30 July 2006
Cleaning out day
ChippyI am quite proud of myself today. I did it. I actually bloody did it! Yes folks, I cleaned out the aviary. It's only taken the best part of two weeks to actually do it after it badly needed it. Every day, I have fully intended to do so, and then always found an excuse not to. Too hot, my back hurts, I've got to go somewhere, too windy, it's raining (well that was yesterday) I don't want to disturb the birds when it's this hot...... Well today, despite waking up with a terrible headache (thank god for sumatripton pills I say) I just went ahead and did it. Once I get in there I don't know what all the fuss is about. It only took me about 30 minutes today, I must admit I didn't do it that thoroughly. I needed to be quick. That's because Splash and Purdey are expecting the patter of tiny claws. They are sitting on three eggs on the floor in the corner of the shed. I don't expect any of them to hatch, as they started sitting on them for a few nights, and then abandoned them for a couple of days, but then famous last words - that's how I ended up with Twizzle after a similar event with her parents. We shall see. I'm not bothered one way or another. If they hatch, well fine, despite me saying I don't want anymore birds, maybe I will sell them, but knowing me I won't. I can't remember now when they started sitting either, must be getting on for two weeks now. They take 18-21 days to hatch, so by this time next week I should know.
I cleaned the chickens out after, and then the guinea pigs, once I decided to put them outside. Yesterday they were so disappointed, everytime I came into the room they were hanging on the side of the cage as if to say are we going out now? The weather just was so awful, grey and raining for around 6 hours, although not continuously. It hasn't been that much better for much of today either, we have had some horrendously heavy showers, and it's very windy, but I've put an umbrella up over the cage part of their run, to protect their little igloos! It's actually turned out quite hot now, I went out with Emma wearing a sweatshirt, but had to take it off. Hotter at 4 oclock than it has been all day.
Last night I watched Speedway again on Sky Sports. I shall definitely consider lobbing out for that package when my cheap offer one runs out. I am really back into Speedway again. I only wish I could see it live somewhere too. I have just run off a video of it and posted it off to Barry again, he enjoyed last weeks World Cup final one, this was a Grand Prix round, the next one is in September. The British bloke did really well, he came second. I actually just managed to stay awake for the final, and then went straight to bed, I was so tired, I only had 5 hours sleep again Friday night, and fell asleep on the sofa in the afternoon for half an hour. That's so unlike me, I never normally dose off. It's the second time this week, I had to actually go to bed one afternoon, but that's because of my headache too.
I still need to clean Chippy out (my budgie) and the place is filthy, but hey, you can't do everything can you!
Took some pictures of the sunset last night, the sky was amazing again, I love it when there's all that blue with pinks and reds of the clouds.
Just been playing with my MP3 player too (I put loads of stuff on it yesterday morning, have 34 tracks on now, it's so easy to do) Have got the hang of it pretty quick for an old codger! It's great just hang it up in the car dangling from the rear view mirror, next to a couple of my dangly doggies, and then one click and you can change the track. Miles easier than even if you were using a fitted radio/cd player, you don't have to take your eyes off the road at all. They should be the law!
I've got dentist tomorrow, looking forward to that like a hole in the head. I had a tiny filling in my front tooth last month, was so brave, didn't have a injection, but since then, it's not settled at all, and it is agony if I bite with it, or even touch it on the gumline. It's disturbed the nerve I think. I don't know if she can do anything with it though, but still.
I just got bitten by a housefly! It looks like a normal fly, and I felt something on my ankle, really painful, and it was a fly, and it's drawn blood! Ouch, sodding thing. Since when did houseflies bite people???????
Current mood: Hurting
Splash is the Lutino (yellow) bird. The others are Toby and Boy. Purdey the grey bird here.


Comments:
<< Home
Jan, I do sympathasise with you, I have just been stung by a flipping wasp! I can't remember the last timt that happened. Blasted thing just crept on me! I knocked it off before it did too much damage but it didn't do too much for the rest of my day!
I know what its like cleaning pets out with 9 rabbits, they r very good, most is in their trays, but its still hard work.
Nice you can let piggies out, it s such a long day if they can t go out.
I remember having a bite from a house fly too, you would nt think they could bite.
Post a Comment
Nice you can let piggies out, it s such a long day if they can t go out.
I remember having a bite from a house fly too, you would nt think they could bite.
<< Home
