25 July 2006

Stuff in the garden and going to Pat's

Haven't really done a lot this past couple of days, except mess around, its been too hot to stay out in the garden for more than about 20 minutes at a time. Yesterday, I was so bored, I took a few photos of the garden again, and the chickens posed nicely for me a few times too. I have a budlea down the bottom end and there's a wild flower (well weed probably) grown up intertwined with it, and I think it looks really good. Down the rough end of the garden, there's an assortment of wild plants, like foxglove, comfrey, and some other things I don't know what they're called, plus I've got a bamboo which is going well, the two lilac bushes, and I chucked down on the end bit, (which is laughingly called my compost heap, which in fact is just a dumping ground for anything I don't know what to do with) my dead teasels last year, when they were all brown and withered and they've seeded! I have teasel coming up everywhere again lol, they definitely like it here. The ones in my border are going well again and are up to about 6 feet high again, same as last year!

Today I went to Pat's after lunch, and we took the dogs down to the river (The Dingles) again. Last time I went over there with her, we couldn't get very far because a huge tree had come down in that storm we had, and was completely blocking the path. Since then, they have managed to find out who owns the wood, it is owned by an American guy apparently, who is happy that people can walk their dogs there (lucky bloke, wish I owned a wood like that) Anyway, they have been in and cut the tree up, and widened all the paths and strimmed it all down, and it's now fantastic down there. We can actually walk along side by side and hold a conversation, instead of in single file lol!

Couple of things I just have to had a moan about. Below you will see a couple of photographs of the scenery on the way to Pats. It is some of the most breathtaking I have seen in this part of Wales, I never tire of it. The journey is some 18 miles and takes about half an hour, mainly because about a third of it is single track roads with passing spaces. The views across to the other side of the valleys in fantastic, all the fields laid out with the hedges and trees, all varying shades of greens and browns. So with a view like this, how can some moronic bastard just dump a pile of their shit at the side of the road! It makes me so bloody mad I can tell you. I would like to get them and stuff it up their bloody disgusting arses. There is no need for it whatsoever. The council take all of the items that were dumped free of charge. The only thing that makes me madder than littering the countryside is cruelty to animals.

I am also getting upset over another matter too at the moment, but something I can do little about, apart from stay at home - mass murder of butterflies. There are so many around flitting across from one side of the road to the other seeking out the wild flowers at present. I have swerved and braked many a time, but I have still killed dozens. It makes me so sad. They have such a short life as it is, and they don't stand a bloody chance against a car, however slow you go. I look back in the rear view mirror and see them floundering in the road, and I get every bit as upset as if it had been a bird. Wish I didn't. :(

And another moan whilst I'm at it. Why in the name of god do people have to light bonfires when it's hot weather, when they know that everyone will have their windows open trying to get some fresh air? Someone's doing it again now down the valley, this is the third sodding time in about 10 days that my place is stunk out with smoke. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr inconsiderate arseholes.

That's it for today then. I am well ahead of myself tonight, already done the washing up, hogs food, watering. Just the birds to shut in a bit, and bring in the guinea piggies from outside.

Well, I've been trying on and off to post my photos on here for about an hour now, and have not had any luck. They have just put an error message up saying an engineer has been informed. Great. Are blogger the same firm as Yahoo I wonder? Seems to be major problems this week. Oh well, will maybe leave it till the morning then to do them. You will all just have to wait with baited breath .....













Comments:
Oh Jan I so agree with you about the litter! There IS no need for it! Nice pics of the chicks!
 
lovely photos jan
 
I caught one of our near neighbours fly-tipping at my local patch (it's a country park). He was dumping large stones from his garden, and although not as bad as dumping the stuff you saw, it's still fly-tipping and looks unsightly. He tried hiding it in some nettles, but they will die back soon and a huge pile of dumped stones is an invitation for others to dump their crap, too.

I had a word with him to let him know it was wrong (another neighbour also had a word with him) but he carried on dumping his shit for several days (in broad daylight!)- so I reported him to the environmental people at the council. A man from the council came out to have a look the next day and then called at the dumper's house. The dumper man has now been back and removed everything he dumped.

Not only does it look horrible, it's just lazy and it's leaving the job, and cost, for someone else to move it all.

At least my neighbour won't do it again.

Sorry to read about Twizzle, Janice :o(

It's been a rollercoaster ride catching up with your blog! Funny, sad, happy ... everything.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++