18 August 2006

At last....

....meaning a couple of things.

At last I am making the time to write a post.
At last I have got somewhere with getting some things onto my Nokia, and maybe my blood pressure will fall slightly!

Have had such a game, and I find that I am now so focused on one things, nothing else can be done until I get it sorted and right. Must be some kind of obsession thing, I don't remember being like it before. Everything else was unimportant until I had solved how to get MP3s onto my phone. I bought bluetooth dongles, I sought advice from forums and shops and got nowhere. I then bought a better bluetooth bloody dongle incase the chinese crap one was faulty. It still wouldn't work. Hope PC World keep to their promise that I can have a refund, will find out today. Everyone told me to get a cable, it's easier. So I bought a cable from mobile phone shop - twenty five sodding quid! Also promised my money back. Thank god, because that didnt work either. Then last night, my brain cell kicked in. I have a card reader which plugs into the USB socket. I bought it when my connector packed up on my main camera, so that I can transfer my photos to the pc. It cost me 99p from eBay. I plugged it in. I clicked on one of my MP3s, and it transferred it to the card in about point 2 of a second. All that hassle, grief, swearing, expense, travelling to and fro, and I had the thing for the job here all the time. Now I just need to get the memory card thing sorted and bob's my uncle. I am being so obsessive about this though, it is slighly worrying, because I already have a perfectly good MP3 player that I only just bought, and which I play all the time in the car, why do I feel the need to get this going? So the other one was a waste of money and I won't use it? I don't do long enough journeys to play more than three or four tracks each time anyway - is there no hope for me I wonder?

All the stuff I downloaded, the bluetooth software or the Nokia phone suite caused major problems with my pc yesterday too, I had a freeze out about four times and had to push the off button. The mouse wouldn't work, the broadband wouldn't work. Uninstalled and then everything was okay. I'm still not happy about the laptop though, there is something strange going on with it, slowed right down to load Outlook Express. I need to get it looked at.

Next tale of woe - my new Webcam with Night Vision arrived yesterday. Woo hoo, got it loaded and working so that I can have both cams on front and back and watch. All worked okay, put the new one in the drawer so it would be dark, and it worked fine. Then last night got it set up in position, and neither of them would work, error message, had to re-install both of them about five times and re-boot and then the new one wouldnt work in the dark at all. You can barely make out shapes. Serves me right for not reading the small print, my good cam says Infra Red. This one just says Night Vision lights for poor lighting, not the same thing. When will I learn? Another waste of money, I already have a webcam that works with lights on.

Thirdly, I don't know what to do about the rats. I am being overwhelmed by them now, and it's getting beyond a joke. They are diggiing up my entire garden with their runs. Now that the grass is wet again, they are tunnelling everywhere. Even made it into the front garden yesterday, which filled me with horror and also all along the back bit. I keep stamping them down, and then within an hour the grass is bulging again. I can't turn a blind eye any more I don't think. I will have to see if Irene can have my chickens for a while maybe, and have to get the council in. Will mean stop feeding the birds for a while, but I can put up a couple of peanut feeders in the trees. Its the only sensible thing to do really I know. Feel sick with worry about it now, and what an awful fate the rats will have, but it can't go on. There is a major problem here. The trouble is with the poisoning, what about the hogs? Are they at risk? Because if so, then it's out of the question, no way will I allow it. And now my little mouse - I will be killing that too, and there's bound to be more than one. Oh how I hate this. I can't bear the thought of it. What the hell do I do?

Comments:
Good for you Jan, you keep trying untill you get there, I did ask my son if if could help, but he knows nothing about phones.
About the rats, yes it will bother the hogs and mice, slugs and beetles eat the poison and hogs eat the slugs, beetles ext.
If you would like to try and relocate the rats Jan, If you get me some wood, I could make you a trap, I ve got wire here and a heavy bit of wood for the shutter and screw eye s ext, but hav nt got wood to make the cage, anyway have a think about it. Pauline.
 
Yes Jan there would be a strong possiblilty that it would affect the other wildlife too. What if you spoke to the council, Im sure they would have come across this before, maybe that can set a lot of humane traps in the garden rather than use poision. Worth a phone call, I know its getting you down..
 
Oh dear Jan, I thought I had trouble with only one rat!

My dog scared it off eventually, but clearly this is not working for you. I think you will have to get the council in, perhaps, as Nic said, they can use humane traps. Not nice to think about but very necessary.
 
You must love a challenge to keep trying to get this mp3 thingy going. I think I would have just broken down sobbing and then thrown the whole thing out. lol. As to the rats, I know you can buy live traps so the animals can be relocated.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++