13 September 2006
Insomnia
Getting naffed off with it now. Having terrible nights with lack of sleep, keep waking up and can't get off again, my brain won't switch off. Yesterday it was about 4am, at least I have to be thankful that it was 5.30 today I guess, and I did get to bed about 11.30. Having lots of hot flushes lol, which aren't that bad I suppose, because normally I was always so cold, so it's quite pleasant to be warm once in a while!
Well thought this would be a good opportunity to catch up with the last few days, I seem to be so busy lately, couldn't see me having any time later on. The main thing of note that has happened is that I had to take the new laptop back to PC World, because I was unhappy with pixelization (if that's what it's called) on the screen. This had increased from one or two bright dots on the mid-right handside to over 20 bright dots, and for a new machine didn't think it was right. They couldn't fix it, and hadn't got the same one to give me as a replacement, which, in all honesty, was a bit of a relief, I was glad of an excuse to get rid of it, had a couple of things about it which I hated actually, the mouse was horrible, noisy and clicky, and I kept catching my finger in the rim round the edge of it, the dvd drive was at the front and you had to tip the machine up to see where to press the opening button, the fan was noisy etc etc. Anyhow, I feigned disappointment when they said they hadn't got another one in stock and asked if I could choose something else then. Spent ages looking, and also looked online when I got home, because I had to come back and collect all the power supply, boxes and books, and get my private stuff from it. Nailed it down to a choice of three, which were all slightly more expensive, but I didn't mind putting a bit more to it, cos dear old mum had sent me the money for the other one anyway, which was completely unexpected, so thought I could well upgrade to something a bit better. Long story short, everyone I chose was out of stock! I didn't want something with a Intel Celeron in, not that they are bad, but just wanted something better than the basic processor. Ended up with a Packard Bell Easynote, with the latest Centrino Duo Core. Very fast, quite pleased with the performance. Not pleased with the fact that its version of Windows XP is the 2002 one, which has different graphics and display modes to the Advent I took back, and no Microsoft Works, but luckily my friend Irene has these on disc so I am off over there today to update this. Let's hope this one lasts longer than three weeks. The only thing that has now completely pissed me off is that I did a google check on the model of the machine last night to see if there were any reviews, and found out that Currys, which are part of the same group as PC World and are right next door, are doing this for £100 less. I wanted to kill myself frankly. Yet again has money been thrown away. But it did say very limited offer, so I am convincing myself that they would have sold out and I wouldn't have been able to get one there anyway. Not that PC World would give me my money back anyway, I did ask, and was greeted by a laugh in a polite but oh you must be joking way! Thing is I didn't really want my money back I just wanted a new laptop, and I didn't want to buy one from Comet really, they are a pain in the bum with their high-pressure-sell-you-the-extended-warranty sales pitch. Had all that before with the last one, was very embarrassing.
Okay enough about that, bet you are all bored to tears. Not much else to report though really, apart from the weather has been lovely and warm. Just let Emma out for a wee though and it's been raining so that means the grass will be too wet to cut today, but that's a relief really.
Ryan is doing okay. He's gone from 850g from the last weigh-in to 1005g yesterday. He still has a very snotty nose, but it's clear fluid, and he is very lively and inquisitive, obviously eating well, so fingers crossed he will be okay. Vet thinks it could be cysitis causing the blood in his wee, and the antibiotics should be helping that anyway. I have to check back on my blog in a bit to see if this is the last week of injections, I thought this was only week three but vet seemed to think this was the last week. I have arranged that on Thursday I will take the injection for Saturday to do myself as it's such a pain to go to the surgery on a Saturday, they are so busy, even though I went an hour after surgery was officially closed, I still had to wait forever just to be in there for about 1 minute. I'd be quite happy to do all of the injections actually, I was doing that for Snuffles last year, no problem, and he wasn't as co-operative and tame as Ryan.
Well it's now 6.45 am, just getting light and I am going to see if I can grab another hour's sleep like I did at this time yesterday, so will end this exciting blurb now. ;)
Well thought this would be a good opportunity to catch up with the last few days, I seem to be so busy lately, couldn't see me having any time later on. The main thing of note that has happened is that I had to take the new laptop back to PC World, because I was unhappy with pixelization (if that's what it's called) on the screen. This had increased from one or two bright dots on the mid-right handside to over 20 bright dots, and for a new machine didn't think it was right. They couldn't fix it, and hadn't got the same one to give me as a replacement, which, in all honesty, was a bit of a relief, I was glad of an excuse to get rid of it, had a couple of things about it which I hated actually, the mouse was horrible, noisy and clicky, and I kept catching my finger in the rim round the edge of it, the dvd drive was at the front and you had to tip the machine up to see where to press the opening button, the fan was noisy etc etc. Anyhow, I feigned disappointment when they said they hadn't got another one in stock and asked if I could choose something else then. Spent ages looking, and also looked online when I got home, because I had to come back and collect all the power supply, boxes and books, and get my private stuff from it. Nailed it down to a choice of three, which were all slightly more expensive, but I didn't mind putting a bit more to it, cos dear old mum had sent me the money for the other one anyway, which was completely unexpected, so thought I could well upgrade to something a bit better. Long story short, everyone I chose was out of stock! I didn't want something with a Intel Celeron in, not that they are bad, but just wanted something better than the basic processor. Ended up with a Packard Bell Easynote, with the latest Centrino Duo Core. Very fast, quite pleased with the performance. Not pleased with the fact that its version of Windows XP is the 2002 one, which has different graphics and display modes to the Advent I took back, and no Microsoft Works, but luckily my friend Irene has these on disc so I am off over there today to update this. Let's hope this one lasts longer than three weeks. The only thing that has now completely pissed me off is that I did a google check on the model of the machine last night to see if there were any reviews, and found out that Currys, which are part of the same group as PC World and are right next door, are doing this for £100 less. I wanted to kill myself frankly. Yet again has money been thrown away. But it did say very limited offer, so I am convincing myself that they would have sold out and I wouldn't have been able to get one there anyway. Not that PC World would give me my money back anyway, I did ask, and was greeted by a laugh in a polite but oh you must be joking way! Thing is I didn't really want my money back I just wanted a new laptop, and I didn't want to buy one from Comet really, they are a pain in the bum with their high-pressure-sell-you-the-extended-warranty sales pitch. Had all that before with the last one, was very embarrassing.
Okay enough about that, bet you are all bored to tears. Not much else to report though really, apart from the weather has been lovely and warm. Just let Emma out for a wee though and it's been raining so that means the grass will be too wet to cut today, but that's a relief really.
Ryan is doing okay. He's gone from 850g from the last weigh-in to 1005g yesterday. He still has a very snotty nose, but it's clear fluid, and he is very lively and inquisitive, obviously eating well, so fingers crossed he will be okay. Vet thinks it could be cysitis causing the blood in his wee, and the antibiotics should be helping that anyway. I have to check back on my blog in a bit to see if this is the last week of injections, I thought this was only week three but vet seemed to think this was the last week. I have arranged that on Thursday I will take the injection for Saturday to do myself as it's such a pain to go to the surgery on a Saturday, they are so busy, even though I went an hour after surgery was officially closed, I still had to wait forever just to be in there for about 1 minute. I'd be quite happy to do all of the injections actually, I was doing that for Snuffles last year, no problem, and he wasn't as co-operative and tame as Ryan.
Well it's now 6.45 am, just getting light and I am going to see if I can grab another hour's sleep like I did at this time yesterday, so will end this exciting blurb now. ;)
Comments:
<< Home
You could ask to see the manager Jan, and say its £100 cheaper next door, and its a lot of money to lose and your not happy,the sales staff will just try and get rid of you, Alan had the same prob with his bike, going wrong all the time, staff did nt do anything, but we asked to see the manager, he got it changed and a different one too.They can t sell things for a lot of money and there is a fault in it, you could demand your money back as you have no faith in the machine anymore. I m sure you could have had your money back if they did nt have one to replace it.
So glad Ryan is doing well, you would make a better nurse than the vets anyway!
The laptop, isn't it always the same, you buy something and then find it is cheaper elsewhere. Ask Jeremy about their refund policy!
Post a Comment
The laptop, isn't it always the same, you buy something and then find it is cheaper elsewhere. Ask Jeremy about their refund policy!
<< Home
