05 August 2006

Well I've made my bed....

....and now I have to lay in it! (Double inuendo there too, but we won't go into that today.) I am feeling happier than yesterday, and why? Because the summer came back today, it's been boiling. It still is. 5.30 pm and it's still about 24c in the shade, and about 34c where I am now in my porch. Love it.

Okay so the bed. I made it up yesterday, took my time, took nearly all day actually. I sawed the legs off by 8 centimetres, otherwise it would have been the same height as the old one and defeated the object really. Major disaster after the first leg though, the saw blade broke! So I rushed down to my local builders merchants and put on my helpless female act (ha, little do they know....)pleaded ignorance as to which was the correct blade, how to load it in the saw, and the bloke did it all there for me. I did ask him if he'd come back with me and finish the job off, but for some strange reason he thought I was joking....

Putting the sprung slats in was quite difficult, but for once, I just did everything right, and it all went together as per the instructions. One or two marks on the silver frame, but I wasn't going to complain for that money - a brand new bed for £79.99 and delivered within two days or ordering on eBay? I think not. Very pleased with it.

Well that was the good news. The bad is, as anticipated, although it is sprung, it still felt like sleeping on a concrete slab last night. I must've woke up about 20 times aching like hell! But at least it wasn't Emma waking me up like she normally does because she can't get up on the bloody thing! I think to be honest I would have woken up anyway, because I was aching so much, so it wasn't really a fair trial. So I have to give it another chance. I actually bunged the base of my old one on it to see this afternoon, but it's much too high for me, and Em would have no chance of getting on and off without hurting herself, so that's that. I will have to lump it (literally) The funny thing is though, although my shoulders, legs and a few other places ached today (I think because of falling over) my back didn't, so may be it was what I needed in that respect. When I sat up in bed this morning using my laptop though, I got a numb bum, so may have to curtail that activity!



At least someone was happy with the new arrangement.

Comments:
lovely final shot
 
Got quite a kick out of your bit about putting the bed together. Reminded me of myself, lol. Sweet picture of your dog.
 
what about putting something soft on the top Jan, they had some soft tops for beds in crzy Max,they were rolls at the far end, I have a latex top on my bed, or something like this.
http://www.dreams.co.uk//scripts/smartshop.cgi?script_action=view_category;category_id=13
I think its important to have a comfy bed, we spend a long time in it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++