09 June 2006

What a boring day.....

I know I am so ungrateful. I should be adoring this weather (well I am really) but I was so bloody bored today. Having one of my days where I look around and think this needs doing, that needs doing, and not being able to summon the enthusiasm or energy to do them, and making excuses, like I can't do that because it's too hot, and I would need to wear lots of thick clothing to do it (applies to sorting out the mess along the bank which is full of holly, brambles and other nasties) or I can't do that because I don't want to be seen out in public in shorts (applies to cleaning the car) or I can't do that because I only did it on Wednesday (applies to cutting the grass - unbelievably, under the shade of the trees, which is a fair bit of my back garden, the grass has grown over two bloody inches in two days!) or I can't do that because it's just too hot (applies to taking Emma for a walk, she loves the heat, but not walking in it)

So I sat on the sun lounger for a while, then got too hot and came indoors, paced around and looked out the front, looked out the kitchen window, went back to the sun lounger..... and this was my day till I decided sod it, and took Emma down the river about 2.30. Fantastic it was too, and not only did she sit in the water, she laid down in it! So funny, it looked like she was swimming. Her ears were flowing with the water. Typical as I didn't take the camera, I have so many pictures already of that place. I didn't want her to get mucky today either as I bathed her yesterday, she was really stinking, I can't remember actually the last time I did it, certainly not since I had my bath put in which was mid February, as I usually do her in the sink. To be honest I think the sink is easier, but it means having the water on, whereas I could use the electric shower in the bathroom, but it killed my back leaning over. I gave her the allergy injection when we got back too, it's amazing that sticking a needle in her has no effect at all, not so much as a flinch, yet look like you are going to tread on a couple of hairs when she is laying on the floor, and she shoots up like a rocket and screams!

I took some pictures of my best lilac bush, it's absolutely smothered in blooms which smell gorgeous at the moment. I have 5 lilacs in the garden. It's such a shame that I have to cut back the two by the kitchen window but they blot all the light out at this time of year, and who wants to have a kitchen light on in the summer? Consequently it means they have about 5 blossoms between them. I also took a photo of Light/Stupid/the Chicken sunbathing, she looked quite cute. I put the guinea pigs out all afternoon again too, they love it out there under the shade of the willow tree. Cleaned out their cage.

I am going to try Itsycam tonight instead of Snuffs. I don't hold out a lot of hope as I think he/she comes very late, into the wee small hours, and the last few nights has eaten very little out of the dish, last night only a few sultanas, and the night before just the peanuts. Despite my worries about Snuffs last night, just laying down in the feeding tunnel (so cute when he let me stroke his little face for ages without flinching away or curling like he normally does, which is what worried me a bit actually) today, he is safe and sound in his box when I looked this morning and had eaten a lot more food.

Oh well, that's the extent of my exciting day, it's been great to be able to sit in the porch yet again tonight and eat my salad (that's eight days on the trot - good job I love salad) I am trying to lose a bit of weight. I have put on about 10lbs since Christmas, I actually looked on last years calendar, and this time last year I was 10st 4lbs, but I want to be 10st exactly really. (I'm 5ft.8in) I'm 10.10 today, which is a loss of 2lbs already this week. I need to exercise a bit more really which would help but just cutting out the cakes and sweets does it for me. I put it on easily, but luckily I can take it off pretty easily too.

Trying desperately to get interested in the world cup - I used to love football so much, but have lost a lot of enthusiasm living in Wales really with no decent team within easy reach to watch and nobody to go with even if I did want to go to matches. It's just not the same watching on tv. I have it on now, but only half looking of course. I shall try and concentrate on the England game tomorrow though.

Time to go and do the watering. I think I overdid it with my tomato plants in the greenhouse though, one of them has keeled over, I think I maybe gave them too much and its rotted the stem. :( Shan't be doing them tonight, the grow bag is sodden!

*Edit Just come back in from doing the watering - hobbling. Serves me right, I don't wear anything on my feet around the place when it's hot. I just stood on a holly leaf, my full 10stone 10lbs of it on the ball of my foot. Shit, you can't believe two pricks can hurt so much. (Don't answer that) Just massaged a load of dettol ointment in it. Sob. :(






















Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++