28 June 2006

Sky+ Day and Cei Bach

Got woken from my slumbers yesterday morning at 7.20 am by the Sky man to say he was on his way! Bloody hell. Mass panic, get up, tidy round, do the birds, put kettle on and he was here. Nice guy but not overly chatty so after I told him the basics, left him to it. He had finished it before 10 oclock! Thankfully it still works in the bedroom, he left my set up exactly as it was, and plugged all my wiring into the new box. Only thing is that I will have to bring the remote control in here now to change channels, whereas I had a spare one of the normal sky type. He also told me that my old box can be wired up to receive freeview if I want. Well, may be useful at some stage if I decide to stop having sky, but at present we can't receive freeview here, and frankly, I doubt we ever will, people in valleys don't stand a lot of chance of getting a signal. I may sell my box and remote, as I have my old one anyway which works okay, its just that the connector had broken off at the back, so I couldn't connect an extra aerial to it to have send the signal into the bedroom. I've not long had the other box, bought from good old eBay for about £30 I think it was. Last night I successfully managed to record the episode of Lost, and made sure I could play it back - woo hoo. Only thing now is I need to find out how to cut out the adverts, and also the recording seems to be set to a timer, rather than the actually start of the programme, as it had about the last 5 minutes of Big Brother on the recording, and hadn't finished at the right time either. Oh well no panic.

After he'd gone, it was so early I thought hell, what am I going to do all day, so I decided on taking Emma to the beach as it was warm and no wind, (and she had no walk at all the day before) Checked the tide table and found it would be okay by the time we got to Cei Bach. Took a few pictures, but it was so overcast that the auto flash was working! Take a look and laugh at this too, a West Wales Beach on a summers day - nothing like fighting your way through crowds of holiday makers!!

After the walk, went into New Quay and had fish and chips and the most delicious ice cream (there's a new shops selling loads of yummy flavours, drool)

Came home and watched the last bit of Henman tennis, hoping he'd lose but no such luck, and also Andrew Murray. Haven't had time to form an opinion of him yet, so am still being patriotic on that front, but he does seem to be a bit of an arrogant prick too, so time will tell. The other "British" (haha excuse me whilst I laugh) player Greg Rusedski lost in the first round, but then he was injured (well isn't he always?) He is British about as much as I am Welsh. I suppose I am being nasty, but its the crowd mania which puts me off these blokes, all the "Henman Hill" etc and hordes of yelling and screaming students, it just puts my back up, and makes me anti just to be different.

Snuffs didn't come by the time I went to bed last night (which was quite early for me, but was knackered due to some bad nights recently) and this morning is the first time in a month that he hasn't been at all for his food, only the second time ever. I am a bit worried to be honest, hope nothing has happened to him, I will be so very upset. I've also got an injured collared dove in the garden, but of course, can't get anywhere near it as yet. I saw it last night, laying on the bird table, and it had an awful job to take off when I approached. It appears to have badly injured one or possibly both legs, and can't stand on them, poor thing. It was in the tree above the bird table this morning, just laying on it's belly. :( Bloody wildlife, gives me so much grief, I have enough of it with my own pets, and now I've encouraged all this stuff here too. I wish I was harder. There's also a cow continually mooing up on the hill, has been for three hours now, breaking my heart, it's because they have taken its calf away. Happens this time every year. I just want to cry for it. I feel such a hypocrite because I don't and won't eat meat, but I still use milk in my coffee and on cereal. I tried the soya kind once, and it's bloody vile.

Oh well, I'd best get and do something now, am going to Morrisons for a few bits today, and Wyevales, so another fun-filled day in store!








Comments:
jvyYAY for Sky Plus, now you will be lording it over us with all the different programmes you can watch. ;)

However did you manage to get onto that beach, all those people, I hate crowds!
 
Fish, I don't know how those characters got in there, ignore the first three!
 
I just noticed the date has bloody re-set again on my camera, every time you change the batteries (which is frequently) it goes back to the same date, so it looks like I took them in January 2005! Mind you, by the state of the pictures, it looks like it was then!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++