26 October 2006
Panic panic panic....
Okay, thought I'd best do a quick update. Well I suppose it needn't be quick, and I know I do go on anyway, but I have so much to do, lists to make, things that need doing urgently (like two days washing up for a start...) Erm, well all this is because I am definitely going to mums, I have managed to find someone to look after my birds hopefully. She is coming round tomorrow for an introduction and to see what is involved, so fingers crossed she will think it's all okay (and I pray that the rats don't put in an appearance, I haven't mentioned them) I mean, she may be okay about them, but I wasn't going to mention it first off incase she outright said no! I asked in my local pet shop if she knew anybody a couple of weeks back, and Claire said that the lady who worked part time in there on a Wednesday has birds, and she might know somebody. Well I couldnt get there last week, but did make it yesterday, and she said, yes, I can do that for you! I think she only has a cockatiel, not sure really, we didnt have a long conversation, but she lives in the next village, and is from Buckinghamshire, has lived here 4 years, and can't get away to visit her mum either, so I hope this could be the start of something that will work out, I think she is around my age, possibly a bit older. Can't wait to see her tomorrow anyway and sort it all out, it was a bit awkward in the shop.
So now its all systems go, Pat is having the guinea pigs, but she is out all day Saturday, so it means either taking them there tomorrow afternoon, after Linda (the new lady) has gone, or Saturday night, but I don't like driving in the dark, so not sure what to do really.
I spent today cleaning out my aviary, the best clean its had in 6 years, lol, I didn't want Linda to think it was filthy. I then also hoovered out the car - take note please Nicola and Anna - in your honour - so now my back is breaking!
I've got hospital tomorrow morning, which I could do without really, I wish I had changed the appointment now, it's only a check up for my diabetes thingy, shouldn't take too long I suppose. I need to get some stuff from Pets at Home after though, because I hope Linda will feed the wild birds for me and put out the hoggy food, as I still have two coming.
One bit of sad news, I had a sick bluetit here today, I hope it wasn't the same horrible disease, broke my heart but couldn't do anything for him, and I didn't see it later on this afternoon. That bloody cat was here again though under the bush, and it had killed another house sparrow. I've rolled a big piece of aviary wire now and stuffed it under the bush, it won't get under there again, but I need to put something along the top of the fence to stop it jumping over that so easily, it's already smashed all the trellis I put along the top.
I've got so much to get done, I need to do some last minute washing, and my head is in a whirl as to what I have to take with me, for myself, Emma and Diddy boy, and some things for mum. Oh well, I suppose it will get done. I am hoping to get away early-ish on Sunday morning and to be at mums by mid-afternoon, and then will stay until the following Sunday (as long as we don't kill each other before then - I love my mum dearly, but we do tend to irritate each other after a very short time!)
Looking forward to the break though really, I've not been away for a whole week since I went on holiday to Spain in 1990! Only managed a few days - think 4 or 5 maximum a few times other than that.
Right, better get stuck in to that washing up....
So now its all systems go, Pat is having the guinea pigs, but she is out all day Saturday, so it means either taking them there tomorrow afternoon, after Linda (the new lady) has gone, or Saturday night, but I don't like driving in the dark, so not sure what to do really.
I spent today cleaning out my aviary, the best clean its had in 6 years, lol, I didn't want Linda to think it was filthy. I then also hoovered out the car - take note please Nicola and Anna - in your honour - so now my back is breaking!
I've got hospital tomorrow morning, which I could do without really, I wish I had changed the appointment now, it's only a check up for my diabetes thingy, shouldn't take too long I suppose. I need to get some stuff from Pets at Home after though, because I hope Linda will feed the wild birds for me and put out the hoggy food, as I still have two coming.
One bit of sad news, I had a sick bluetit here today, I hope it wasn't the same horrible disease, broke my heart but couldn't do anything for him, and I didn't see it later on this afternoon. That bloody cat was here again though under the bush, and it had killed another house sparrow. I've rolled a big piece of aviary wire now and stuffed it under the bush, it won't get under there again, but I need to put something along the top of the fence to stop it jumping over that so easily, it's already smashed all the trellis I put along the top.
I've got so much to get done, I need to do some last minute washing, and my head is in a whirl as to what I have to take with me, for myself, Emma and Diddy boy, and some things for mum. Oh well, I suppose it will get done. I am hoping to get away early-ish on Sunday morning and to be at mums by mid-afternoon, and then will stay until the following Sunday (as long as we don't kill each other before then - I love my mum dearly, but we do tend to irritate each other after a very short time!)
Looking forward to the break though really, I've not been away for a whole week since I went on holiday to Spain in 1990! Only managed a few days - think 4 or 5 maximum a few times other than that.
Right, better get stuck in to that washing up....
Comments:
<< Home
Glad to hear that you have everything sorted. It will be wonderful for you to get away for awhile. You and your mom sound like me and my dad, two days and I've had it, lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home

