25 September 2006

Not much happening

Title says it all. I am going through a very lethargic phase again. I just can't be bothered to do anything, I just want to do as little as possible, and get out for a few hours. Then I feel guilty as hell because I haven't done things that really needed to be done. I am also so tired and I ache, my arms and legs really ache, and my back hurts like hell too at the moment. I'm also sleeping badly, mainly because of Emma, who keeps waking me up scratching or I wake myself up because I'm too hot. Emma's allergy vaccine doesn't seem to be working this time. I'll have to see Damien about it (my hunky vet - swoon) because it's supposed to be the same stuff, so how come she hasn't scratched all summer and now as soon as I have the new vaccine through from Holland, it isn't working, and she is ripping herself to bits? I gave her an antihistamine pill this morning which worked, but it's worn off now. Not sure I should give her another one today though.

Today was beautiful first thing, so I thought I'd pop to Cardigan Tesco and take Emma down the beach at Aberporth. Set off and the skies got darker and darker, and didn't look too promising at all. Called in at Cilgerran for a small sack of sunflower hearts, and just got down the road about half a mile and the heavens split open, and I've never seen rain like it. I pulled off the road into a layby till it stopped, was about 10 minutes, by which time the road was like a river! Anyway it did brighten up a bit and I did what was intended. I thought the sea water may ease Emma's itches.

Took a few shots of Ryan last night with the web cam, he doesn't come out till about 11.30 to eat, so I have decided to put the webcam back round to the back feeding area for a while now, as it may be more interesting to see which/how many hogs are still coming. I've been putting the homeopathic pill, ground up, in Ryan's food, tonight is the third night, and hopefully if he passes no more blood, I shall let him free from the porch at the weekend. I shall have to check inside the box I suppose though to be sure, but he hasn't done any outside, think the last time he lost blood was Thursday night now, so fingers crossed.

My little Bouncer came again tonight when I went to shut the birds in! I always have a dish of brown bread crumbs in the aviary for the doves, and what's left over I put out on the hanging bird table each night. I'd just put a handful on there and a few bits on to the other bird table and his landed right on it by my hand again! I was so thrilled, because he wasn't around yesterday or this morning, despite my calling him, and I started to think maybe it wasn't him after all, it was just another tamish one, and I wanted it to be him. But now I am sure. Bouncer used to want the suet pellets. So I said hang on, and went and got him a few from inside my safety porch on the aviary where I keep them, and he immediately came and took one! I'm going to try and remember to take the camera up with me in the morning, well morning and evening from now on and see if I can get some decent photos of him now.







Comments:
Poor Jan, you have had a great deal of unhappiness lately and this has, perhaps, caused you to feel lethargic. You need time to lick your wounds.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++