13 July 2006

Just a quickie

Didn't know what else to call this, the idea is that this will be short and sweet as I am incredibly tired and intending to go to bed very shortly. I have been so busy this last few days, I shall be meeting myself coming back before long.

Was out all day yesterday at Neath visiting my ex and didn't get home until gone 6 oclock. Had a nice day, chatting with him and his new partner, whom I get on great with, I am very happy that he's met someone else who can make him happy. I wasn't at first of course, because I hoped we'd get back together, and I still miss him very much, and love him to bits, but like a brother really, he's still one of my best friends. It's always good therapy for me to see him, because I know that I don't still fancy him, lol, and don't envy the lifestyle that they have either. We went out for an hour or so to Port Talbot shopping centre, and I discovered Poundland! I'd heard of them but never seen one. Oh boy. I bought 11 items and could have bought a 111! Absolutely gobsmacking stuff for the money. I won't bother listing them, only everyday things, but amazingly cheap stuff. I also dived in Wilkinsons and bought some cheap pet foods. God I wish we had these shops in Carmarthen. I had a bad night's sleep (or lack of) on Tuesday night, less than five hours, consequently, with the 90 mile round trip drive, I was knackered last night, and went to bed at 10.20! Fell asleep instantly, and didn't wake up till 7 oclock this morning.

Today my friend Irene came over and at last we had some blue skies and sunshine. I was so pissed off with the grey. That's one of the worst things about internet forums, I kept seeing posts from people saying how fantastic the weather is, and hot, and we had this bloody grey cloud for days and days. Even though the sun was out we've had a cold northerly wind today, fine if you could get out of it. We sat out the back anyway, chatting and had some lunch. Then she had to leave, and I took Emma to the park and in the river! Came back and cut the front grass, decided the back doesn't need it yet, not too bad at all. I then got a big bucket of hot soapy water and disinfectant, and swept out my front porch and got down and had a good scrub to try and rid it of the smell of Snuffles pee. Once it dried out though, I could still smell it, although not quite as bad. Aso had all my watering to do. Cleaned the guinea pigs out today, they've been out in the garden since first thing, but it got too chilly for them to stay out much after 6 oclock tonight once the sun goes away from the back garden. Depressing already, the sun was out in the back till nearly 8.30 only a few weeks ago, and now its gone by six oclock.

Tonight another friend rang, she's been away since last weekend, so had a bit to catch up on, and I then watched David Walliams swimming the channel. Fantastic achievement, such grit and determination, bloody amazing amount of money he has raised too for Sport Aid, over half a million quid. Really enjoyed the programme. Not often I can sit and watch something without losing interest and looking at the forums or something on my laptop, but left it alone tonight. I am also into the Ant & Dec Poker face, really great, I love general knowledge quizzes anyhow, but this is something different. I wonder who will win the million quid this weekend? I've gone right off Deal or No Deal now, I don't bother to watch it most times, maybe only the last 10 minutes just to see what they get.

My book came that I ordered from the book site that was recommended by the Woodland Trust, I've been trying to get it for about 4 years, and they had it! Highly recommend this site - it's a great way of recycling books - you get £3 for any book you sell, and any book you buy costs £3.75. I ordered my book on Monday night, it was despatched Tuesday, and arrived this morning. I've already read about a quarter of it! Give this a go anyhow if you are into books, it may have exactly what you want too, or you could maybe sell some - www.GreenMetropolis.com

Well that's it, I am off to bed now, didn't make it to chat again, but I really wanted to watch tv tonight, and I just never sit down to relax until about 9.30 or even later, so it doesn't leave a lot of time.

Comments:
Come on~you only got grey clouds, but we got typhoon here in this island.You could go out and paid a visit to your friends. We couldn't go out because the heavy rain and the strong wind out the house. Compared to our situation, your weather was pretty good!!
 
Thanks Sergio, you have cheered me up no end! We had similar weather here last week though, bad storms, flooding, bits of trees down, but I guess nowhere near as bad as you. Thanks for reading my blog. :)
 
Sorry Jan I wont mention the weather down here unless its raining or snowing or worse!!! I wont tell you the colour of the sky at the moment ;)

Seems like you have been busy, I too am struggling for time at the moment, there is so much I need to do yet no time to do it in. I think I will have to work out some sort of time table to fit it all in....boy dosent that sound sad ..
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++