06 September 2006
Crazy Weather!
The weather is ridiculous, thick foggy drizzle earlier, so needed to put a jacket on but ended up taking it off and just deciding to get wet, it's so hot and humid, over 70f. It actually poured with rain a few times too, the garden is back to it's normal soggy self with 8 inch long grass, which I really hate. If I remember rightly, I never got to cut the grass here last year from about now on because it was never dry enough, hope it doesn't happen again.
Not much to report today really. Cut down drastically on the amount of food I have put out for the birds today, but have topped up with supplies from Pets at Home as I was running low on stuff, and it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. I didn't get peanuts from there though, they are miles too expensive, £14.99 for 12.75 kilos, I can get 25 kilos from the farm shop for £17. Will pop over there tomorrow or Friday, have enough for a couple more days yet. Looks like the hawk had a greenfinch though, theres a few wing feathers near the kitchen window. Hope it was the sick one that was here yesterday. :( I'm going to just put a couple of handfuls of sunflower hearts out twice a day from now on, and just mainly stick to peanuts for the birds, but I think I said all that yesterday. I may also start giving a bit more brown bread too, I already crumble that up each day for my two doves in the aviary, and it's still a great favourite with the wild birds, it's taken in preference to other stuff by robins in particular.
Took Emma round the reservoirs again, it's a great place to go when it's raining too at the moment with all the leaves on the trees, didn't get wet at all, Emma did of course, because she went in and had a snort round a couple of times!
Went to Morrisons - oh how I hate that shop! I had a list of about 7 items just needed to top up with, couple of salad things, some milk etc. Ended up spending about £44! It's always the same in there, they were doing lots of buy one, get one frees on things that I always buy - I don't fall into the trap of buying stuff I don't normally have, but the shampoo I always buy, the biscuits I always buy, the yoghurts I always buy..... so I stocked up. And I also couldn't resist a patio pot of lovely winter plants, and also a hanging basket which will replace my petunia one when it finally finishes flowering.
Oh yeah, I went to McDonalds (yes, I know, AGAIN!) Can't help it, I love the stuff, anyway this was to check on the McFlurry container situation. As I expected, they are still using the old ones with the hedgehog head traps. I just knew they would be, and they had a huge long stack of them in the rack. The girl who served me knew nothing about the new ones. Bloody typical. It will be months before they change them I expect, hedgehogs will have hibernated by then but I wonder how many more will die first. :(
My new pots:


Not much to report today really. Cut down drastically on the amount of food I have put out for the birds today, but have topped up with supplies from Pets at Home as I was running low on stuff, and it will be interesting to see how long it lasts. I didn't get peanuts from there though, they are miles too expensive, £14.99 for 12.75 kilos, I can get 25 kilos from the farm shop for £17. Will pop over there tomorrow or Friday, have enough for a couple more days yet. Looks like the hawk had a greenfinch though, theres a few wing feathers near the kitchen window. Hope it was the sick one that was here yesterday. :( I'm going to just put a couple of handfuls of sunflower hearts out twice a day from now on, and just mainly stick to peanuts for the birds, but I think I said all that yesterday. I may also start giving a bit more brown bread too, I already crumble that up each day for my two doves in the aviary, and it's still a great favourite with the wild birds, it's taken in preference to other stuff by robins in particular.
Took Emma round the reservoirs again, it's a great place to go when it's raining too at the moment with all the leaves on the trees, didn't get wet at all, Emma did of course, because she went in and had a snort round a couple of times!
Went to Morrisons - oh how I hate that shop! I had a list of about 7 items just needed to top up with, couple of salad things, some milk etc. Ended up spending about £44! It's always the same in there, they were doing lots of buy one, get one frees on things that I always buy - I don't fall into the trap of buying stuff I don't normally have, but the shampoo I always buy, the biscuits I always buy, the yoghurts I always buy..... so I stocked up. And I also couldn't resist a patio pot of lovely winter plants, and also a hanging basket which will replace my petunia one when it finally finishes flowering.
Oh yeah, I went to McDonalds (yes, I know, AGAIN!) Can't help it, I love the stuff, anyway this was to check on the McFlurry container situation. As I expected, they are still using the old ones with the hedgehog head traps. I just knew they would be, and they had a huge long stack of them in the rack. The girl who served me knew nothing about the new ones. Bloody typical. It will be months before they change them I expect, hedgehogs will have hibernated by then but I wonder how many more will die first. :(
My new pots:


Comments:
<< Home
Lovely pots of flowers Jan. That's terrible re: those containers that McDonalds have. Probably cheaper to stick with the same old containers and hedgehogs be damned. MAKES ME SICK! Your should get a bunch of hog lovers together and storm the place.
Post a Comment
<< Home
