28 June 2006

Flowers

Woo hoo, the summer has returned. Salad for tea again, sat in my chair in the porch! The only downer on that is that 12 hours on, that poor cow is still calling for its calf up on the hill. It's been joined by more now, there are at least three or four of them constantly lowing and bellowing. They are inside a barn, it's echoing, they're definitely not out in the meadow. Heartbreaking. Much as I love living in the countryside, surrounded by beautiful scenery, with my sensitivity and the way I get upset at things to do with animals and birds, I really would probably be better off living in a flat in the centre of a town, where I wouldn't have much contact with any of it.

Haven't done a lot, only what I mentioned earlier, took Emma round the park in Carmarthen, then on to Wyevales and bought a few bits, then to Morrisons, bought salad!

Got waylayed by a salesman in Morrisons and have got talked into signing up to British Gas for my electric, which is good, he guarantees it will be cheaper than Swalec, and I can change my mind within 2 weeks with no hassle if I want. Yeah right. But anyhow, I'd been thinking of dumping Swalec anyway, I can't tolerate paying £21 a week or thereabouts for my electricity for about 8 months of the year, bloody ridiculous for a one bedroom bungalow, and it is never what you'd call hot in here. Three economy 7 storage heaters cost around £2.50 a night to run, and by the time the next evening comes, it's freezing in here.

I also got talked into changing the telephone supply to TalkTalk (apparently) they are offering a slightly lower rental than BT, plus free calls plus free Broadband for Life. Hmmm. What he didn't mention was the words One Tel. Once I got home and read through the brochure and saw that, there is no way I shall be taking that on. He said Talk Talk, not One Tel. I used to have them as my isp and I wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole. If you get a problem, you get put through to an Indian call centre, with a very lovely and helpful operator called Michael or something, but who cannot understand English, and cannot hardly speak it either. No thanks. I had terrible trouble cancelling with them too, they kept taking too much money from my account, like the monthly payment twice, and then try and get it back. Sod off. I shall be sending the slip back poste haste on that saying no thank you. I hardly make any phone calls anyway, and I can't see anything in the leaflet about free broadband.

Came home and saw Henman playing like a donkey and getting well and truly walloped by Roger Federer. No surprise there then. Oh, but of course, he has been injured (what a worn out excuse that is) Thank god won't have to suffer Henmania anymore this year.

Just taken a few pictures of some of the gorgeous flowering plants I have now in full bloom, courtesy of Morrisons again. The hanging basket with the pink petunias was the best £4.99 I've spent in a long time, it has turned out so colourful and smells gorgeous by my front door. And the beautiful lily is now out, and that was only £2.99. I bought another hanging basket with mauve petunias today, reduced by 50p (big deal) I don't hold out much hope on it's revival though, but I felt sorry for them, there were loads in there, all dry and neglected. This one I have drenched with water, dead-headed and replaced some compost but it's still very limp. :(

Oh well, time to wash up,and do the hoggies food. Hope that Snuffs turns up tonight, else I shall be very distraught, he's never been missing for two nights before. Oh, the injured collared dove is still here. She was laying under the hollybush by the back window just before I went out this morning, and managed to drag herself along out of my reach and then take off. I've just seen her again on the table outside the kitchen window, she's in a bad way, and I don't hold out a lot of hope of her survival, poor thing. She is a sitting target, can't move very fast and is obviously in a lot of pain, but as soon as she saw me, she managed to fly off again. I think something has got her already, her feathers are very ruffled. She is managing to drag herself along using her left foot by the look of it, and her right wing. She's obviously broken or severed her right leg, can't see though because she is laying on her belly most of the time, and then the wing is covering it. Poor bloody thing. :(











Comments:
Ooo Jan pretty flowers, lovely colours.

Awww shame about the collared dove, would it be possible to throw something over it to catch it. It obviously needs either treatment or putting out of its misery. You get all the heartache don't you?

Big hug
 
Lovely flowers jan, I often think about getting some hanging baskets, but think is where I get too!

Shame about the cd, boo had a good idea, maybe some netting to stop it flying away so you can get some help for the poor thing.

OOOOOO your word verification says bumuk!!!!! How rude!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++