20 October 2006

It's Friday again and I haven't done anything exciting..

Haven't bothered to update this week, as I have been a bit busy, and haven't done anything much worth talking about I suppose. Have been out all day every day this week but managed to spend a day at home today to catch up with some housework. Been spending most of the week with my friend Irene as she went to buy a new laptop on Tuesday, but we were hanging about all day Monday waiting for the phone call that never came to say we could go and collect it. Then Wednesday I was over hers all day helping her to set it up with the broadband connection and downloading some of her programmes from her old laptop. God what a palaver getting her broadband. For god's sake, don't go with Orange with a bloody Orange box anyone who is thinking of swopping. Talk about complicated. It meant a phone call which lasted about 25 minutes with a guy going through all the settings again, because it meant she had to be allocated a new IP address, it didn't do it automatically. When I bought my new one, I just pressed the connect button, put in my network key no. and I was on!

Erm, scratching my head now to think of anything else remotely of interest.

Weather pretty crap, been raining a lot, the rivers are right up, managed to get Emma for a walk today though eventually without getting soaked. She's still not walking too well, and is going down on her right shoulder/leg. But she will run perfectly normally on the grass given the chance. I am trying to make her take it steady, and am lifting her up and down whenever possible. Hopefully it's just a strain and will heal in time, she doesn't want to walk the whole way round the park though, so it's a bit a worry, especially as it's a 10 mile round trip to drive there, only to do about 10 minutes walk, seems a waste of time but I want the exercise too, and some fresh air.

I have been busy downloading the new series of Lost which has been running for three weeks now in the USA. I am doing episode 3 right now, have already watched the first two, and it's as good as ever, I love this programme. I can't believe we aren't having it here until about next March. WHY? Why can't they transmit it a few days after the USA? It's a popular show, I don't get it at all.

Right the only other thing I can think of right now is that the hedgehogs appear to have all gone off now, including Ryan. I hope he is okay, I was really hoping that he would come back so that I could see his eye wound, but he's not been for 4 nights now, I am not leaving food out anymore, I take it in before I go to bed because of the rats, I don't want them coming to my front door, bloody pests. But if he had been he would have gone under the shelter to look, and probably have poo'd so I know he's not been. Also the dish round the back hasn't been touched either, so I'm not putting that out any more either. I shall leave the cams on for a while though to keep a look out, but am glad really, its one less thing to have to worry about for when I go up to mums. I am hoping to go on either Monday 30th or Tues 1st Nov, will see how it goes. There's so much to organise and remember though, am starting to panic already....

There's some great telly programmes on next week, been looking through the tv guide. I am going to spend some more time watching tv and less time on here of an evening in future, because it's costing me money to have Sky+ and I'm not watching anything properly! So if I don't appear on chat so often, don't think I'm being anti-social (well I am anyway, but still...) :o)

Comments:
You, anti social? Never! lol

Will miss you in chat though!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++