14 August 2006
What is it about me and devices?
Having had one hell of a day yesterday with my mobile phone, trying to get the bluetooth to work, far too long and boring to put on here but it will be etched on my memory forever more, I thought maybe today would be better. How wrong I was. The 512MB memory card came. Hooray. Put it in the Nokia, and it only showed 80MB. Here we go I thought, so I emailed the guy at Cowbridge, and he emailed back to ask what version my phone was, and how to find out this info. It turns out that it is a version 3, and you need a version 5 for the memory card to work. No worries, it can be upgraded by a mobile phone shop for free says he. So I go to Carmarthen this afternoon. Orange Shop. No, you will need to get in touch with Nokia, or you could try Carmarthen Electronics. So I wandered round, and ended up in the other mobile phone repair shop. I don't know why I went in there, that bloke really gives my arse a headache. He is so negative and miserable. Everything is such a pain for him by his attitude. Looks at you like you are an imbecile, and that he'd never heard of the problem. Gets another card of his out, puts in my phone, its a smaller memory one, but it works, and says I can have it for £25. Got the hump when I said no, it was a lot more than the one I'd got, and half the memory. So then I go round to the shop recommended by Orange, and he tests it all out, and the card is incompatible with my phone, it needs an adaptor. Or he can upgrade the software on my phone but it will be about £30, it takes an hour and a half to do on their machines, and it will completely wipe everything off my phone. So I left it. Now I don't know what to do. Whether to say fuck the thing and settle for 80mb memory which will probably be about 20 songs (thats if I can ever get the bluetooth to work anyway to download any) or whether to send it back and forget the whole thing (they have offered me my money back) or just spend £35 like I probably should have done in the first place to buy one from the Orange shop. I am so fed up, you wouldn't believe.
The weather isn't helping. Its been grey and bloody horrible here for days. I went out to town wearing a sweatshirt and my jacket. Just 12 miles away and there is blue sky, and it was boiling. I ended up sweating in my t-shirt. Came back here and there was a line across the sky about 2 miles away where the grey started again, and its freezing in this bungalow even though I have had the hall radiator back on for three nights now.
Also had another upset this morning. Why it is upsetting me I don't know, I hardly know the lady, but the ambulance came and took Lizzie away again. I spoke to her granddaughter, she is not too good at all, they think there is nerve damage in her broken arm. I came in and cried. It could so easily be my mum there. All her family were there for her, she had at least 6 or 8 family to see her off. It was almost like they were not expecting her home again to be honest, that's what got to me.
Only good thing happened is I found a nice walk to take Emma again in Carmarthen, a circular walk round the public footpaths which run behind Jewsons, along the new by pass and back up. At least it's somewhere she can have a trot off the lead, seemed to enjoy it anyway, and I took a few pics with the phone camera.
Today has flown by and I've achieved nothing as usual. The worktop in the kitchen is full of dirty plates and cutlery because I couldn't be arsed to wash up last night. And all my plants outside need watering again. If we must have grey sky I wish at least it would rain, and save me a job.
Current mood: Cheesed right off





The weather isn't helping. Its been grey and bloody horrible here for days. I went out to town wearing a sweatshirt and my jacket. Just 12 miles away and there is blue sky, and it was boiling. I ended up sweating in my t-shirt. Came back here and there was a line across the sky about 2 miles away where the grey started again, and its freezing in this bungalow even though I have had the hall radiator back on for three nights now.
Also had another upset this morning. Why it is upsetting me I don't know, I hardly know the lady, but the ambulance came and took Lizzie away again. I spoke to her granddaughter, she is not too good at all, they think there is nerve damage in her broken arm. I came in and cried. It could so easily be my mum there. All her family were there for her, she had at least 6 or 8 family to see her off. It was almost like they were not expecting her home again to be honest, that's what got to me.
Only good thing happened is I found a nice walk to take Emma again in Carmarthen, a circular walk round the public footpaths which run behind Jewsons, along the new by pass and back up. At least it's somewhere she can have a trot off the lead, seemed to enjoy it anyway, and I took a few pics with the phone camera.
Today has flown by and I've achieved nothing as usual. The worktop in the kitchen is full of dirty plates and cutlery because I couldn't be arsed to wash up last night. And all my plants outside need watering again. If we must have grey sky I wish at least it would rain, and save me a job.
Current mood: Cheesed right off





Comments:
<< Home
I dont know if this will help, but when I cant do something, I stop leave it for a bit then go back to it, if I still cant do it, I will try and ask someone on here!!!
Erm not sure about the memory card thing, I will have a look in my phone, see if I can shed some light for you!
Erm not sure about the memory card thing, I will have a look in my phone, see if I can shed some light for you!
Yes you must be so fed up with it all Jan, nothing is ever straight forward.
Loved the pics of Emma, is nt she lovely with those big brown eyes, and she loves the camera lol.
Glad someone else has a pile of dishes from the night before, my kitchens like a bomb site most days lol, get so fed up with it.
Loved the pics of Emma, is nt she lovely with those big brown eyes, and she loves the camera lol.
Glad someone else has a pile of dishes from the night before, my kitchens like a bomb site most days lol, get so fed up with it.
Don't you just feel like taking some of these contraptions and bashing them. I know I've come close at times. I can understand your feeling of vulnerability re: Lizzy. I think the older we get the more we feel these things.
Post a Comment
<< Home
