16 October 2006
That "spooky" place again
Took Emma to the place where strange things happen again yesterday. Parked in the normal place, walked along the road, in through the gate, along the river, took a couple of pics of the water and Emma in the leaves (very Autumnal yesterday) Thought to myself, wow, a lovely Sunday afternoon, and nobody else here, how fantastic (my sort of place) We went into the first farm field, but it was full of very fresh cow pats and the gate was open into the second field, so I guessed cows were very close, so we turned back. Far enough for Emma anyway with her poorly leg, although it didn't stop her from having a good old huff round. We then went back out of the swing gate, and started up the slope toward the church (I'm doing a reverse walk to the last time here btw) I thought, ha, nothing untoward this time then. As I looked up the path, I saw a woman in a white/light coloured jacket, and thought oh bum, there is someone else here after all. Anyway, she was a way ahead so we just carried on at the normal pace, knowing that I would be unlikely to catch her up. Got through the woody bit and then you come to where the graveyard starts, with a low brick wall. This is all open and you can see. It's so hard to explain. But anyway, I thought, blimey she must've been moving to have got all the way up there and have turned the corner, I wasn't dawdling. So I got to the very top bit then by the church gates, and looked down the drive, expecting her to be about halfway down there and - nothing! Nobody. Zilch. The person I saw, looked to be fairly elderly from the back. Not an olympic runner. They couldn't have gone anywhere else, impossible due to the lay out of the paths/woods/wall/hedges. Here we go again.....!
Apart from that, yesterday was filled with cutting all my grass and strimming everywhere which took 2 hours. Looks so much better, and am glad I felt in the mood to get it done too.
I was getting disappointed that no sign of any hogs for a few nights now. Ryan hadn't been since I put the oil on his tics. I shut down the pc and was about to go to bed around 11.30 but Emma wanted to go out again. Opened the door and Ryan was under the cover, just arrived thank goodness, he hadn't started on any food. Got him out and looked and the tics were gone yay! But the lump above his eye concerned me. It looked bigger and sore. I put him back after giving him a good old fuss, and came in and then thought,no I can't leave it like that, so found some antiseptic ointment and a cotton bud and went back and put a load on the wound. He is such a sweetheart and lets me do stuff to him, I wanted to hug him and bring him back in so much! He still has a slightly runny nose, but its not all that mucous stuff he had before, just the odd wet trickle lol, same as I get really! I don't think it warrants captivity anyway and more injections, best leave him. I hope the ointment does some good anyway. If not I maybe will try and get a close up shot of it and show the vets and see if they can just give me something to treat it with a bit stronger without having to take him down there. He ate two dishes of cat food again anyway and lots of sultanas.


Apart from that, yesterday was filled with cutting all my grass and strimming everywhere which took 2 hours. Looks so much better, and am glad I felt in the mood to get it done too.
I was getting disappointed that no sign of any hogs for a few nights now. Ryan hadn't been since I put the oil on his tics. I shut down the pc and was about to go to bed around 11.30 but Emma wanted to go out again. Opened the door and Ryan was under the cover, just arrived thank goodness, he hadn't started on any food. Got him out and looked and the tics were gone yay! But the lump above his eye concerned me. It looked bigger and sore. I put him back after giving him a good old fuss, and came in and then thought,no I can't leave it like that, so found some antiseptic ointment and a cotton bud and went back and put a load on the wound. He is such a sweetheart and lets me do stuff to him, I wanted to hug him and bring him back in so much! He still has a slightly runny nose, but its not all that mucous stuff he had before, just the odd wet trickle lol, same as I get really! I don't think it warrants captivity anyway and more injections, best leave him. I hope the ointment does some good anyway. If not I maybe will try and get a close up shot of it and show the vets and see if they can just give me something to treat it with a bit stronger without having to take him down there. He ate two dishes of cat food again anyway and lots of sultanas.


Comments:
<< Home
Ticks are horrible nasty things, maybe it was a tick in his head, the antiseptic should work, other than that he may have been in the wars with another hog...poor hoggy.
Oooooo spooky place
Oooooo spooky place
Wow, another interesting story about that "spooky" place. Maybe you are seeing people from the other side. You should take pictures the next time you see someone and see what shows up. Fasinating!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home

