06 June 2006

666

The date today, the 6th of the 6th of the 6th. Creepy. I pity any babies born today. I wonder if anyone will dare to call a son born today Damien? (cue music from The Omen ...... )

Hmm well so much to catch up with, not sure where to start. I have had a really great time this past five days, and as anticipated, I am now feeling a bit down in the dumps. However, if the weather stays hot and sunny as forecast, then that will definitely help.

It was just like old times with Sandi, I shared a house with her for 7 years and we got on so well then, and it was so comfortable again, I haven't laughed so much in years either. We have a great deal in common, similar tastes in so many things, including our sense of humour!

I want to remember this past five days but on the other hand if I were to go into all the details of everything we have done, today's blog would be about an hour's reading I think, so will just mention some of the things we did.

Thursday went down the chippy for our evening meal and had nice Scampi and chips.

Friday we went to Cei Bach beach, having parked in Llanina woods and taken the path through to the woods to the beach. This is an interesting area with lots of ruins of old buildings amongst the woods, and pathways alongside the river. You can go to the top of the woods and there is a picnic area at the top, but we went in the opposite direction to go to the beach (link -http://www.newquay-westwales.co.uk/ruins.htm ) Unfortunately, the tide was quite a way in, but we managed to walk a fair old way along picking our way along amongst the pebbles and sand. Then we drove on to Aberaeron for lunch at Hive on the Quay, and had a wonderful salad, followed by the yummiest ice cream in the whole world, which has honey in it. I had a vanilla whippy type, Sandi a scoop of coffee flavour, but which still has honey in it. Then we had another walk along the shore toward Llanon, before heading back. Emma very knackered, not only with the walking but the time she had been awake!

On Saturday, we went to Cilgerran and I showed Sandi the Teifi walk after having called into the Pet Foods warehouse to get some sunflower hearts, and we bought a box of 100 fatballs to split between us. She has to pay a lot more for hers up her way. Then we did a spot of birding at the Teifi Marshes Nature Reserve. We walked all the trails, and had a lovely lunch again sat outside at the picnic tables. I was gutted to find that the Wicker Otter was gone! Sandi asked why and it was apparently because the head fell off! Such a shame as I had told her about this lovely structure and then it was gone! At least she saw the pictures though. I think we walked at least 5 miles, spotted a few birds but nothing too rare, but at least saw the Water Buffalo this time.

Sunday we went to Penbryn. Found out this is now a dog ban beach, it is National Trust run, and never had been before, so we walked down through the woods with the intention of just taking a look at the sea and then back up the road. However, when we got there, other people had dogs so we chanced it. We walked and waded and had a good old paddle for about half a mile or so, the sea was really warm. We found a huge washed up jelly fish, actually, we had seen a few on Friday at the other beaches, but only small ones. Sandi wanted to pick it up, and did! Weighed a ton apparently. After, we drove back to New Quay and had the wonderful fish and chips which is guaranteed skinless and boneless, and is without doubt the best I have ever tasted anywhere. We sat on the beach and ate these.

Monday we went to Dan yr Ogof caves, and had the most fantastic day out, it's about an hour and a quarter drive from here, and I had been before 4 years ago, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless, its a super day out for adults and kids, but we had a lot of the caves to ourselves, great time of the year to do touristy things, when the kids are in school.

Today the last day, we just went to Newcastle Emlyn for a short walk, and then had lunch sat outside again, before Sandi had to leave at around 2.30 as she was meeting a friend at Aylesbury tonight for a meal.

I took about 80 pictures for her as she hasn't yet got a digital camera, and put these onto cd for her, and also lots of mine that I already had of the places we visited.

The weather has been bloody fantastic. I can't remember the last time we had 8 consecutive days of non-stop, virtually unbroken sunshine, blue skies, and pleasantly warm, not scorching hot, but just wonderful. We have this forecast till the weekend at least. We sat in the porch every night eating our evening meals and chatting till around 9 pm, then normally watched a bit of tv or messed around on the computers. Sadly for some unknown reason, Sandi couldn't get a wireless signal on her new laptop which was a shame, but she did have a go on mine to look at a couple of her favourite websites, but other than that, I have hardly touched mine, except we have had the cam running each night to see if Snuffles turns up. He has been playing about. He has come two nights out of the five, and was asleep in his box when I looked today, but he hadn't been back there for a couple of nights. However, he is obviously okay and has found another nest. It has got very hot in his box and I guess he has looked for somewhere a bit cooler maybe.

Well I think that's about all, except that little Emma has had lots of walks, and is very exhausted. She also hurt her leg or paw somewhere and is limping a bit. If it doesn't improve after a couple of days rest, I shall take her to the vets, but I think she may have twisted it so there wont be anything that can be done. We have checked her paw and there is nothing wrong with it.

I'm going to post as many pictures as I can anyhow, because the Dan yr Ogof caves were brilliant, the link to this is http://www.showcaves.co.uk/pages/showcaves.asp

So back to reality now, to my boring little life doing the same old things day in day out, but at least something to look forward to I hope, as Sandi loved it and will be making a habit of visiting (well she'd better!)

Looks like the pictures won't load again. I will have to find another place to put them I think as links, because this blog is becoming a complete pain in the arse for posting pictures. This was the whole point of doing a blog so that I could put my pictures on a website somewhere, as I don't have the technical ability to do my own proper website, although I have lots of empty space with my isp. Oh well will try again tomorrow, its going to take ages anyway to do just the caves ones, let alone the others.

Comments:
Never mind the date! Lots of other people have worried about it, you just concentrate on posting the pics. So glad you and Sandi enjoyed yourselves! I can smell the fish and chips, quite hungry now!
 
Oh jan I really enjoyed your blog, so good to hear you sound so happy to. My trip to wales was lovely and sunny I even got sunburnt! If I can find a hog sitter I will venture that way again, as I truely had a lovely time....looking forward to those photos, oh btw havnt sent your cd;s back as yet as I havnt recorded them yet...but im on it :)
 
At last I can get back on here, something was wrong with blogger last night and I could neither post pictures or even get to read these comments. Im getting sick of this thing! Nic, don't worry about the cds, you can keep them if you want, or else just return them sometime, I'm recording all the episodes from tv now anyway, and I dont need two copies of everything. I shall try and get some pictures up soon, but must get on today, where were you all last night btw - first time I've logged into chat for ages, and Snuffycam was up and running and he duly obliged, and you were all awol!
 
sowwwwy jan!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++