I too suffer with bad heads, normally as I dont wear my glasses enough, but there is nothing more disabiliting when you have a bad one
Post a Comment
<< Home
