14 October 2006

Secondly....

An amazing thing happened at 5 oclock. Sadly it means that the rats are now living on borrowed time, but it was inevitable I guess, and in truth, I knew something had to be done about it as has been discussed on here before, but I was loathe to do it. Now it's out of my hands.

What happened was I went up to do the bird feed and Mike, (the neighbour who lives behind, and who hasn't spoken to me for over a year since I went round there because his son had killed two birds in my garden with his air rifle, and whom I assumed had called the Pest Control officer and reported me,) called to me over the fence that he had seen a couple of rats in my garden, and wanted to let me know! Well, I shall take that as a pinch of salt as it was obviously an excuse to discuss the problem in depth. Anyway, it was a relief to know that he was still being friendly to be honest, I have no argument with him, it was his turd of a son that I loathe, but still...

We ended up chatting about various things for over half an hour, culminating in the fact that he has been poisoning them anyway, and he has caught eight also. But the worst and worrying thing for him is that they have got into his house, so something has to be done. They have also been in his brick built garage and chewed through cables and things on his motorbikes, so not funny. We had a moan about another neighbour, the farmer who has rented the field etc etc. He is getting a skip and I can put all my crap in it, I just have to pass it over the fence to him. He knows someone with a ferret and did I want him to come and see if we can get rid of a few of the rats. Well at least they are quick, and kill instantly, so I said yes. It hopefully will happen when I'm not around too and won't know too much about the gory details.

But the very good news from my point of view is that he said he will look after my birds if I want to go up mums, just let him know, and he will come round and I can show him what I want doing. Wow, what a turn up for the books! He has done it for me before see, a few years ago, when I went away a few times for a long weekend. He used to have an aviary and when he stopped, he gave me two of his birds, a budgie and a cockatiel, and I still have the budgie.

I feel so relieved, I hated to be at war, but perhaps it was just in my mind really, I guess our paths never crossed much before anyway, but I always felt a horrible atmosphere if I was out back and they were in the garden, but in fairness, Mike never was, it was just the wife and the turd mainly.

So it may be all systems go for the week after next, as I would prefer not to take the guinea pigs, otherwise I will have a car load of pets, don't think mum would be too impressed, and Pat will have them that week.

Yeah, a result. :0)

Mood: Happy

Comments:
Nice you are back on talking terms, great he will look after the birds.

Not so great about the rats, but if they are in the house and doing that damage..............getting the council in will be better than him putting the poision down
 
yes, nice your talking to your neighbour Jan, it s not nice having a bad feeling when they are in the garden, it will be so much better now.

Poor old rats, but they can be naughty, they have been chasing poor Hansel out of the den, thats why I have to catch them, if the neighbours see a rat, they phone the council and they send the rat man with his poison, but with your lot, there are so many now and something has to be done or they will be in your house too, so for the best really, someone else has sorted it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
adopt your own virtual pet!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++