14 June 2006
How can you hate a dustbin????
I read on Pete's blog yesterday about things that wind people up, that make their blood boil. Well all of those mentioned do it for me to, with perhaps the exception of Americanisms, I can live with them, in fact, most of them are very sensible. There are lots of things that make me mad, but around the home, there is one that is guaranteed to have me losing my rag and that is one of my bloody dustbins. I actually have 5 dustbins, three of which are used for storage of bird foods, two for the purpose for which they are designed, ie, rubbish. I have one by the back door, and one round by the kitchen window because that's where my bird feeding area is and it's easier to sweep and shovel direct into the bin there. Now forgive me if I am wrong, but normally when you go to a dustbin, you have something in your hands to put in same? So why have they invented a dustbin with a lid that fits so sodding tight that you need two hands to remove the bloody thing????? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Every time, I grit my teeth, and have to put down whatever it is that I'm going to chuck in and grip the bin with my leg, or squash it against the wall, and rip the lid off. I could cheerfully put an axe through it, I really could. I've already swapped this with the one that I use most because I could take no more. One of these days, I will buy a replacement, but knowing me, I will still not throw this one away, I'll just find another use for it, and still get wound up.
I was freezing in here last night. I don't know if it's because I haven't eaten a hot meal in over 10 days, had nothing but salad, (although have been having hot new potatoes with it) I was so cold, I had two sweatshirts on, and had a cup of hot chocolate mid evening to try and warm up. I also put my electric fire on for about an hour to try and take the chill off. I woke up at 5 am this morning, and it was still freezing, the first night I've slept with the bedroom window shut too for about 3 weeks. I went and put the hall storage heater on full blast, so it had about 2 and a half hours' charge before the economy 7 went off, but it's still damn cold in here. Please come back soon summer, or at least the sunshine, it's the only time this place gets warm inside if there is full blast sun shining in through the windows all day. Fed up already, I wish I could live somewhere where it is always about 24c and sunny and blue skies and no wind, and it only rained lightly after dark. Dream on.
....... and finally ....
Pinched from Anna's blog (thanks for these Anna, I enjoy them very much, must be some kind of egotistical thing in me that I like answering questions about myself!)
I was freezing in here last night. I don't know if it's because I haven't eaten a hot meal in over 10 days, had nothing but salad, (although have been having hot new potatoes with it) I was so cold, I had two sweatshirts on, and had a cup of hot chocolate mid evening to try and warm up. I also put my electric fire on for about an hour to try and take the chill off. I woke up at 5 am this morning, and it was still freezing, the first night I've slept with the bedroom window shut too for about 3 weeks. I went and put the hall storage heater on full blast, so it had about 2 and a half hours' charge before the economy 7 went off, but it's still damn cold in here. Please come back soon summer, or at least the sunshine, it's the only time this place gets warm inside if there is full blast sun shining in through the windows all day. Fed up already, I wish I could live somewhere where it is always about 24c and sunny and blue skies and no wind, and it only rained lightly after dark. Dream on.
....... and finally ....
Pinched from Anna's blog (thanks for these Anna, I enjoy them very much, must be some kind of egotistical thing in me that I like answering questions about myself!)
You scored as The Ash. In Celtic astrology, you're an Ash. The animal symbol that accompanies this tree is the adder. The ancient Druids say Ash people are wise, quick-witted, curious, outgoing and persuasive. However, Ashes may be prone to nervous energy, irritability and difficulty focusing their mental abilities.
What Tree Are You? (Celtic astrology) created with QuizFarm.com |