03 October 2006

Playing with my new toy....

Done bugger all today except fiddle and play with my new phone! I just couldn't get motivated again to do anything, kept making excuses not to do stuff. Felt so cold today, I didn't even want to go outside more than I could help it. In complete contrast to Nic, I hate this weather. I spent half the morning sitting on the radiator in the hall, thinking about what I should be doing but too shivery to move. I'm always like this in October, I kind of settle down by the time November sets in, but I take a while to adjust to the change in temperature. I can't bear the cold feeling on my face, my hands were like ice going out to do the birds. I really hate this time of the year. All that stuff that has been thriving and flourishing through the summer (including myself) is now withering and shrivelling and dying (hopefully not me, it just feels like it)

In the end I decided I'd better take Emma out and shot into Carmarthen to get my new toy changed so that I could use my Orange Sim card. I took her round the reservoirs so that I could test out the camera, and have posted the results here. I'm absolutely thrilled with it, takes fantastic photos, as good as my original digital camera, which was also 1.3mps, and I was always well pleased with the photos from that. It takes huge pictures too, so I haven't bothered to resize them for here, they are much bigger than the ones I take with my proper camera.

Other news, little Diddy Boy has had no interest in going out at all today. It was sunny this morning, although chilly, but I left the back door open for him and he wasn't interested at all, he stayed on the kitchen doormat nearly all day. When I came back from town, I opened the door for him again, and he did walk out onto the path, but then just came back in again, so I shut the door, as it was a bit cold. I think he's fairly happy to stick around, for my company mainly I suppose, and I keep giving him treats, he loves morning coffee biscuits, grapes, rice, cake....I suppose after all he is over 8 years old and is a bit arthritic, so is quite happy to sit around, that's all he did outside mainly anyway. I can see he will be an indoor bird almost completely now for the rest of his little life, no problem for me though, just keep picking his little poos up with a bit of bog roll, so far not managed to tread in any!

Little Ryan came again last night, and he is back in the box asleep again today. If this weather keeps up though, I guess unless he has decided to hibernate in my box, he will be off soon, there is a definite chill in the air now unfortunately.

My Chippy














Diddy Boy














Emma in the water despite it being freezing!



























Comments:
Wonderful pictures Jan. You have two beautiful birds there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++