01 June 2006

The first day of June

Don't know what to call today's post so will revert to the boring old date thingy. Don't also know what to write about really, but thought I'd best do it now, before I get stuck into the cleaning, as I'm not sure when or if I will be doing this for a few days, due to my mate coming to stay today. She's due to arrive sometime this afternoon, and I shall give her a ring in a minute just to confirm everything, and last minute directions.

I haven't been anywhere only the park in Llandysul with Emma or Newcastle Emlyn castle walk on Monday, I have been busy here getting the garden sorted, planting out my bedding plants into tubs and my runner beans (what there was of them - only 7 plants out of 12 came up, and one of them is now about 2 feet high and the rest are still midgets) Then yesterday, the son of next door neighbour (who is a postman) kindly informed me that there was a heavy frost at 4 oclock in the morning when he got up, and we are due another one. Cheers mate. So last night, I was creeping around the garden at nearly midnight putting carrier bags over my newly planted out geraniums! I wasn't going to bother, thought sod it earlier, they can take their chances, but then relented. The runner beans are round the back though right up the top by my aviary, and no way was I going up there last night in the dark, but thankfully, they survived the trauma of being turned out of their pots and the snug and cosy warmth of the greenhouse. To be honest, I don't know why I bother, because I only do a couple of plates full a year for myself, although I love them, I just cant be bothered with the de-stringing, slicing, cooking, boiling over all on the cooker and the washing up after! I mainly do them for the guinea pigs to eat!

I woke up at 5.30 this morning, and couldn't get back to sleep, so by the time Sandi arrives, I shall be knackered, and no doubt we will be having a late night with catching up, and doing stuff with the laptops (she's just got herself one) I'm really looking forward to her coming, but part of me isn't, if you can understand, because I know what I shall be like when she's gone, really down in the dumps. It's one of the reasons why I'm not bothered about going on holiday. I can never take the "back to reality" feeling when it's all over. The highs of the holiday aren't worth the lows after for me. I know when I was with Barry, and his brother and sister-in-law used to come and stay for a week or so, we had such a good time, that when they went home, we used to just look at each other and we were so fed up because it had been like we were on holiday ourselves, and then we were back to the normal mundane existence. I suppose it means I should get a more interesting life, easier said than done.

I got most of my jobs done, but haven't hoovered out the car, but to hell with it, I changed the covers for clean ones! I did the garden, cleaned out my aviary, chickens, guinea pigs and budgie on Tuesday morning, so not too bad.

Snuffles has gone awol again - didn't come for any food at all last night. I had the cam on till I went to bed at 12-ish, got up for a wee at 2.30 and looked and again at 5.30 before the birds had started on the dish, and nothing had been touched. Oh well I shall try not to worry now, hopefully he is fine. Itsy didn't come the night before last, but this morning the dish is minus the peanuts but little else, so he/she is getting picky too. Hope this means theres loads of proper food around. I don't mind really, because it's saving me a bit of money.

We have some lovely weather forecast for the next few days, so hopefully we will get in a lot of nice sight seeing and walking, the sky has cleared now, and it's beautiful out there, so I'd best eat my branflakes now and get my arse out of bed. I'm hoping Sandi won't mind if I still watch some of my telly progs though, I think she'll be okay with Springwatch, but not sure about Deal or No Deal, or Celeb X Factor. I may miss Springwatch tonight though because we are going to eat out at the local chippy, big treat!

Comments:
I haven't managed to catch a single episode of Springwatch yet, and I'll miss it tonight and tomorrow night as well (damned social life!)

Shame really, I wanted to see it. :(
 
Jan I hope you have a lovely few days with Sandi. I am sure she won't mind you watching your programmes, she might even enjoy them too.

You can always tape Springwatch and save it for later. Enjoy your chips!
 
hope you have a lovely few days jan, ta for discs btw, will record and send back to you...erm im not great at remembering so if I havnt by next weds please keep remindig me xx
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++