10 July 2006

Returns day today

Well we have the typical Welsh summer day today - grey, windy and pissing down with rain. Just what I need to cheer me up. Everything gone flat now, no footie or tennis to watch to break the monotony, no little parrot to talk to in the garden, only back to the normal nitty gritty of everyday life!

I bloody ache all over after doing that shed roof on Saturday too. I didn't mention it yesterday because I know I am such a whinger, but hell, my arms, hands, legs and back are agony. I can hardly bend my fingers. That's the trouble nowadays, I can do stuff, grit my teeth and get on with it, and it doesn't really hurt that bad at the time, but boy do I suffer after.

Today I am having a take back the crap day. This means firstly, the roll of shitty shed felt back to Focus and get my money back (thank christ I found the receipt in the boot of the car) Then it's round to Comet to take back a rechargeable PP3 battery that I bought for the Cat Scarer, because (a) my charger doesn't seem to want to charge that size, the lights aren't lighting up and (b) the cat scarer didn't seem to want to work with that sort of battery either. It says Alkaline, whatever that means, and it doesn't say that on the rechargeable. And finally, across to Citroen and take back the facia panel because I ain't gonna bother with a cd player. I put the radio on in the car a couple of times over the weekend. That'll do me for music I think, and what's up with copying some of my fave cd tracks onto cassette anyway? The cassette player is perfectly fine. So all in all, I shall be better off by around £28 today, yay! I must try to stop wasting money on stuff.

Other than that, don't know what else I shall be doing today. My aviary needs cleaning out really, but my back is so painful, I think that is going to have to wait. I don't suppose they will suffer too badly if it gets left a bit longer!

Oh just to mention after we all said goodnight on chat last night, I was about to shut down and bring in the webcam from the back door, only to find Itsy gorging herself! Got a quick snap. When she went, it was only the peanuts that she'd eaten, but this morning, everything is gone again. So I still think maybe the rats are coming up to the dish - if this is the case, then I'm afraid Itsy will have to start coming round to the front porch to eat, I don't want rats at my back door, no thank you. There's a place for everything, and theirs is up at the bank as far away from the house as possible!

My pair of magpies have been coming to the dish in the porch for a while now, stealing the food. They have now brought their three sprogs as well. I wonder if this is the same pair as last year, they also had three youngsters, whom I captured on video in the back garden, playing. They were really comical. They don't look very comical at the present moment. They are sitting on the roof of the bungalow across the road, wet and looking very pissed off.

Best get up and do something I suppose.

Itsy last night

Comments:
Jan, it could be the magpies stealing the food, not rats. I woke up at 5.30 this morning and Phoebe decided it was a good time to go out, there must have been 5 magpies pinching the food that I had placed in the plastic box on my patio!!!!! Thieving swines, but Phoebe chased them off.
 
The magpies are taking the food in the front porch, I know, cos I can sit in bed and watch them. I don't mind that, in fact I'm putting it there particularly for them (they have three babies at the moment) They don't come round the back though, and Itsy's dish is under a brick-high board, to stop cats or anything else getting under there, Itsy herself actually lifts the board when she's under, so I'm pretty sure it's not birds, it's either Itsy coming back later, another hog or the rats. You will need to do something similar if you only want the hogs to get the food, just make a little run of bricks, with a board over the top. Stops it getting soaking wet too.
 
Yes, Jan, I thought it would be quite safe in the plastic box, I used to have a brick run leading up to it, but I have photographic evidence that Phoebe still managed to get in and nick the food!

I will modify it yet again!
 
Yay for itsy! Guess the only way jan is to leave the pc recording, or if you can put the cam into the video recorder then watch the playback
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++