08 August 2006
Bloody wasps
I am so sick of the things now. I daren't open a door or a window without immediately having half a dozen or so of the sodding things everywhere. I'm sick of letting them out. I'm sick of the way they fly at your face and round your hair. I'm also sick of my throbbing finger where one bastard stung me at lunchtime. The first time I've been stung for years, I knew it would happen sooner or later though. I was making my sandwich for lunch, and the bloody thing actually landed on it, I swept at it with my hand and it got me. Why do they do it? Bees don't keep flying in your face and all round you, surely they are attracted by the same sort of scents, but they just stick to collecting pollen.
Cut all the grass this morning, took Emma down the river this afternoon. Only in Wales could you sit down on your favourite rock in the sunshine, dangling your feet in the water, and see that someone else had left a carrier bag and two haversacks at the same place, and were half a mile further down river, out of sight of aforementioned bags, and yet not have someone walk off with them. The woman and her kids and dog turned up after about ten minutes.
Best thing today was the juvenile woodpecker on my peanut feeder at 7.15 this am. Got up to make a coffee as I'd been awake since 6.20 and gave up trying to get back to sleep on my instrument of torture (the new bed) Four nights now of agony. Well I think I may have sussed it for tonight. The way it was supposed to be assembled was to have the "sprung" (hahahaha) wooden slats fitted into the supports with an upward bow to the wood sorta like this ^ ^ ^ ^ (but more rounded, there ain't the right symbol on a keyboard) Well this means that laying on the bed, even with a super soft mattress like mine, you can feel a rounded lump pushing upwards. Well I thought bugger this for a game of soldiers this morning, and I've turned all the slats down the other way, so that they are more like v v v v v . So now the mattress has a nice body-shaped sag downwards, and having tested it out for a couple of minutes, certainly feels like it may be an improvement. Tonight will tell anyway. I'm almost looking forward to going to bed now to try it! Tomorrow the old base is going to the dump, so it will be too late to change my mind, it's already in my car loaded up to go. I phoned the council yesterday, £5 to take three items, which was more than reasonable, but they can't do it until September! I can't leave it outside on the pavement that long ffs!
Well I was going to post pictures of the woodpecker, but having now tried for five times (and I am using Firefox) this stupid blogger won't load any photos yet again, just keep getting DONE and there is nothing there. I now give up. They are on Garden Bird section of BBF if anyone wants to see it. Bollox to blogger.com, get your act together please. :(
Cut all the grass this morning, took Emma down the river this afternoon. Only in Wales could you sit down on your favourite rock in the sunshine, dangling your feet in the water, and see that someone else had left a carrier bag and two haversacks at the same place, and were half a mile further down river, out of sight of aforementioned bags, and yet not have someone walk off with them. The woman and her kids and dog turned up after about ten minutes.
Best thing today was the juvenile woodpecker on my peanut feeder at 7.15 this am. Got up to make a coffee as I'd been awake since 6.20 and gave up trying to get back to sleep on my instrument of torture (the new bed) Four nights now of agony. Well I think I may have sussed it for tonight. The way it was supposed to be assembled was to have the "sprung" (hahahaha) wooden slats fitted into the supports with an upward bow to the wood sorta like this ^ ^ ^ ^ (but more rounded, there ain't the right symbol on a keyboard) Well this means that laying on the bed, even with a super soft mattress like mine, you can feel a rounded lump pushing upwards. Well I thought bugger this for a game of soldiers this morning, and I've turned all the slats down the other way, so that they are more like v v v v v . So now the mattress has a nice body-shaped sag downwards, and having tested it out for a couple of minutes, certainly feels like it may be an improvement. Tonight will tell anyway. I'm almost looking forward to going to bed now to try it! Tomorrow the old base is going to the dump, so it will be too late to change my mind, it's already in my car loaded up to go. I phoned the council yesterday, £5 to take three items, which was more than reasonable, but they can't do it until September! I can't leave it outside on the pavement that long ffs!
Well I was going to post pictures of the woodpecker, but having now tried for five times (and I am using Firefox) this stupid blogger won't load any photos yet again, just keep getting DONE and there is nothing there. I now give up. They are on Garden Bird section of BBF if anyone wants to see it. Bollox to blogger.com, get your act together please. :(
Comments:
<< Home
Well I'm ashamed to say, much against my normal principles, I took my revenge on the next one that crossed my path - the bugger that stung me took off out of the back door before I could get it. Their is a streak of guts stuck to the kitchen window right now....(mine was a rolled up Sky magazine, I don't do newspapers!)
I heard that the smell of dead wasp attracts more wasps... I hate the things though and even though I just persuade them outside if I can I sometimes can't resist the satisfaction of killing one of the little fuckers.
lol anna, well I have to confess I stamped on two outside on the path on Sunday that were orgying on my blackbirds' sultanas.
I know exactly what you mean about Blogger, a real pain in the arse sometimes. I`ve been trying to upload 1 pic for the last hour.
Yes!! tis the season for Wasps.
Yes!! tis the season for Wasps.
I fully sympathise with you over the wasp, one of the little buggers got me in the arm, it was on my tee shirt by my waist and I didn't spot it until I brushed my arm against my body. Ouch!
lol, still laughing at all the comments. So funny. I've only gotten stung once by a wasp, years ago. Had a bag of groceries in one arm and was holding an ice cream in the other hand. The ice cream was melting down over my thumb when Mr. Wasp landed on it. Tried to flick him off with one of the fingers that was holding the ice cream and it stung me. Not nice!!
You must all be nice to them, no flicking them,and chasing with newspapers, they don t like that, and then they won t sting lol.
one was on my face the other day, scared the crap out of me...shook my head it fell to the floor, didnt squish it though, just put glass over it, took it outside let it go, then the bugger started to chase me!!
A wasp flew out of my can of beer at the weekend - just as I was about to take a swig.
I don't normally drink straight from a can, obviously ;o)
Post a Comment
I don't normally drink straight from a can, obviously ;o)
<< Home

