22 September 2006

Still no good news

This morning, I looked at Max as he was awake, and noticed that his bad leg was huge, it's swollen right up. I phoned the vets, to see what they said, but the vet who has been dealing with us wasn't on today (I knew that already)and they had already started doing the ops, so they said bring him down this afternoon. Well this afternoon came and he was fast asleep, and breathing normally, so I left him. Will take him tomorrow morning to see our normal vet. I'm now wondering if this has been the trouble all along, and he really has been in pain and not wanting to eat. Hopefully something can be done now we have something to go on.

My chicken is also not too good. She seemed a bit better when I was watching her this morning, she was scratching around, and saw her eating a bit. But tonight she was very lethargic again, and I felt her crop once she'd gone into the house, and she had nothing in it. I think I'm being cruel keeping her going, she obviously feels like crap. On the other hand, I'm always so reluctant to put something down, I always think maybe, just maybe they may get better, who am I to play god? I always get this problem, nothing seems to die a natural death with me, and I have this awful decision to make all the time.

I put Ryan outside in the porch in Snuffles' old box today. Built a barrier across like I had for Snuffles in the spring, and will let him get used to the box again, and where his food is, and then move the box back over to the far side of the garden in a few days. He is still weeing blood, but I can do no more for him, the water injections haven't worked, and I don't think it's fair to keep sticking needles into him anymore, and keep him confined. He will be warm enough out there for sure, we don't have any low temperatures forecast, and that box is snug. It's actually warmer outside than it is in my back outhouse thingy.

Lastly, Emma hasn't been too good for a couple of days. I wont go into great detail, it is just too gruesome, but she has a bad stomach upset and has given me some nausiating cleaning of my living room rug twice now, and the hall today. She is fine in herself and still wanting to eat and go for walks, but she has obviously eaten something, or maybe something in the river was polluted. Vet told me to starve her - yeah right! I have cut her right down though, about half what she would normally have, if she doesn't get better tomorrow, I will have to be more strict I suppose, but why can't they just give her something, like we would take imodium or something, or kaolin, there must be a doggy equivalent, not just starvation.

The vets phoned me this morning as they had a baby squirrel brought in, tiny, size of a gerbil, and did I know anyone who would look after it? I said I'd look on the 'net but couldn't see anyone within miles. So I thought about it for a few hours, and then decided I'd like to take it on, apparently it was very tame. I called in after walking Emma and they'd already found someone! Was quite upset, but I guess it's great that it's going to get special care.

Hooray, I cut grass today. What a nightmare. Hope it doesn't grow anymore now. Some hopes though. Still got loads to do, aviary needs cleaning out, and I had a ton of sand delivered this week to replenish the flight area. I've carried a few bucket loads up and havent even made an impression on the heap (well it's in a huge bag) It's killed my back and arms, but I can't use the wheelbarrow, the slope is too steep to push it up, its a real killer, bit fed up that I can't do stuff anymore.

Comments:
Your not having a good time with the animals and birds Jan, I know what you mean about sick pets, they don t go in their sleep, they just hang on, my sick bunz are ok, they have their ups and downs, but you are wondering if tomorrow will be a day when they need to go, it is such a worry when pets are poorly, I think it best the squirrel went elsewhere, if he got poorly too, you would have more worry, but your like me I would say yes too, we are stupid lol. hope Emma is better tomorrow. Pauline.
 
Thoughts are with you and all the animals jan
 
Thinking of you, hope things start getting better.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++