11 July 2006

Cilgerran Castle

Had to go and get bird supplies today, had run out completely of sunflower hearts, and mixed corn, so decided to go to Cilgerran and took a picnic down to the river after. I stopped off at the doctors on the way for my B12 injection. I have to have this every three months, have done for donkeys years now (well at least 20 I think it is) There was a new or different nurse today, very nice, but bugger me, it hurt like hell. I hope I don't get her again. Now it is normally a bit painful, as it has to go into the muscle, but some doctors can do it without me even flinching, and the other nurse can too, what she did, I don't know, but my arm throbbed for about half an hour after, and it hurt right deep into my shoulder too.

Anyway, got some of the stuff I wanted from the pet warehouse, he was out of bird seed and corn, but had some loose stuff which he did me at the price it would be if I had bought the 25 kilo sack which was good of him. I am going through so much at the moment, 25 kilos of mixed corn has lasted less than 2 weeks, and 20 kilos of wild bird seed about the same! The sunflower hearts 16 days! I shall be glad when next month comes and it eases off a bit, the jackdaws disperse, and there is much more natural food around in the way of ripened seeds and berries.

I took Emma up to the castle for a change at Cilgerran, instead of going down the river toward Llechryd. Took a few piccies - mainly of Emma in the river, lol! Water was very low, meant we could get onto the stoney bit which is normally covered. The picnic was marred by the fact that some dickhead had left his car in a public car park, when he/she was out of earshot (you can walk miles) and the sodding alarm was going off every few minutes and spoiling the peace and quiet. How selfish can you get? I mean, why? Why leave the alarm activated when you aren't going to be anywhere near to hear it if someone is stealing the thing anyway? All it did was spoilt everyone elses picnic, there were several of us.

Popped up to Cardigan to fill up with diesel at Tescos, £40 again! But I got 51 mpg this tank full which I was quite chuffed at. Wasn't going to buy much in the shop itself, but ended up spending £30, as I bought some cds. You can't go wrong with ones for £2.49 can you? I got Gene Pitney's Greatest Hits. I have downloaded tracks of his before, but it's not worth the hassle when you can buy a cd for that price. I also got Robbie Williams Greatest Hits for £5.49 and a 4 cd boxed set of Trance Classics (60 tracks in all) also for £5.49. I realised why I don't play much music in the car, I took all my cds with me, and put one on, and was bored with it in about 10 minutes, I just want instrumental sort of stuff, not things with lyrics you have to listen to. I am using my personal cd plugged into the radio/cassette, works great, so glad I saved my money, it's perfectly good enough. I drove back down the coast road with my boom boom boom, sun roof open, and felt really cool, lol!

Came back, to find lots of poor starving birds hanging around all over the garden. There were 17 collared doves here earlier, and god knows how many jackdaws. I have a poor little hen chaffinch here too who looks like a cat or hawk has had a go at her, no tail, wing dangling, can't fly very well, poor little devil. I don't want to grab her though, can't do anything for her, she must just take her chances I think, it wouldn't be fair to confine her, she isn't sick, maybe a bit sore, if it was a cat though, I think their claws can cause infection, but still wouldn't be able to do anything for her.

Going to my ex's at Neath tomorrow - he's got some dosh for me, can't be bad! (we have joint shares in the Halifax, and get our dividend shares in May and October, not much cos we only had the free shares, but it's better than a kick up the bum, we got £25 each this time)

Oh well, gotta get on, dustbin bags to do yet, and shut the birds in etc.

Few pics first, I bought a pair of doves the other day lol. I keep seeing them out of the window and doing a double take, they are so realistic looking.


















Comments:
Sad about the chaffinch Jan, could nt you put her in the avairy untill her feathers grow?.
those are lovely white doves you bought, I thought they were real for a while lol.
I ve had to cut my jackdaw s food down as there are so many, my garden is black with them, and my neighbours won't be very happy if their numbers get too many.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++