23 October 2006
This and that....dog and cat
Been busy playing with my new laptop all weekend, and again today. Just as well I had a new toy because the weather has been pretty awful. I did managed a couple of hours out yesterday to go to Pets At Home and Tesco, and then walked Emma round the reservoirs in the peeing rain. It's not too bad there though because it's sheltered under the trees, most of the leaves are still on thankfully. She didn't want to go in the water either, not that it would have mattered because she got pretty wet anyway.
For anyone who ever contemplates buying a laptop online, may I recommend www.laptops.direct.co.uk. Amazing service, ordered 2.30 pm on Friday, received 8.55 am Saturday, and let's hope it's third time lucky for me. So far, so good, I am thrilled with what it has, what it can do, the mouse and keyboard are fabulous. I bought an Acer Aspire 5612WLMi, wish I'd stuck with Acer in the first place, at least I knew about them. Can't believe the features it has on it compared with the other Packard Bell thing, for the same money.
That evil cat has been in here constantly. I've put all sorts of barricades up to stop it getting into a position where it can hide out and pounce on birds, but I think it got one on Saturday anyway. It ran from the bird feeding area and had something in its mouth, sat and looked at me from on top of the fence down the end before it smirked and jumped off out of sight. I won't let it beat me, I swear. I got it with the hosepipe the other night, but that obviously hasn't put it off. When I went up to my aviary tonight, there were two dead baby rats, one missing its head. I would have felt happier if it had been adult ones to be honest, but it's always the young ones who aren't yet streetwise. I feel awful about their fate, the little ones trust me, and are waiting for me when I go up there at teatime, their little eager faces looking at me from the bank, waiting for their corn and dog biscuits. I know, I know, I'm mad, a complete and utter eccentric. But it's not their fault they are rats, the young ones are so cute and playful, they are cheeky too, they sniff and twitch their whiskers at me.
Took Emma round the park after my friend Irene had gone home this afternoon. She was limping really badly again. I think I ought to take her to the vets now, it's been too long really, maybe Damien (sigh...) will be able to find something I couldn't, I don't know, I will see how she is in the morning. It didn't stop her posing and being silly and being an attention seeker all the time Irene was here though, she plonked herself between us on the sofa.
Oh well time for bed, I'm trying to get there a bit earlier lately, because I keep waking up at the crack of dawn and can't get back to sleep. I am having trouble sleeping full stop though, got so much on my mind at the moment, trying to plan things for next week, all the things to sort out here, things I have to take, things I have to do when I get to mums. I reckon I need about a month up there to sort her out! I really don't know what to do about Diddy boy cockerel either, mum will have a blue fit I know she will, because of him crowing, she is paranoid about making any noise, she won't even have the telly up loud enough to hear because she doesn't want to annoy the neighbours. Sadly, they don't reciprocate though, and make lots of noise, but I can't convince her.
That bloody cat!
Loll!
For anyone who ever contemplates buying a laptop online, may I recommend www.laptops.direct.co.uk. Amazing service, ordered 2.30 pm on Friday, received 8.55 am Saturday, and let's hope it's third time lucky for me. So far, so good, I am thrilled with what it has, what it can do, the mouse and keyboard are fabulous. I bought an Acer Aspire 5612WLMi, wish I'd stuck with Acer in the first place, at least I knew about them. Can't believe the features it has on it compared with the other Packard Bell thing, for the same money.
That evil cat has been in here constantly. I've put all sorts of barricades up to stop it getting into a position where it can hide out and pounce on birds, but I think it got one on Saturday anyway. It ran from the bird feeding area and had something in its mouth, sat and looked at me from on top of the fence down the end before it smirked and jumped off out of sight. I won't let it beat me, I swear. I got it with the hosepipe the other night, but that obviously hasn't put it off. When I went up to my aviary tonight, there were two dead baby rats, one missing its head. I would have felt happier if it had been adult ones to be honest, but it's always the young ones who aren't yet streetwise. I feel awful about their fate, the little ones trust me, and are waiting for me when I go up there at teatime, their little eager faces looking at me from the bank, waiting for their corn and dog biscuits. I know, I know, I'm mad, a complete and utter eccentric. But it's not their fault they are rats, the young ones are so cute and playful, they are cheeky too, they sniff and twitch their whiskers at me.
Took Emma round the park after my friend Irene had gone home this afternoon. She was limping really badly again. I think I ought to take her to the vets now, it's been too long really, maybe Damien (sigh...) will be able to find something I couldn't, I don't know, I will see how she is in the morning. It didn't stop her posing and being silly and being an attention seeker all the time Irene was here though, she plonked herself between us on the sofa.
Oh well time for bed, I'm trying to get there a bit earlier lately, because I keep waking up at the crack of dawn and can't get back to sleep. I am having trouble sleeping full stop though, got so much on my mind at the moment, trying to plan things for next week, all the things to sort out here, things I have to take, things I have to do when I get to mums. I reckon I need about a month up there to sort her out! I really don't know what to do about Diddy boy cockerel either, mum will have a blue fit I know she will, because of him crowing, she is paranoid about making any noise, she won't even have the telly up loud enough to hear because she doesn't want to annoy the neighbours. Sadly, they don't reciprocate though, and make lots of noise, but I can't convince her.
That bloody cat!
Loll!
Comments:
<< Home
Emma looks as though she has been at the bottle! Was it gin?
Are you taking Diddy with you Jan? I'd like to see that sight!
Are you taking Diddy with you Jan? I'd like to see that sight!
That Emma, what a picture. I think Boo is right, she does look like she has been at the bottle, lol.
Post a Comment
<< Home

