27 August 2006

Busy day

Phew, I've been so busy today, and still haven't got everything done, let's hope it's nice again tomorrow, and I will be able to cut the grass. Not that I want to, but it's really bugging me, I hate seeing it long, and am fed up with getting wet feet all the time when I go to the feeders, or like today, hang out washing. I can't be arsed to keep putting on wellies just to go up to the line for a couple of minutes. Mind you if it is nice, I am going to go to the Steam Rally tomorrow I think. I went both days last year as I did the car boot sale with my ex and his new lady and her kids, it was great fun, and I sold lots of things. Was disappointed that they weren't going to come over to do it again, I've got a loft full of things waiting to be car-booted, but never seem to get round to doing one on my own.

Today, took the little hoggy to the vets for his injection. He wasn't too good last night, and was very snuffly, so Lowry wants me to keep him and take him back on Tuesday morning for another one. If he's no better then, we will embark on the full course that Snuffles had, which lasts a month. Poor little sausage. He is so cute, I can pet him just like a guinea pig, I had him out in the kitchen last night, and this afternoon, I took him out in the garden to show to the old lady next door, and she was thrilled to see him (she is 91 bless her) and she stroked his little prickles. He's more like having a guinea pig actually. I got my old guinea pig cage out of the loft this morning, and have set it all up for him in the back porch/cupboard where Snuffles lived last winter. I thought it would be better to actually be in a plastic cage rather than loose out there like he was, it's more hygenic to keep clean, Snuffles used to wee on the concrete, and it still smells now 5 months and much scrubbing later! The cage is 4 feet long so he will have plenty to move about in, but it means I can't shut the cupboard door, but not too much of a problem, the back door is double glazed, and then the kitchen door can be shut if necessary, but I will probably leave that open to allow a bit more warmth for him, he doesn't seem at all worried about a bit of noise or my coming and going. He is still way too tame for his own good, a bit worrying, and something else which is worrying me a bit is that the towels that he has been using for his bedding appear to have the odd bit of blood staining on them. I don't know if he is weeing blood or it's just very dark urine, it's hard to tell, I am keeping one of the towels to show Lowry to see what she thinks. I had to go out to the pet shop and buy some straw this afternoon and I have taken some of the bedding from the box in the garden which will have his familiar smells on, and he has the little igloo to nest in. At the moment though he is laying outside in the straw. I still don't know what to name him, he's had about four names so far, awwblesshim, nudger, left, itsnotsnuffs!

Whilst in the pet shop, I saw some of those little roosting pockets so bought a couple and have put them in the front porch incase the little bluetit returns. I thought they are much better than actually putting a nest box up, as it would be a bad idea for anything to actually nest in there, back in the heat of the summer, it was over a 100f in my porch in the afternoon, and it would be even hotter up under the roof, it wouldn't be wise to have baby birds or eggs even in that heat, but roosting would be okay because the bird wouldn't be in there during the day time. I also bought a super new feeder which has three in one, made of silver metal, it's got peanuts, fatball tube, and a seed tube. I've hung it on my Sky dish, but left the old ones in place for a while so that the birds get used to it.

Finally got round to cleaning out my poor budgie, and dusting and vacuuming right through, and gave Emma a bath, well shower/shampoo, she was really smelly. I'm not sure if it's her allergy vacine which is causing this or the Denti-stix she has every day to keep her teeth clean. She never used to be a smelly dog, but it's become very unpleasant for the past few months, she has very brown saliva which is staining her white chest, and it is smelly! Poor Emma.

Well it's 8.15 and nearly dark, so I have to go and shut the birds away, and do the washing up, and do the hogs food, set up the cams, it's all go!








Comments:
kajfk
Jan, I should get Emma's mouth checked, if I were you. Doesn't sound very pleasant.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++