26 August 2006

Saturday

Dunno what else to call this. I am a bit bored to be honest, although I shouldn't be, I have a list as long as my arm of things that need doing, and am getting all stressed out again, as the list gets longer all the time, and I don't seem to be getting them done, or if I do, it then transpires that several other things need doing because of what I have already done! I guess what I am trying to say (very badly) is that every job here has like a network of other things that need doing too to complete the original job. Oh crap, what a load of rubbish I am talking. Blame it on my menopausal symptoms, and the fact that I have a bad head today again. I took one of my migraine pills this morning, which got rid of it, but I keep going very dizzy, bit scarey actually, a couple of times I have nearly gone over!

Anyway, what I did do was clean the path and re-edge the grass round the back where I feed the birds and hogs. It was rather stinky to say the least. I also re-potted my holly type plant that was in a tub in the bird table tub. It was covered also in smelly sunflower heart remains, I had to spray all the leaves off, what a stupid idea that is, to have a tub with a bird table above it as a feature, all the stuff off the table ends up in the plant. It's now enjoying its freedom in a nice new big pot in the front garden instead. The tub below the bird table can remain empty, hope it doesn't blow over in the wind though! I got soaked to the skin doing this job by the way, but once I started I wanted to get it done. As soon as I had finished, it stopped raining of course. I was so hot I had to do it just in a t-shirt anyway. Stupid weather, pissing with rain, but 70 degrees.

I am looking after Ben today, so I haven't been able to do many of my other jobs, I wanted to clean out the guinea pigs but they need to run round on the floor or be put outside when I do it, neither option available, Emma won't touch them but I'm not sure about Ben, don't want to take the chance, and it's not fair to shut him in the kitchen, he's such a lovely dog. Also Chippy been shut in all day too for the same reason, he has a habit of trying to fly now and then, and he isn't very adept at it. Don't want him to end up as a sandwich either. So he's got the right hump.

Stopped raining long enough to take the dogs to the Woodland Trust walk that I've posted pics of on here before, so have just done two of the dogs with my camera phone. I tried to capture that "cute" type of pose, where the dog's head is the prominent feature, with a tiny body - didn't come out too bad! Amazed I actually got Ben to sit still for a few seconds whilst I did it. They are both now knackered and asleep in the other room. It's quite a long walk, about 50 minutes I guess, and 75% of it is uphill. Nearly killed me today. I took my waterproof coat, but had to take it off half way and tie round my waist, I was so hot.

Is-it-Snuffles-or-isn't-it is spending the day in the shed in his box, it's actually warmer out there than it is in here, and seems fine, I got him out to check this morning. He'd done loads of poos and wees in the back porch over night, and scoffed all his food. I am hoping that he will be able to go back into the box with Right tomorrow after the trip to the vets. I don't want to keep him in longer than necessary. I bought some cooking oil whilst I went out too, I check on Right this morning, and there are now four bloody tics on its ear. Trouble is as soon as it sensed me with the lid open on the box, it curled up, so don't know if I am going to be able to achieve the desired result, but will have a go with a dropper very shortly. I don't want to frighten it too much so that it's afraid to return.

Well guess that's it for now, time to go and do the feeders. Have had a bit of a lull here lately, due to the Sparrowhawk. It's here constantly,keep finding the remains of its kills too, spew, but luckily haven't actually witnessed this. I saw the hawk itself this morning, my cockatiels went barmy when I was in there doing the feed, came out and it was sitting in the tree. I don't think it's the one I caught unless it's matured a lot in the past few weeks. This is a magnificent looking bird with lots more brown on the chest, less spotty than the little one I had in my hand, and slightly bigger.

TV is a problem tonight, there's three things on at the same time, the Speedway, The X-Factor and Problem/Maria. What to watch, decisions, decisions. Think it will be the Speedway, it starts at 6 oclock. Best make an early start on doing the tea else I will miss some!



Comments:
What a couple of charmers. Love the pictures. Sure sounds like you had a busy day.
 
I know what you mean about jobs, they are everywhere, and just niggle at you all the time, get really fed up with them.
Loved the pics of the dogs, so cute.
 
cute doggies!!!
 
cute doggies!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++