09 October 2006

I think I fixed it

Just managed to find my old blog from a couple of years ago, and checked the comments settings section, and then put them the same on this one. God knows how it got altered, I didnt touch anything, but I just did a post to test, and it appeared to be working again, so hopefully....... It still wont show comments on my previous two for some reason though. EDIT 16.30 Now all working, thanks Pete. :)

Okay whilst I am here a brief bit of news, all bad again. Found another dead house sparrow by the bird table this morning. I have to say I am giving serious thought now to stopping feeding completely. I jet sprayed down all my feeding areas, bird tables and feeders again today, I am doing this practically every other day now, and I suddenly though, do I really need this? Do I need the worry, the sadness, the work and the expense? Is the pleasure of seeing the birds feeding here outweighing the upset? In short the answer is no. I am going to continue with the water treatment until I have used up the sachets as it would be a waste not to now, and hopefully it will save a few birds. I shall cut down even more on what I'm doing now, but within the next 10 days, I am going to stop sunflower hearts apart from one handful twice daily on the hanging bird table up the top, and under the bush for the robins, together with a few suet pellets, and I shall just do three peanut feeders. I am going to stop the wild bird seed and mixed corn, no more ground feeders, no more table top feeder inundated with about 40 birds at a time. Birds will have to use the peanut feeders or go away elsewhere. I feel horrible about it, but I just cant put up with it anymore. Apart from the fact that lugging huge sacks of seeds around has been killing my back for ages now. It will also mean yet another thing that is easier if I want to go away for a few days, less work for someone else, less for me to worry about.

Okay the other bad news is Emma. On Saturday morning she was going frantic as I said trying to get to her rear end. I bathed her again yesterday thinking it was because of itchiness. Today she was outside and I watched her trying to wee for about 2 hours, going round and round the garden in the squat position. The garden is like a soggy mess at the moment because of all the rain, and she kept scuffing her back feet and got in such a state, it was doing my head in, I've made three towels filthy just wiping her feet. Everytime she came indoors, she was sitting by the door wanting out again. I checked her underneath, and there was some blood. Yep, cystitus by the looks of things, so we've just had a trip down the vets again, anti inflamatory injection and antibiotics for 5 days. I've to try and get a urine sample - oh what fun - you ever tried putting a pot under a bitch when she wees? I have had to do this before I think, no chance. Anyhow if she's no better by Wednesday I've to take her back, and of course the itchy thing is back on Friday if no better. What else can go wrong? She thinks I ought to have a word with Damien about the water in the reservoirs though, so that's something to look forward to..... Apparently cystitus in dogs is normally caused by a change in diet or stress related, none of which apply to Emma, and another possibly is stones in the bladder blocking the way, but she couldn't feel anything, but these can be like grains of sand! Hopefully this will clear up with the tablets.

Other than that, been a lovely day here, blue skies, sunny and warm, but I hate this month because everywhere is sunny apart from my garden, I don't get any sun at all in October because the sun goes across the sky too low to clear the bloody trees, so until the leaves all come off next month, its crap! Even next door has some sunshine, I'm just that bit too close. How I wish I could have about 20feet lopped off the top of the things so I just had a nice tall hedge of shrubs, very sore point because that's what the council told me was happening here with the farmer making a laid down hedge, but of course that didn't happen so just have to lump it I suppose.

On that cheery note, I'd better get on with something here.

Comments:
poor Emma, hope "dishy" Damien can sort it out
 
Oh poor Emma, how old is she Jan, when my bunz were young they had nothing wrong, but now there is always something that needs treating, their all getting older and need a lot more care, and they are taking a lot of my time,they are lovely animals, but very hard work.
Hope they find out whats wrong with Emma soon.
 
Aw, dear little Emma, hope she gets better soon.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++