10 June 2006
What is up with this blogger?
I have changed my profile picture as you may have noticed (or not, if you've never set eyes on this before) It is a pic of me when I was about 6 years old, many, many years ago (well I'll give you a clue, in the 1960s) I look very cute, and very erm young. I had so much hassle changing it, I had given up, now it's decided to work, so I am now editing what I said in the first place about the picture not altering after umpteen attempts. Oh well.
It's blowing a gale here,but very hot and sunny still. The footie on at 2 oclock, but having wandered round the garden a few times and fixed a few things armed with a screwdriver, I have now run out of stuff to do, so am having a hour of doing bugger all again. This dry weather has played havoc with all my wooden things in the garden - I have had to move the padlock clasp on my aviary door, because it's shrunk with the heat and I am fed up with struggling to close it, same goes for the shed, the chicken house door and the egg box pop holes, all had toggles which were no longer toggling. I suppose when it rains and they all swell again, I will have to do it all in reverse.
Talking of which, the forecast isn't too good here for next week, lots of clouds and rain symbols on the weather charts. Feeling depressed already. :(
I bought two apple trees last year, I eat Royal Gala apples like my life depends on it, and thought it would be great to grow my own. I had to buy another type of tree to cross pollenate this, so did so. Now I've just checked, and the other species, whose name now slips my mind, has about 20 peeny little apples forming, and my Royal Gala has sod all! Typical of my luck. I bet the other ones will be vile if they grow big enough to eat.
I've given up with the two window feeders on the living room window. I am sick of picking them and the contents up off the floor. The heat must be drying up the little pads, but apart from that, nothing much is feeding from them anyway. It's a wonder the little house one that I put the sunflower hearts in hasn't broken, its only plastic with a wooden roof, and falls about 4 feet onto concrete when it goes. So I now have about half a jugful of sunflower hearts spread around, I'm sure they will get eaten eventually. I will wait until the winter I think to start that again. Already gave up on the peanut one a couple of weeks back as nothing was touching it. I have one hanging in the cotoneaster right next to it anyway, that is being used a bit. Very quiet for birds at present. Hope this means there is a lot of natural food around. I may try to cut right back on my feeding actually, I do go rather silly with it, and it costs me so much money.
Oh well, time to get a bite to eat before the match, may do a bit more later, and try again tonight with chat and the webcam. I hope I don't keep getting freeze ups again, bit worrying really.
It's blowing a gale here,but very hot and sunny still. The footie on at 2 oclock, but having wandered round the garden a few times and fixed a few things armed with a screwdriver, I have now run out of stuff to do, so am having a hour of doing bugger all again. This dry weather has played havoc with all my wooden things in the garden - I have had to move the padlock clasp on my aviary door, because it's shrunk with the heat and I am fed up with struggling to close it, same goes for the shed, the chicken house door and the egg box pop holes, all had toggles which were no longer toggling. I suppose when it rains and they all swell again, I will have to do it all in reverse.
Talking of which, the forecast isn't too good here for next week, lots of clouds and rain symbols on the weather charts. Feeling depressed already. :(
I bought two apple trees last year, I eat Royal Gala apples like my life depends on it, and thought it would be great to grow my own. I had to buy another type of tree to cross pollenate this, so did so. Now I've just checked, and the other species, whose name now slips my mind, has about 20 peeny little apples forming, and my Royal Gala has sod all! Typical of my luck. I bet the other ones will be vile if they grow big enough to eat.
I've given up with the two window feeders on the living room window. I am sick of picking them and the contents up off the floor. The heat must be drying up the little pads, but apart from that, nothing much is feeding from them anyway. It's a wonder the little house one that I put the sunflower hearts in hasn't broken, its only plastic with a wooden roof, and falls about 4 feet onto concrete when it goes. So I now have about half a jugful of sunflower hearts spread around, I'm sure they will get eaten eventually. I will wait until the winter I think to start that again. Already gave up on the peanut one a couple of weeks back as nothing was touching it. I have one hanging in the cotoneaster right next to it anyway, that is being used a bit. Very quiet for birds at present. Hope this means there is a lot of natural food around. I may try to cut right back on my feeding actually, I do go rather silly with it, and it costs me so much money.
Oh well, time to get a bite to eat before the match, may do a bit more later, and try again tonight with chat and the webcam. I hope I don't keep getting freeze ups again, bit worrying really.
Comments:
<< Home
funny you should say about the wood Jan, Ive just changed the holes on a bolt on the avairy door, I get really fed up if you have to keep pulling it into place.
lol Jan, you buying apple trees, you always see the lovely red apples in your mind, and can t wait to get them growing, and when they arrive, they will have big holes in them, eaten by grubs and birds lol.
my lettuce look lovely, but their full of greenfly
Post a Comment
lol Jan, you buying apple trees, you always see the lovely red apples in your mind, and can t wait to get them growing, and when they arrive, they will have big holes in them, eaten by grubs and birds lol.
my lettuce look lovely, but their full of greenfly
<< Home
