08 June 2006
Sandi's visit, Day 4 (Dan yr Ogof Showcaves)
Wow, what can I say, already said in the daily blurb. The caves were amazing,the weather was fab, and I really enjoyed the animals and things outside as much as anything (naturally!) Great day. Lots of pictures here, but will try to be selective! (I actually took 87 pictures here alone, thank heavens for digi cameras I say) Instead of posting remarks alongside each picture, I will leave this as there are so many. Just briefly, there are three showcaves, I took a few pictures inside, experimenting with flash and without, some came out okay, have posted the best here. There is also the Prehistoric village, which is to scale and very interesting, and the dinosaur park. After the caves we went to see the Shire Horses, and there are lots of small furries, like Guinea pigs, Gophers, Goats (which are bigger furries) a donkey, geese, muscovy and her chicks,piggies, and the black birds with the red beaks! If anyone knows what they are (my bird book doesn't cover foreigners) please let me know, I'm sure that they aren't just "black swans"
**Useful tip of the day - don't sit in the garden with a laptop on bare legs (I have shorts on, I'm not an exhbitionist!) I now have a bright red mark on my leg, and not from sunburn, but from laptop burn. Ouch!
**Useful tip no. 2. Yesterday because I couldn't post or do bugger all on my blog, I went onto the help forums and discovered I was not alone. I also discovered that someone recommended (and it may be blogger itself) that you use Mozilla firefox for the blog. I downloaded same, a very small quick, free download, and boy does it make a difference. My pictures load in half the time, and three at a time too, much better than IE, Maxthon, Opera, You-Name-It. So if you have problems, give it a go. I am just going to use it for this in future. :o)
























**Useful tip of the day - don't sit in the garden with a laptop on bare legs (I have shorts on, I'm not an exhbitionist!) I now have a bright red mark on my leg, and not from sunburn, but from laptop burn. Ouch!
**Useful tip no. 2. Yesterday because I couldn't post or do bugger all on my blog, I went onto the help forums and discovered I was not alone. I also discovered that someone recommended (and it may be blogger itself) that you use Mozilla firefox for the blog. I downloaded same, a very small quick, free download, and boy does it make a difference. My pictures load in half the time, and three at a time too, much better than IE, Maxthon, Opera, You-Name-It. So if you have problems, give it a go. I am just going to use it for this in future. :o)
























Comments:
<< Home
Hi Jan
really pleased you had a good time.
Lovely pics I'll be touring Wales and Hereford next year, wets or is it whets? the apetite.
Firefox is better than IE. Much faster.
Blogger did have probs with photos though the other day. It was on the log report thingy.
really pleased you had a good time.
Lovely pics I'll be touring Wales and Hereford next year, wets or is it whets? the apetite.
Firefox is better than IE. Much faster.
Blogger did have probs with photos though the other day. It was on the log report thingy.
Jan
the ONE irritation of firefox I've found is that when you review your blog after adding a new post you have to reload the page.
the ONE irritation of firefox I've found is that when you review your blog after adding a new post you have to reload the page.
oh and they are Black Swans.
They are originate from Australia. Were brought in just like say Canada Geese.
Post a Comment
They are originate from Australia. Were brought in just like say Canada Geese.
<< Home
