02 August 2006

All Shook Up...

Before I explain the title of today's blog, I'd just like to mention that since the weather changed back to the hurricane and monsoon season here in Wales, that I have been a physical (and albeit, mental) wreck. I ache all over, my joints, particularly my right hip, my back, and all down my left side, especially my elbow, wrist, and leg. It's the damp weather that does it for me. I know some sufferers get worse when it's hot and dry, not me, I feel fit and great when the sun is shining and its about 25c. So now my mood has turned like the colour of the sky, grey.

Okay so you get the picture. I am a walking disaster already. So today, I went into town to (a) take back a pair of jeans I bought the other day, which had a fault in them and (b) to get some cockatiel seed from Pets At Home (c) take Emma somewhere for a decent walk. I change the jeans, I am walking out of Richleys with my carrier bag, looking towards the car. Big mistake. I should look where my feet are going, not at where I am heading. I caught my foot in a bloody plastic bag that the wind had blown from god knows where, and I went down. By god, did I go with a wallop! And I don't know how, but I managed to take the skin off my left knee (my first thought was oh no, not a hole in these jeans now, I will have to go back in the shop and get another pair) skinned my right hand's palm, hit my right hip, and just about everywhere else. Now normally when I fall over at home, it's in the garden, and it's usually more of a slip, and it's landing on grass. Here it was concrete and tarmac. Not funny. I think what happened was I actually tried to stop it happening (like you do) and made it worse, and I actually went down and rolled over. Next thing I knew I was sitting up on my bum, and the lady from Richleys came running out to help me. Someone else in a car stopped too, and another person wound down their window from where they were parked and asked if I was okay. I was a bit winded to be honest, and shit did it hurt! The dive itself must've been pretty spectacular - I think C Ronaldhino would have been proud of it, or maybe Jurgen Klinsman in his day. I almost wish I could do it again and have someone video it. I am practically pissing myself with laughter typing this. In fact whenever I have thought about it all afternoon, I am having near hysteria. How embarrassing it was! But I do hurt, and no doubt will hurt a lot more tomorrow.

I actually felt a bit shakey for a while after too, and a bit sick, but it went away once I took Emma to the Woodland Trust walk at Green Castle Woods, and we had a picnic lunch. I thought it best to try and walk it off, rather than just go home and sulk. Hooray, the sun came out, and I actually had to take my sweatshirt off. Soon had to put it back on again though when I got back home indoors to the fridge (my bungalow) I dunno why I bother paying out the electricity on a fridge and freezer. Just leaving stuff in a normal cupboard in my kitchen would keep everything nicely chilled if it's not sunny all afternoon.

Next exciting news - I just bought a new bed, well the bottom frame - from eBay. I've been looking through the lists of them on there for days until I am boggle eyed, and I've also been and pestered every bed shop in town. Nobody could give me exactly what I wanted, so I've had to compromise. I needed something low (cos poor old Emma is struggling sometimes to get up on mine, even though I chopped the divan base in half, hence my now being pissed off with it, I want to move the damn thing, and I can't because it's bodged up on blocks) I needed something with a sprung base, cos I can't sleep on a hard bed, I have a very good and expensive mattress though, and I needed something modern looking but without a high footboard, because I am tall, and my feet hang over the end of the bed, and a footboard would drive me mad, I tested some out in the shops, I would be waking up all the time cos I couldn't stretch out. So I bought this one -



It has sprung beech slats apparently. It still won't be as soft as my currently sprung divan base, but I ought to get used to a slightly harder one anyway because of my back. Hope it comes soon, can't wait to get all the crap out from under the other one, and have a good old clean under, and chuck the old base out!

Time to do the evening feeds now, my arms are aching so much, it's going to be an effort tonight..... poor old bugger.

Comments:
poor bugger
 
Sorry Jan but I couldn't help laughing at you falling over. I have done the same thing so many times. I just want the ground to swallow me, but pride always tells me to get up and get the hell out of there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++