14 June 2006
Fields of Gold
Two blogs in one day, I know how to enjoy myself.
I sat in bed far too long this morning watching the birds on the cam, coming to feed on the dish in the porch that has Snuffs dry food in. I am fascinated by the variety that will come so close to the front door without fear. There were two magpies, a robin, blackbird and a pair of blue tits. The great thing about this is I can see them on the cam, and then when they fly off, they can be seen out of my window going in whichever direction with their goodies. I would guess the blue tits were feeding youngsters somewhere, they must have been up on the gutter or the roof I think, they were non-stop. Isn't modern technology fantastic? I can't imagine life without my laptop and now the webcam too.
I pottered in the garden this morning, having a whale of a time with the secateurs, pruning (I know its the wrong time of the year, but the lilac was taking over the garden) removing stinging nettles galore and trimming up along the bank. Things that I couldn't do last week cos it was too hot. Although it's bright and sunny and blue skies, it has that cold wind back again like we had a couple of weeks back. So it was sweatshirt weather, and gardening gloves on. Still managed to sting my arm three times, why do those things hurt so much!
This afternoon, tried to get interested in Spain v somebody in the footie, but gave up and took Emma down to the river that I love, with the walk across the three fields. I think I should have named this blog Travels with my Emma, rather than camera, as most of the photos I take have her in it somewhere!
The fields are golden with buttercups, I saw this last week, and took the camera hoping that they would still be in full bloom. I also had a close encounter with a bird of prey, which I have posted about on BBF, not sure if it was a Kestrel, but probably more likely a Sparrowhawk, just wasn't sure whether they flew back and forth getting insects? Or hovered? Anyhow, no doubt some smart arse will know!
Emma had a lovely time in the water as usual, she didn't lay down this time though! She does amuse me so much though, the way she loves to pose, how can a dog know about posing? Sometimes, I don't want her to pose, I want her doing whatever she was doing, not sitting down and looking pretty for the camera, lol!
Snuffs has gone awol again, I'm still worried the mower may be scaring him, I think it's the third time he has not gone back to his box the night after I have mown the grass. Still, he always comes back. Got quite a few shots of him feeding on the cam last night too, he's looking great. Itsy (well presumably Itsy) fed from the dish out the back last night, I suppose there's always a chance that it's Snuffs going roung there. The other night setting up the cam to see was a waste of time, no sign of either of them by 1.30 am!
Oh well, will post the piccies and get on with the tea. Now, what shall I have...... oooh I know, salad! (This will be the 12th night out of the last 14, hee hee. I love the stuff. :o) )












I sat in bed far too long this morning watching the birds on the cam, coming to feed on the dish in the porch that has Snuffs dry food in. I am fascinated by the variety that will come so close to the front door without fear. There were two magpies, a robin, blackbird and a pair of blue tits. The great thing about this is I can see them on the cam, and then when they fly off, they can be seen out of my window going in whichever direction with their goodies. I would guess the blue tits were feeding youngsters somewhere, they must have been up on the gutter or the roof I think, they were non-stop. Isn't modern technology fantastic? I can't imagine life without my laptop and now the webcam too.
I pottered in the garden this morning, having a whale of a time with the secateurs, pruning (I know its the wrong time of the year, but the lilac was taking over the garden) removing stinging nettles galore and trimming up along the bank. Things that I couldn't do last week cos it was too hot. Although it's bright and sunny and blue skies, it has that cold wind back again like we had a couple of weeks back. So it was sweatshirt weather, and gardening gloves on. Still managed to sting my arm three times, why do those things hurt so much!
This afternoon, tried to get interested in Spain v somebody in the footie, but gave up and took Emma down to the river that I love, with the walk across the three fields. I think I should have named this blog Travels with my Emma, rather than camera, as most of the photos I take have her in it somewhere!
The fields are golden with buttercups, I saw this last week, and took the camera hoping that they would still be in full bloom. I also had a close encounter with a bird of prey, which I have posted about on BBF, not sure if it was a Kestrel, but probably more likely a Sparrowhawk, just wasn't sure whether they flew back and forth getting insects? Or hovered? Anyhow, no doubt some smart arse will know!
Emma had a lovely time in the water as usual, she didn't lay down this time though! She does amuse me so much though, the way she loves to pose, how can a dog know about posing? Sometimes, I don't want her to pose, I want her doing whatever she was doing, not sitting down and looking pretty for the camera, lol!
Snuffs has gone awol again, I'm still worried the mower may be scaring him, I think it's the third time he has not gone back to his box the night after I have mown the grass. Still, he always comes back. Got quite a few shots of him feeding on the cam last night too, he's looking great. Itsy (well presumably Itsy) fed from the dish out the back last night, I suppose there's always a chance that it's Snuffs going roung there. The other night setting up the cam to see was a waste of time, no sign of either of them by 1.30 am!
Oh well, will post the piccies and get on with the tea. Now, what shall I have...... oooh I know, salad! (This will be the 12th night out of the last 14, hee hee. I love the stuff. :o) )












Comments:
<< Home
It could be the grass cutting that hoggy does nt like Jan, I remember mine would nt come for a while, and I would go through all the reason s I could think of, and it often happened when next door cut their grass, think they like the cover it gives them to walk through, well just a thought.
Post a Comment
<< Home
