22 August 2006
Oh hell!
Two days running, I have nearly had a bad accident in the car. Starting to get scarey. Yesterday would have been my fault entirely due to misjudging the speed of a vehicle coming the other way. Got stuck behind a bloody old dodderer who shouldn't be on the road, doing speeds between 25 and 35 mph on a 60 mph road, dead straight and wide. Trouble was the car immediately behind him was a woman driving who wouldn't overtake, and I got thoroughly pissed off and went to take them both, and someone came the other way like a bat out of hell, and I had to slam the brakes on and pull back in, left a hell of a skid mark on the road lol! I thought I would have a huge adrenalin rush and be shit scared, but I was amazingly calm.
Today, a stupid wanker pulled out of his drive right in front of me. It was a 40mph limit road and that was all I was doing too, but when it's about 15 feet in front of you, I braked hard, it wasn't really that bad, as nothing was coming the other way, and I was just gonna go round him, no sweat. But he then proceeded to drive down the middle of the bloody road at about 10 mph so I couldn't get passed. I had to slam my brakes on really hard again. I stuck my hand on the horn, flashed, and then when I could go past him, he seemed completely oblivious, looked at me as if I was some kind of apparation, he was only in his 50s too, amazing, I reckon he was pissed. Bastard could've killed me, and Emma!
So now for the rest of my day lol! Woo hoo, I cleaned out the aviary, long overdue again, but my back wasn't half as bad as it used to be, I still have to crawl around on my knees, I can't actually bend or squat to sweep the shit, but it was still better, I am normally crippled for the rest of the day after doing it, but I'm sure my firmer bed is helping.
My new webcam cam this morning. I got it all set up and was chuffed to find that it would work in pitch black, I put it inside a cupboard and shut the door, and it gave a clear picture. However, now I have it all set up outside tonight, it was bloody crap! I have put the porch light on though, and it's okay thank god. Wasn't sure if the hog would still come, but as I am doing this now, the little one is there, has been three times now since 9 o'clock. It's raining here, it keeps coming eating a bit, and then disappearing. I've got the new one running through Yahoo, and the original one on in the back, just through the pc, but can switch to whichever one there is any action, I have tested it out, and although it takes a minute or two, it works okay. The cables are a pain in the arse though, one isn't quite long enough, and is stretched across the living room from the window to where I am sitting, it's about 1 foot off the floor and will be a perfect trip wire I just know it!
Went to Pat's this afternoon, (where the wanker nearly killed me on the way home)and we took the dogs to the Dingles. It was pissing with rain when I got there, but did stop eventually so we didn't get wet, well not our bodies, my feet got soaked. The river had been up a bit apparently with the rain, but we were able to cross okay. Pat put some more boulders in the river which we use as stepping stones, a few pictures of her antics below!
Also a picture of the little ornamental nest box that I have over my front door in the porch. It's only about 4 inches across. Last night, when I put the hogs food dish out, a little blue tit flew out of it, bless! He'd been roosting in there or at least thinking about it I suppose and I frightened him. Lots of birds are coming in the porch now because of the food dish I leave there all day and top up with sultanas and suet pellets.
Well that's all for today I think, a bit depressing tonight, everything in and shut away by 8.15, lights on. Fairly warm though, so not too bad, but it makes such a long night, I'm bored and ready for bed by about 10.30 when its dark so early.





Today, a stupid wanker pulled out of his drive right in front of me. It was a 40mph limit road and that was all I was doing too, but when it's about 15 feet in front of you, I braked hard, it wasn't really that bad, as nothing was coming the other way, and I was just gonna go round him, no sweat. But he then proceeded to drive down the middle of the bloody road at about 10 mph so I couldn't get passed. I had to slam my brakes on really hard again. I stuck my hand on the horn, flashed, and then when I could go past him, he seemed completely oblivious, looked at me as if I was some kind of apparation, he was only in his 50s too, amazing, I reckon he was pissed. Bastard could've killed me, and Emma!
So now for the rest of my day lol! Woo hoo, I cleaned out the aviary, long overdue again, but my back wasn't half as bad as it used to be, I still have to crawl around on my knees, I can't actually bend or squat to sweep the shit, but it was still better, I am normally crippled for the rest of the day after doing it, but I'm sure my firmer bed is helping.
My new webcam cam this morning. I got it all set up and was chuffed to find that it would work in pitch black, I put it inside a cupboard and shut the door, and it gave a clear picture. However, now I have it all set up outside tonight, it was bloody crap! I have put the porch light on though, and it's okay thank god. Wasn't sure if the hog would still come, but as I am doing this now, the little one is there, has been three times now since 9 o'clock. It's raining here, it keeps coming eating a bit, and then disappearing. I've got the new one running through Yahoo, and the original one on in the back, just through the pc, but can switch to whichever one there is any action, I have tested it out, and although it takes a minute or two, it works okay. The cables are a pain in the arse though, one isn't quite long enough, and is stretched across the living room from the window to where I am sitting, it's about 1 foot off the floor and will be a perfect trip wire I just know it!
Went to Pat's this afternoon, (where the wanker nearly killed me on the way home)and we took the dogs to the Dingles. It was pissing with rain when I got there, but did stop eventually so we didn't get wet, well not our bodies, my feet got soaked. The river had been up a bit apparently with the rain, but we were able to cross okay. Pat put some more boulders in the river which we use as stepping stones, a few pictures of her antics below!
Also a picture of the little ornamental nest box that I have over my front door in the porch. It's only about 4 inches across. Last night, when I put the hogs food dish out, a little blue tit flew out of it, bless! He'd been roosting in there or at least thinking about it I suppose and I frightened him. Lots of birds are coming in the porch now because of the food dish I leave there all day and top up with sultanas and suet pellets.
Well that's all for today I think, a bit depressing tonight, everything in and shut away by 8.15, lights on. Fairly warm though, so not too bad, but it makes such a long night, I'm bored and ready for bed by about 10.30 when its dark so early.





Comments:
<< Home
I have one like that Jan! I will try to remember to take a pic of it tomorrow. No takers in mine though!
Took ages to read all your blog Jan, did you do it all in one day lol.
If your cam gets wet, take it in and leave it on the top of the radiator, I leave mine over night.
Yes it is a lovely walk to the reservoirs,I ve walked from my house along longacre around the resevoirs and along the the river, then back through town.
Will post map on my blog
Post a Comment
If your cam gets wet, take it in and leave it on the top of the radiator, I leave mine over night.
Yes it is a lovely walk to the reservoirs,I ve walked from my house along longacre around the resevoirs and along the the river, then back through town.
Will post map on my blog
<< Home
