28 August 2006

Orllwyn Teifi Vintage Rally

They hold this event every August Bank holiday, Sunday and Monday. I almost didn't go. Woke up this morning to grey skies, wind and rain. It stopped though about 11 oclock so I decided to go for it. Glad I did, it cleared up, needed a jacket though, it's very high up and very windy. Views to die for though from all round, it's only 8 miles up the road for me too. Emma had a great time, so many people had dropped chips and burgers on the floor, I gave up in the end yanking her off them, eventually, she didn't want any more, a first, she didn't want a chip!

Met a chap with a eight-month old boy one like her, named Chris (the dog, not the man) as he was born on Christmas Day!

Also met the lady who had the little Tawny owl that I found half dead back in the early summer, I thought I recognised her voice from the telephone, they had a stall there with several of their birds of prey, but there is also another much bigger stall, which I have taken most of the photos from. She gave me a leaflet and said to give her a ring to go and visit like I wanted to before, but I am slightly worried as they actually do half day and full day visits starting at £30 so not sure if that's what she meant for me!

And last I also met one of my neighbours. Now this in itself isn't surprising as they have a garage load of vintage bikes, and always show them up there, but what was amazing is that she was helping on a cancer charity stall, and actually was friendly and chatty. Now I nearly died of shock because they haven't spoken to me for over a year since I had a moan about a cat running out of my garden with a sparrow screaming in its mouth, straight to their garden, and they said it wasn't their cat! So I said I was sick of it in my garden peeing and killing things. Now if it wasn't their cat, why did they have the hump about it? But they have ignored me ever since, and I didn't get a Christmas card from them last Christmas. I was so upset! Anyway, seems taking a quid of me for a tombola was more important this time!

I had a nice lunch of vegetable noodles with sweet and sour sauce from the Chinese food wagon, I had the same last year too, lol, last time I had chinese food I think, and then to be multi-national, I had a Belgian waffle with strawberries for pud!

The helicopter started running fairly late into the afternoon, it had been too windy before that. I went up in this three years ago, it was £20 then, now £25, but it wasn't up half as long, and it's actually a different chopper. £20 well spent, the most fantastic 5 minutes ever, and I took lots of photos then, so I have posted a few of them on here (the view would be the same) I would have gone again actually, but I didn't want to leave Emma with strangers, not fair on her. She would have been petrified. She goes barmy if one comes over when I am at home, and chases it across the garden barking like mad, but she didn't seem to associate it as being the same when she was only a few yards from it. I love helicopters, when it wound up to take off, it's the most amazing thing, even though I wasn't in it, I felt so excited, lol!

Hmm what else? Well loads of car boot stalls, and all the usual traction engines, fair ground stuff, archery, vintage cars, heavy horses. All in all a great day out for £6 I think, Emma now knackered after walking round for over 4 hours, won't have to feed her anyway (some hopes!)

I'll have to add the photos later, it's taken three attempts and about 15 minutes to just get this one on here. Bloody useless blogger. :(

Edit an hour or more on, and have managed to post some more pictures, but there's still loads to go. I guess it's volume of people trying to do the same thing. Perhaps I'll have a go about 5am, when it's quiet!

Emma posing in front of my car. *cough*


Emma was anxious to meet Delboy and Rodney

I went on this last year!

Beautiful Barn Owl, casting its eye on Emma!











Cute Donkey and its baby

The helicopter trip views










Comments:
my photos went up VERY quickly :D
 
well bully for you! i've had a gutful to be honest. I've been trying for hours virtually non stop whilst doing things, and it just hangs for about 5 minutes, comes up with DONE and a blank box, and bugger all there.
 
Glad you enjoyed your day out, lovely pics.
 
Really enjoyed the pictures Jan. Hey, I love helicopters as well, I get all shivery when one flies overhead. Would love to be able to go up in one.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++