31 August 2006

Yesterday's outing and random thoughts

Didn't think I would bother writing about yesterday, wasn't anything out of the ordinary, have done it all before really, but still.

Went to the vets with Ryan, he seemed a fair bit better, nowhere near as runny nosed and snuffly. I mentioned about the TB being found in hogs, and Lowry said she wasn't at all surprised, due to the badger connection. However, she said the policy of vets was to put any infected animal down, not to treat as treatment wasn't satisfactory (I wonder, or is it just too time consuming and expensive? Bet they didn't think the same with humans.... ) Anyhow, we decided that Ryan didn't have TB very quickly!

Next, needed Sunflower hearts, and wanted to avoid Carmarthen like the plague at the moment, the traffic is awful, full of bloody caravanners. Shall be glad in a way when the holidays are over for good, and get rid of them, the traffic in general has been a pain in the bum this year, more so than I've noticed before here. So I went to Cilgerran, took a picnic and took Emma down to the car park for a walk down along the river. Weather wasn't overly pleasant, bit of rain, but it's sheltered along there by the trees. I messed around with my mobile phone, and had quite a shock when I realised just how bad my hearing is now. I did a sound recording of a Wood Pigeon coo-ing. I just love that sound out of all the bird calls, it makes me feel all nostalgic but in a nice way, I remember it so much from when I was a kid. Anyhow, I did two recordings, that was the only sound I could hear at the time, everything else was silent. When I played it back, I put the phone up to my ear as the volume was low, and there was another bird call, high pitched, and far, far louder than the pigeons one, much closer. I hadn't heard it at all. It's almost two years now that I had hearing tests done and was told I had a substantial hearing loss, and was supposedly put on the priority list for a NH digital hearing aid. Ho ho, I've not bothered to get back in touch with the hospital because I know I won't wear it - I've had an ordinary one for about 10 years, and it was a nightmare. Awful, awful thing. I need to be a lot deafer before I get to having to wear one of those things. Made me a bit pissed off though. It's definitely got worse this year I think, I'm having problems with the phone sometimes now, understanding what is said.

Went to Tescos then, usual trip really, stocked up with a few things, mainly diesel (£40 again) had my clubcard vouchers to spend, I wonder why you can't use them for fuel though, seems strange to me, but still.

Had the journey from hell on the way back, stuck behind slow moving vehicles and stupid people who wouldn't overtake even when the road was clear for a mile in front, they were content to sit at 25mph, and there were just too many to take the lot of them, I'm not chancing that again after last week's near miss.

The weather was horrendous here last night, pouring with rain, blowing a gale, thoroughly miserable. I turned the radiator up in the hall, and typically, now it's got warmer today, it's 60f outside this morning, instead of 50f that it's been for the past few days. Today promises to be even better, grey, windy, drizzle, and nothing planned at all, apart from Ryan to the vets again shortly. He's eaten all his food during the night, thats 100g cat food foil, and he's had a lot of peanuts and other bits too thank goodness.

Feeling a bit fed up again, nothing too serious but I hate this time of the year, well in fact it's come early this year, leaves are coming down off the trees already, and the thought of the winter to come, long dark nights, the cold, things withering and dying, wildlife struggling to survive, how bloody depressing it all is. I was definitely meant to live somewhere else I think. Oh well dream on, maybe one day ....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++