30 June 2006
The last day of June already....
Where on earth has this month gone? My second favourite month of the year (May is my first) and it's all but over. It has been wonderful weather-wise though, apart from a couple of glitches.
I was full of enthusiasm for what to put on this blog, but because I didn't have time to do it last night, I have now lost the urge and inspiration. Feeling fed up because it started sunny and blue skies, and now is grey and windy and I hate it.
I suppose now I am here though I may as well do a bit more.
I spent a great day yesterday doing bugger all basically. Laying out in the garden on my sunlounger and enjoying the sunshine. The most energetic things I did was hanging out some washing and chopping peanuts for the hedgehog and squirrel feeder. Oh yeah, woo hoo, saw a baby robin, very nervous, not at all friendly, obviously one of Tic's offspring.
I took Emma for a walk yesterday afternoon down to the river. I didn't take my camera as I've got so many pictures of that place on here, thought it unnecessary. What a stupid mistake. The place was alive with at least 6 different types of butterflies and loads of those beautiful vivid blue damsels. And I found the pygmy shrew. I posted about that on BBF so wont go into detail here, suffice to say I was sad to find it, yet fascinated too, and so keen to have a record that I wrapped it carefully in a piece of clean kitchen roll (which I always have about my person) and brought it home to photograph and then bury. Poor little thing.
Salad in the porch again, which was divine. I wonder if any harm would befall me if I lived constantly on salads? I always have some sort of protein with it, like egg, cheese, fish or quorn products, so I don't see why it wouldn't be a nutricious diet. It certainly fills me up more than the ready meals I've lived on for the past few years. I dont feel the need to keep visiting the larder all night after a mega-salad. With the pasta based meals that I love, I am starving again in about an hour.
Full of guilt for having done bugger all during the day, I got out the push mower and cut the front grass, good exercise, environmentally friendly, and a lot less hassle than going up the top shed, getting out extension leads, emptying grass boxes through the obstacle course to the rubbish dump at the end of the garden etc... Felt proud. Spent another half an hour watering. My new mauve petunia still looks a bit terminal. Very limp. Oh dear.
The only other thing I wanted to put here about yesterday was that whilst I was laying on the sunlounger, I felt the need to blot out the bloody noise emanating from everywhere around, traffic, men working with a kangol or angle grinder I think, typical, dogs barking. So I re-discovered my music with a set of in the ear headphones and my personal cd player.
I have spells where I don't listen to music at all, full stop. I know why too, it's because my main favourite style of music is ballads, all eras of ballads, dating way back when to current, but I nearly always end up in floods of tears for one reason or another. Either the lyrics make me think of things in the past, experiences I have had, or maybe the particular track reminds me of someone or something. It happened again yesterday, and I quickly had to skip a track. I wasn't in the mood for crying really. So I guess I'd better try and stick to other types, even though I am getting on a bit, I really love the dance music, trance I think it's called. I have a couple of cds of that stuff, and I also like things like Moby and Faithless. I made up some cds of favourite stuff last year about the last time I listened to music, so I ran through a lot of those again. The reason for all this is that I am having the cd player that I bought from Halfords fitted into the car this afternoon. I forgot to post about the fiasco of last Saturday. My appointment was for 1 oclock, went down, lad came out, left him to it and took Emma for a walk up the back of Morrisons, came back, to see him locking the car. He couldn't do it because despite their book showing which fascia kit was needed for my car, it was the wrong one, and they have had to order another one in, can't do it till today. Typical of my luck. I have my doubts about this today too, but we shall see. Trust me to have an obscure thing, why can't it be a standard fitting for the hole that radio/cd players fit into cars? Or would that be too simple?
Anyway, I thought I'd list some music that makes me smile, and some that makes me sad. I have a very varied taste in music, and couldn't possibly list all my cds (that would be very boring!) but still....
Nice summery smiley stuff - Maybe - Emma Bunton; The Ketchup Song - Las Ketchup; Take on Me - A-Ha; Almost There - Andy Williams; It's Geting Better - Mama Cass
Stuff that I have to turn off but still love (if that makes sense) Why - Annie Lennox; Separate Lives - Phil Collins; Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy; Thank you For the Years - Shirley Bassey; Even Now - Barry Manilow
Other stuff which I find emotional for no particular personal reason, just makes me choke up - Father & Son by Ronan Keating and Yusef (Cat Stevens) Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart - Marc Almond & Gene Pitney;
That'll do for now I guess. Time to get on and do something, feeding the birds will be a start I suppose. Back to wearing a sweatshirt again today now.
Still no Snuffs. That's four nights he's been gone now, and the other one didn't come last night either. Hopefully the little one will keep coming though, he/she appeared in the porch very late on Wednesday night, managed to get a couple of pics, which I have posted here too.
Mood: Pissed off (sorry, copied from Anna's blog!)


I was full of enthusiasm for what to put on this blog, but because I didn't have time to do it last night, I have now lost the urge and inspiration. Feeling fed up because it started sunny and blue skies, and now is grey and windy and I hate it.
I suppose now I am here though I may as well do a bit more.
I spent a great day yesterday doing bugger all basically. Laying out in the garden on my sunlounger and enjoying the sunshine. The most energetic things I did was hanging out some washing and chopping peanuts for the hedgehog and squirrel feeder. Oh yeah, woo hoo, saw a baby robin, very nervous, not at all friendly, obviously one of Tic's offspring.
I took Emma for a walk yesterday afternoon down to the river. I didn't take my camera as I've got so many pictures of that place on here, thought it unnecessary. What a stupid mistake. The place was alive with at least 6 different types of butterflies and loads of those beautiful vivid blue damsels. And I found the pygmy shrew. I posted about that on BBF so wont go into detail here, suffice to say I was sad to find it, yet fascinated too, and so keen to have a record that I wrapped it carefully in a piece of clean kitchen roll (which I always have about my person) and brought it home to photograph and then bury. Poor little thing.
Salad in the porch again, which was divine. I wonder if any harm would befall me if I lived constantly on salads? I always have some sort of protein with it, like egg, cheese, fish or quorn products, so I don't see why it wouldn't be a nutricious diet. It certainly fills me up more than the ready meals I've lived on for the past few years. I dont feel the need to keep visiting the larder all night after a mega-salad. With the pasta based meals that I love, I am starving again in about an hour.
Full of guilt for having done bugger all during the day, I got out the push mower and cut the front grass, good exercise, environmentally friendly, and a lot less hassle than going up the top shed, getting out extension leads, emptying grass boxes through the obstacle course to the rubbish dump at the end of the garden etc... Felt proud. Spent another half an hour watering. My new mauve petunia still looks a bit terminal. Very limp. Oh dear.
The only other thing I wanted to put here about yesterday was that whilst I was laying on the sunlounger, I felt the need to blot out the bloody noise emanating from everywhere around, traffic, men working with a kangol or angle grinder I think, typical, dogs barking. So I re-discovered my music with a set of in the ear headphones and my personal cd player.
I have spells where I don't listen to music at all, full stop. I know why too, it's because my main favourite style of music is ballads, all eras of ballads, dating way back when to current, but I nearly always end up in floods of tears for one reason or another. Either the lyrics make me think of things in the past, experiences I have had, or maybe the particular track reminds me of someone or something. It happened again yesterday, and I quickly had to skip a track. I wasn't in the mood for crying really. So I guess I'd better try and stick to other types, even though I am getting on a bit, I really love the dance music, trance I think it's called. I have a couple of cds of that stuff, and I also like things like Moby and Faithless. I made up some cds of favourite stuff last year about the last time I listened to music, so I ran through a lot of those again. The reason for all this is that I am having the cd player that I bought from Halfords fitted into the car this afternoon. I forgot to post about the fiasco of last Saturday. My appointment was for 1 oclock, went down, lad came out, left him to it and took Emma for a walk up the back of Morrisons, came back, to see him locking the car. He couldn't do it because despite their book showing which fascia kit was needed for my car, it was the wrong one, and they have had to order another one in, can't do it till today. Typical of my luck. I have my doubts about this today too, but we shall see. Trust me to have an obscure thing, why can't it be a standard fitting for the hole that radio/cd players fit into cars? Or would that be too simple?
Anyway, I thought I'd list some music that makes me smile, and some that makes me sad. I have a very varied taste in music, and couldn't possibly list all my cds (that would be very boring!) but still....
Nice summery smiley stuff - Maybe - Emma Bunton; The Ketchup Song - Las Ketchup; Take on Me - A-Ha; Almost There - Andy Williams; It's Geting Better - Mama Cass
Stuff that I have to turn off but still love (if that makes sense) Why - Annie Lennox; Separate Lives - Phil Collins; Fields of Gold - Eva Cassidy; Thank you For the Years - Shirley Bassey; Even Now - Barry Manilow
Other stuff which I find emotional for no particular personal reason, just makes me choke up - Father & Son by Ronan Keating and Yusef (Cat Stevens) Something's Gotten Hold of My Heart - Marc Almond & Gene Pitney;
That'll do for now I guess. Time to get on and do something, feeding the birds will be a start I suppose. Back to wearing a sweatshirt again today now.
Still no Snuffs. That's four nights he's been gone now, and the other one didn't come last night either. Hopefully the little one will keep coming though, he/she appeared in the porch very late on Wednesday night, managed to get a couple of pics, which I have posted here too.
Mood: Pissed off (sorry, copied from Anna's blog!)


Comments:
<< Home
Awww, poor little pygmy shrew. Glad you posted a pic though, I have never seen one before.
I like the Gene Pitney/Marc Almond version better than the original Gene Pitney version too!
Hope Snuffs turns up tonight.
I like the Gene Pitney/Marc Almond version better than the original Gene Pitney version too!
Hope Snuffs turns up tonight.
Yes poor little shrew, what a waste of a little life.
I like the almost there by Andy Williams, lovely.
Post a Comment
I like the almost there by Andy Williams, lovely.
<< Home
