20 August 2006

Oh Wow!

Following upon my morning post, what a day so far!

I decided to go and take a look at a few laptops in town, and to go to the repair shop and see what they said about my Acer. Was peeing with rain when I left as usual. Got to Carmarthen and it was bone dry and the sun was trying to come out! I thought I'd go take a look at the place Brian (old friend) had told me about to walk Emma first, then when she's knackered, I don't feel so guilty about leaving her in the car whilst I'm in the shops. What can I say, well I already did - Oh WOW! 12 Years I've lived in Wales, and I've been to Carmarthen hundreds and hundreds of times, and I never, ever knew about this place. I never even noticed the tiny little lane leading to it. Right next to the Shell Garage, it says "Reservoir Road" I followed it up, very narrow, and then there are loads of parking bays, and two lovely reservoirs or lakes they look more like to walk round. Loads of lilies, ducks, trees, gravel paths,picnic tables, fishing platforms, and peace and quiet! And of course, most importantly for Emma, water. Lots of pics to follow, the sun came out, and it was bliss. And nobody else there until I got back to the car, and there were some lads working on their Peugot!

Next, the Computer repair shop, explained everything about my laptop, and the guy was very honest and helpful, and said that technology had come on so much since I bought my Acer that frankly, in the light of the problems I am having, I would do better, and it would work out cheaper in the long run, to get something else. If it were repaired, they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't go again, would cost around the same as I paid last time, then there was the service, the battery (knackered) a new external hard drive as mine are nearly full up etc etc. Okay, so he convinced me. I went into PC World and looked at one I had seen on their website this morning, and compared it with others, went in Curry's next door, and they had nothing like as good a deal. Waited ages to speak to the guy as it was really busy, but eventually decided on one out of the two! OMG I bought it! What have I done! I am not going to rush into setting it all up and get in a bit panic. I promise not to curse, swear, get irate, upset, shout, and have tantrums when things don't go right, and most of all I promise that I will not fill it up with junk that I never use like on this one. I haven't got it out of the box yet, but from what I remember, the spec is 60GB HD, 1054 Ram,3000 AMDAthlon processor, all of which is three times better than this one, for half the price this one was. I guess I can maybe sell the wireless network card from the old one eventually, and perhaps the Acer for spares or repair, doubt whether I will get more than about £30 for it though. I will also sell my other old tower which is under the bed, I can sell that with a keyboard and mouse and maybe get £75 for that, it has XP Pro on it, so I can recoup some of my money back.

Lastly, got home and had a wander round the front garden, tutting at the fact that the grass has grown about 6 inches this week, and is soaking wet, and as I do almost every day, I lifted the lid of Snuff's box, and I noticed that the nest looked bigger. Then I looked again, and there was this little nose sticking out of the bedding! OMG again! It isn't Snuffs, I would recognise his nose, I think it's the little one that comes in the front porch. OMG! I think I am going to be busy this week somehow, now that I have all these hoggies, I ought to maybe think about making at least one more box, in case Snuffs comes back anyway, if this little one is going to take up residence. Oh WoW!

Only bad thing today is it looks like the Sparrowhawk has been busy in my absence, at least two strikes, greenfinch feathers all over the path near the kitchen window and some more up by the feeders and blood on the slabs too. Yuck. I caught sight of it yesterday, it made a dive up that way, but I don't think it got anything. I think it's the small one again that I caught, as it doesn't seem to be going for the doves, they are too big for it.

Gotta go now, mum will be ringing me soon, and I wanted to get this done first, as I won't have time later. Wish me luck setting up my new one. The wireless router modem is going to be the hardest thing, but I'm hoping I can just copy all the settings off here step by step and it will work. Well I can hope I suppose, but knowing my luck.....











Comments:
Yay new laptop!!!!
 
Yay, yeah. Hit the first snag already - there's no bloody user manual in the box! Bollox. Good job I know roughly what to do, else I wouldn't even have known where to switch the thing on. Haven't a clue where the volume control is for instance for the speakers. This one has a normal dial on the side! There's a manual for setting up Media Centre telling you how to set the remote control (which there isn't) how to connect to a tv, but nothing at all about the laptop! I've got both running obviously, won't get the new one set up to use tonight I doubt.
 
You can download manuals from the site Jan. Google for the manufacturer, then service.

Curry's always unreliable, however you should have the remote and manual, go get'em gal!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++