07 September 2006

Knackered!

I've been so busy today, I am truly exhausted, and feeling my age! I got up and put washing in first thing, took Ryan to the vets, cleaned out his cage when I got back, and then set up my new washing line (twice, didn't like where I put it the first time) hung out the washing, put some more in, fed my birds, cleaned the windows which were in a horrible greasy state where I'd had the sunflower heart feeders - that stuff is so hard to get off, I had to scrape it off with my fingernail mainly, and it took both Astonish and Windolene to get rid of it, and even then not entirely.

Ate my lunch, decided to take Emma out and then get back at a reasonable hour and cut all the grass as it was sunny and windy, and drying out. Took her round the park in Llandysul, haven't been there for ages. Saw a pair of grey wagtails today, and a dipper, plus two different types of dragon fly. When we came out of the park I thought I'd call into the vets again with Emma and see about her throat problems. There was only about four people in there, so thought I'd wait. Well it was near on an hour before I got in to see John, the new vet (he saw Ryan this morning, nice guy) I explained about her coughing, and the horrible brown saliva that she has been dribbling. He felt all round her throat very thoroughly, and went to get Marie for a second opinion. Worried me slightly because he was talking about could be thyroid, could be lymph nodes, or just a salivary gland infection. Luckily Marie agreed with the latter and Em is on antibiotics for a week and have to take her back next Thursday to see if the swelling has gone down. She's got a definite lumpy bit on one side of her. Last night, she was soaking all down her chest and her ears, it was like she'd had her head in her drink bowl, so I thought it can't go on unchecked. Hope this will clear it up anyway.

So we got back at 4 oclock and then I cut the grass, and did the strimming, which took me to 6 oclock. Then got in all the washing, folded and put away, changed my bed, did the pets teas and mine, did the washing up, then had to go and shut everything in, how depressing was that too, all the birds had finished feeding and gone in by 7.30 tonight, even though it was bright. The nights are really drawing in so fast now. :( Then put all the hogs food dishes out.

Had a casualty on the path at lunchtime too, Emma found it, I almost didn't notice, but a poor young greenfinch had obviously bashed into the living room window and was splayed out on the ground, looking very dazed. I guess it was fleeing from the bloody sparrowhawk, as there was deathly silence around the garden as usual. I picked him up and popped him in Ryan's carry box in the shed for a while, then I noticed he was looking a bit livelier, but kept him there until I could see and hear other birds around again, then put him in the holly. He stayed there for about 15 minutes looking warily at me, but then flew off, bless.

So that was my exciting day today. Now I am thoroughly knackered, and my back is breaking! Cutting that grass is getting harder and harder now, especially when its wet like it was today, I had to unclag the mower after, about a bucketful of mud all stuck round it underneath, no wonder it was so bloody heavy to push. This stupid garden, I wish I had the money to get rid of about 75% of the grass here, its so unnecessary, especially as it's on about a 60 degree slope, I am like at the bottom of a pit here at the back and sides, and its always wet. Just the little patch of grass at my front would be enough for me to cope with.


The Greenfinch with a headache


Comments:
Poor you, I too am suffering with a bad back so I know what it is like. However, I do feel better knowing that I have done SOME of my chores that have built up.

Poor Emma too, hope the antibiotics work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++